Thread deletion without any reasons?

Status

silas

Prowler
Nikopol
OK so i made a thread in the off topic section of this forum, and it was about another computer game. and few days later with no reason what so ever, the thread is gone, deleted by MA´s moderators, or whatever you wonna call it. :confused:

Just like to point out, MA does not moderate this forum.
711 (Admin) is a player and the mods are other players who use the forums that are asked to moderate.

If you want to know why you thread was deleted, PM a moderator. It's easier than making a thread.

This is a forum for the game Planet Calypso. You are not allowed to promote other games here, and discussion of other games is only allowed if related to Entropia and/or Planet Calypso (such as saying you want feature X from game Y to be added to this game).

Just like to point out, MA does not moderate this forum.
711 (Admin) is a player and the mods are other players who use the forums that are asked to moderate.

If you want to know why you thread was deleted, PM a moderator. It's easier than making a thread.

I think they should have told me the minute they deleted and give me a reason. its should not have been nessecary to ask why.

This is a forum for the game Planet Calypso. You are not allowed to promote other games here, and discussion of other games is only allowed if related to Entropia and/or Planet Calypso (such as saying you want feature X from game Y to be added to this game).

its PCF yes, but they have a off topic section. if that section is not for off topic stuff then what is it for? and yes we were discussing features X from game Y to be added to this game.

You are not allowed to promote other games here,
The rules say you can't "actively recruit" to other games, but there is nothing about just discussing them. In fact, there are open threads about DIII and Secret World in the offtopic section. So unless OP's thread was like "To hell with EU, everybody come to ABC" it probably was ok :)

Check to see if it was moved to another area since you were talking about wanting features added from that game to EU.

The rules say you can't "actively recruit" to other games, but there is nothing about just discussing them. In fact, there are open threads about DIII and Secret World in the offtopic section. So unless OP's thread was like "To hell with EU, everybody come to ABC" it probably was ok :)

if I remember the thread was an active recruitment for the free to play DC Universe... which actually was quite nice since I logged in to there last night for the first time. (been interested in it for a long time since it came out but didn't go with it til now since it originally had a cost for the install disk and monthly subscription fee on top... now they did away with sub fee as well as the installation cd requirement, much like Star Wars the Old Republic will be doing in November of this year - which I mentioned in other thread - maybe mod was scared that there wouldn't be any competition for mayhem and owns a cld?...scared folks might go to other mmos? :) )

;)

Maybe it was in the wrong section? Wonder if mods shouldn't have just moved it to off topic instead of deleted all together? Can't remember which section it was in.

Last edited:
Thread deletion without any reasons?

There were reasons - the thread was against forum rules.

3.7 – Advertising/Recruiting
Advertising or attempts of recruiting community members to other computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Planet Calypso is NOT permitted. Any and all such, references, threads or posts, including, without limitation, those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures, may be deleted without notice and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

I think they should have told me the minute they deleted and give me a reason. its should not have been nessecary to ask why.

Members are expected to make themselves aware of the forum rules and adhere to them. Moderators are unpaid volunteers who have better things to do than run around informing people that they've either deliberately broken a forum rule, or couldn't be bothered to read the rules. This forum is not run by MA; it is run by the community, for the community. You are not a customer here, you're a member.

Since this thread also breaks forum rules (you should have contacted a member of staff, not posted a thread):

:locked:

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism

Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Forum Rules

Status
Back