Three ped Thursday

Gluepot

Elite
Society
Obsidian Order
Daina Gluepot Rendar
Due to "certain people" deciding to wage price wars, I've decided to do a "promotional period" myself.
From now until either I go broke or I decide to stop, you can get haircuts at my place (TI City Gold 8E) for 3 ped every Thursday.
Starts today! Swing on by :D

hehe :) YEY ur so kind Gluepot. I'll come by this thursday

cya there :) +rep

edit: I will take everyone in HE with me :) *hope so at least*

hmm... 3ped isnt that abit low ???
I still do 50ped.... who is running this war ???

50 kimmi ;) wow expansive

hmm... 3ped isnt that abit low ???
I still do 50ped.... who is running this war ???

LeeLoo Mountain.

All was fine and dandy. Many people were going to stylists charging 100 ped for haircuts and life was good. Then you came and started giving 50 ped haircuts, a 50% reduction in the cost and therefor a large reduction in the profit for a stylist. Then other people decided to start competing, saw that price wars were going on, and decided to do the same.
Now we have stylists charging what is usually the cost of materials for 1 attempt at 51% CoS per haircut. That puts more pressure on all stylists by not only decreasing profit, but eliminating it from the business, and adding loss of ped to every haircut given. The obvious goal of such low pricing is to get loyal customers so that stylist can then raise the prices later and still have customers coming back.
With all this going on I am getting fewer than 2 customers/month and decided to finally step up and add in my own bit to the price war. My price is still 50 ped for haircuts, however I am re-skilling so charging a reduced rate and on Thursdays giving haircuts out basically for free.
But it all started with you giving haircuts for 50% of the going rate, and now we are here in this pile of burning fecal matter.

Last edited:
Due to "certain people" deciding to wage price wars, I've decided to do a "promotional period" myself.
From now until either I go broke or I decide to stop, you can get haircuts at my place (TI City Gold 8E) for 3 ped every Thursday.

Nice ofter :wtg::wtg:

LeeLoo Mountain.

All was fine and dandy. Many people were going to stylists charging 100 ped for haircuts and life was good. Then you came and started giving 50 ped haircuts, a 50% reduction in the cost and therefor a large reduction in the profit for a stylist. Then other people decided to start competing, saw that price wars were going on, and decided to do the same.
Now we have stylists charging what is usually the cost of materials for 1 attempt at 51% CoS per haircut. That puts more pressure on all stylists by not only decreasing profit, but eliminating it from the business, and adding loss of ped to every haircut given. The obvious goal of such low pricing is to get loyal customers so that stylist can then raise the prices later and still have customers coming back.
With all this going on I am getting fewer than 2 customers/month and decided to finally step up and add in my own bit to the price war. My price is still 50 ped for haircuts, however I am re-skilling so charging a reduced rate and on Thursdays giving haircuts out basically for free.
But it all started with you giving haircuts for 50% of the going rate, and now we are here in this pile of burning fecal matter.

I dont understand why you suddenly are the Queen of beauty, and anyone not following your rules are wrong?

I dont understand why you suddenly are the Queen of beauty, and anyone not following your rules are wrong?

I never said that. But the problem is business in general. If all people in the business charge the same, then all is well. Once one person decides to undercut the others, then the price war begins and it runs down to a ridiculous level like it has now. Those aren't my rules, that is just what happens. I wanted to avoid it, but nobody listened. Ok Sorg listened, but thats about it.

First off all we need more high skilled stylist for sure.

I'm a mid-lvl stylist that is trying to get to lvl 30 with the minimal loss AND minimal profit because I see it as a SERVICE to the customers and it gives me skills.

Let me explain a bit here....
I'm clicking styles with 5 gels... let's say I payed them 350%... now that makes me clicking + decay for 2.455 ped/click. I usually need 1-3 clix to get the style, in very bad cases maeby 5 click... but those are rare. So I still have some profit at the end of the day that I use again to skill up.

Now if you dont get profit with 20 ped a style... then there is something terrible wrong. Not only do hairstylist, plastic surgery, genetics, and a lot of others play a big role in this but also a lot of other skills.

As I'm lvl 16 hairstylist now and using 5 gels/click my skill chain is lowering down also. So I need to make a choice.
1. Ask more peds for a cut.
2. Skill more.
I'm sure you know what my choice is ... yes skill more.

I have lots of customers and I will NOT let them down because they helped me getting this far as I am now in such a short time.

If you wanna ask 3 ped/style I'm ok with that for sure, but since you already loose with asking 20 ped/style... I cant imagine how much you will loose by asking 3 ped/style. So you will only hurt yourself in my opinion.

There will always be competition here like in RL.

Who knows... maeby somebody will click tomorrow for 5 ped everyday.

First off all we need more high skilled stylist for sure.

I'm a mid-lvl stylist that is trying to get to lvl 30 with the minimal loss AND minimal profit because I see it as a SERVICE to the customers and it gives me skills.

Let me explain a bit here....
I'm clicking styles with 5 gels... let's say I payed them 350%... now that makes me clicking + decay for 2.455 ped/click. I usually need 1-3 clix to get the style, in very bad cases maeby 5 click... but those are rare. So I still have some profit at the end of the day that I use again to skill up.

Now if you dont get profit with 20 ped a style... then there is something terrible wrong. Not only do hairstylist, plastic surgery, genetics, and a lot of others play a big role in this but also a lot of other skills.

As I'm lvl 16 hairstylist now and using 5 gels/click my skill chain is lowering down also. So I need to make a choice.
1. Ask more peds for a cut.
2. Skill more.
I'm sure you know what my choice is ... yes skill more.

I have lots of customers and I will NOT let them down because they helped me getting this far as I am now in such a short time.

If you wanna ask 3 ped/style I'm ok with that for sure, but since you already loose with asking 20 ped/style... I cant imagine how much you will loose by asking 3 ped/style. So you will only hurt yourself in my opinion.

There will always be competition here like in RL.

Who knows... maeby somebody will click tomorrow for 5 ped everyday.

Yea i do it for 5 ped 7 days a week ;)
like u said ,its the skills that counts NOT the profit.
its a GAME Not RL, LOL u are NOT meant to get rich here, dont forget that
if u want to get rich play the LOTTO.
:yay:

Go Daina Go Daina Go Daina Go :wtg: :yay: :yay: Kick their arses in the war! :D

Ill stop by one of these days ;)

Maybe a line is the answer...

Pilot Line, Hairstylist Line, Hunting Services Line, 100 Sweat to Anything Line, Project profiting Noob Line...

Grabs popcorn and watches. :silly2:

Pilot Line, Hairstylist Line, Hunting Services Line, 100 Sweat to Anything Line, Project profiting Noob Line...

:D LOL

well maybe, or kill the compete and stand solo in the end lol
hmm mayby i invest another 100k hmm

I wish it worked that way.....

Back