Tier Upgrading Service

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Crimson Devils
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Introduction

Ok, I know the tier upgrading system is kind of new, and many people would like to get there items upgraded, but don't want to take the risk of losing a second item (and may not even want to buy a second item).

That's where I come in. I'm willing to take the risk of losing an item (for a fee of course :p) Using math we can calculate the average cost of tiering an item, taking into account the chance of losing the second item and the cost of the materials. This is what you'll pay, plus a little bit extra because I am the one taking the risk.

How it's done

Ok.. interested? Have an item ready to be tiered up? PM me either on the forum or find me in game, with the item and ingredient list and I'll get back to you on the cost. If you're satisfied with the cost, we will then meet up in game, you'll trade me the item (I'll give collateral of course), and I'll attempt to tier the item up. If the tiering is successful, I trade you back the item for the collateral and the tiering fee. If it's not successful, I'll just trade you back the item for the collateral.

You have nothing to lose, other than the fee for a successful tiering :D

Some examples

Orefinder OF-105 to tier 1

53% COS, 98% salvage rate

Ingredients:
OreFinder OF-105 (1) TT+20
Animal Muscle Oil (274) 8.22 PED
Simple I Conductors (27) 8.1 PED
Pile of Garnets (1) 15 PED
Blazar Fragments (220) 154 PED (currently)
Tier I Component (109) 76 PED (currently)

Cost/attempt = ~261 PED
Assumed attempts = 2
Chance to lose item = (1.02^2)*100% = 4.04% * 20 PED = 0.8 PED
Total cost = 523 PED

NOTE:
Since I'm just starting and don't have an unlimited PED card, I would appreciate if the items that you want to be tiered aren't super expensive or rare (with a markup of less than 1K PED at this point please, this limit will be raised later though) because I will have to go out and buy the second item if I don't already have it.

I will eventually create a website with detailed information on ingredient lists for every item, chance of success and additional info, but this will take time, of course. I will also list items I already own for tiering up purposes, to make things easier.

Last edited:
how much to tier an opallo? :D

Opallo

140 Lysterium
105 Melchi
112 Blazar
56 tier 1 Components
Second Opalo

how much to tier an opallo? :D

Opallo

140 Lysterium
105 Melchi
112 Blazar
56 tier 1 Components
Second Opalo

Looks to be around 127 PED/try, so about 250 PED total.

I'd personally wait for the markup on blazars and tier 1 components to drop before upgrading small items such as this, since the advantage may not be worth it, but for items such as Foxtrot ME where the additional 8 range may count in PvP, the cost may.

I'm hoping the cost of blazars and components will be about half of what they are in a weeks time so that this service may reach a much larger crowd :D

the 8 range increase is worthless for PVP atm since draw distance limits

you dont see other avatars that far away anyway

(i dont away on a decent system) with tinkering a bit with the settings

so correct me if i am wrong

can use it for other options instead of range ofc

the 8 range increase is worthless for PVP atm since draw distance limits

you dont see other avatars that far away anyway

(i dont away on a decent system) with tinkering a bit with the settings

so correct me if i am wrong

can use it for other options instead of range ofc

draw distance for avatars is now the full range of the radar, and has always been with the use of a scope

I had a similar idea but don't feel PED-ready for the risks. So i sincerely wish you good luck!:thumbup:

Back