Question: To destroy L rings (for tt) or not!?

monte

Alpha
Society
AO
Marco Monte Montecalvo
To destroy L rings (for tt) or not!? That is the question..

Do we take the uni ammo or think about the release of an upgrade system or other use..
Will it happen?
How long will it take?

Could they be using this quick system to destroy a ton of L rings.. only to create a system that then allows us to upgrade with them?

:confused::confused:

Last edited:
I already destroyed what I can. 9 Rings (not full TT) and pills are awaiting....if there will be future for them :laugh:

I already destroyed what I can. 9 Rings (not full TT) and pills are awaiting....if there will be future for them :laugh:

hehe I already pulled mine out of storage.. I have 74 rings that I can do it with... 45 rings that I can't!! (not full tt)

FIX THAT RULE MA!!

I had not so big amount. Was only 16 rings which I destroed.

Very strange that they are only allowing it with full TT rings.

Can anyone put some reasoning behind this?

I think it's a limitation of the system as a legacy of past development.

Previously, as far as I can recall, the only refinable non-stackable items have been unlimited items refined for purposes of upgrading (5b plates, EK-2350 FAPs, etc) and they've needed to be fully repaired before refining in order to have the same TT as the item that results from the refining process.

So the system checks the TT of the item placed in the refiner window, and if it's below maximum TT it gives an error message ("Item must be fully repaired before refining", or similar).

It looks like MA haven't bothered to program anything new to accommodate lower TT items, this being the first time an item has been refinable but unrepairable. The real question is whether they intend to do so in the future.

Basically just a half-assed job without any attention to detail, as usual.

Think as a Mindark..

Still gotta whip the tears of the crybabies... now onto the next move, reduce the somewhat bound to your avatar TT available. (as ring were promised a "feature")

If you had to estimate your profit you need to know how much over all can be paid back (ie: total ped available in TT + overall PED value potentially donated in loot) ,with universal ammo worth 0 ped (personal experience with universal ammo converted in big ammount the return is under 75%) unless you hunt AND NOW MINE you get a share of the potential loot, i believe, this should help their plan of reducing the total available PED ammount ingame, hence increasing their secured $$ gained.

Yes, Mindark only wins when the ammount of ped available to withdraw is reduced, less ped available ingame IS their straight profit!

This new feature serve nothing but your own hope (converting whatever has 10 TT, lets forget aeglic and hermetic) that will anyway for 98% of us be fooled to their profit.

More than likely to be able to use simple coding instead of coding the full array of 0.1 to 9.9 TT

If user wants to TT ring then replace ring with 10ped
If ring < 10 ped fail operation

Note* the above is not real coding, its just a example written in Perv++ language

Great input so far..

Could they be using this quick system to destroy a ton of L rings.. only to create a system that then allows us to upgrade with them?

Great input so far..

They implemented it because people slammed them with support cases whining they had rings locked up with great quantity and I dont blame them. Not really half assed, it was a low hanging fruit task they could accommodate quickly. Amongst the other things they are working on (whether you agree with the priority or not).

Not everything needs to be followed up by bitching and slamming mindark.

Whether you smash the rings or not are up to you. I don't see any reason to destroy the rings right now unless you are quitting and want to cash out now

I would rather have the ability to throw neuro Y pills in the refiner for ammo than rings. I'll never use the pills but the rings will likely have purpose whether through upgrades or when they activate decay

When I first saw the discussion on this I thought it was to keep people from refining rings that had been used. They might have thought that someone who got a benefit from a ring and replaced it with a better should not get to convert to ammo. The easiest way to do that would be to exclude rings that had decayed to less than full TT.

But the person who coded this didn't know that someone else had allowed the strong box to give rings that already had less than full TT.

Oleg's answer has at least the same chance of being right as my guess.

Back