To improve melee

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
I think that one way to improve melee that would be fun would be to add unlockable special attacks! :D

Can't be THAT hard to program? ;) heh, I have no idea :)

Those would be unlockable at certain profession levels and work a bit like normal skills :)

Could use different key-stroke combinations (should be easier w. CE2)...

Some ideas below:

Jump Attack
Buttons: Attack Button while jumping
Gives: Higher Damage, lower hit rating, better defense while attacking

Precision Strike
Buttons: Forward + Hold Attack Button
Gives: Lower Damage, higher hit rating

Double Attack
Buttons: Double Click Attack Button
Gives: Hits twice in a row, but has longer reload speed after that

Power Attack
Buttons: Strafe Button + Attack Button
Gives: Extra damage and high hit rating, slow reload after

Block
Buttons: Right Mouse Button (dunno if this is used already in some control settings?)
Gives: Slight chance to block an enemy melee attack

etc :) other ideas?

MysterLV mentioned that we might need melee amps before adding stuff like this (see post no. 2 of this thread) so I have an idea of a damage-adding amp that would make sense for both energy and non-energy melee weapons:

An amp that is put at the base of the weapon, coating the blade in an energy "shell", which adds damage :)

Last edited:
this is for FAR FAR future :)

at start we need melee amps and other attachments with skill mod like ranged weaps have. :)

I would love to be able to kick, even if one had to buy some kind of "kickable-footguard" kinda like the fighting gloves to be able to throw punches...I see a combo here with the jump option & kick...yea that´s a dropkick right there...more kung fu to the ppl! :ninja:

dropkick_fin-sfw-712209.jpg

Last edited:
These would make melee look better too, with different sorts of attacks.

I love the idea and I do agree that amps and other attachments first. Amps for melee could be just adding electric damage to melee weapons, this would make sense for both powered and conventional melee weapons.

As for skill mod attachment, some high tech sword/club/fist weight balancer and/or antigrav weight reducer might explain the skill modification, as the weapon would be easier to handle.

Just my 2 pecs. :)

This is a refreshing idea, more interaction in hunting would definitely liven the game up.

However, I do feel implementation of melee amps would go a long way too :D

Nice sugestions indeed. only thing is that it would boost melee alot to be able to block ang have special attacks :p

But atleast for the block I think it would be something Weapons hunters would want too be able to do aswell ^^

maybe add them as different skills from the skillbook rather than "W+left mousbutton" would be one attack :p

controlls are weird enough as they are hehe =)

maybe add them as different skills from the skillbook rather than "W+left mousbutton" would be one attack :p

controlls are weird enough as they are hehe =)

yeah but you have to be able to decide which attack to do, and when, somehow, so... ;)

Would be fun to have these kind of moves in eu yes, but it will most likely never ever happen as MA's system aint built to facilitate different abilities with weapons. And it would also mean a lot of more balancing to be done.

Back