Trading as a profession

Bethany

Hi All

I'm still very new to the game and was looking into trading as a profession, what kind of things do I need to research, tools to have, mods to have? I'm willing to do the work I'm just looking for some tips to avoid pitfalls and minimise loses. Are there any good mods out there I should use? Should I just try and use spreadsheets for everything? Do I try and focus on just one part of the market or one or 2 items like do all animal oils or just certain ones same with ores and enmaters? Is it better to sell on ah or chat or both?
Thank you for your time
Bethany

You need cash, a few ped is enough to get started, but the more, the easier.

Pitfalls:

1. Trusting strangers
2. Trusting market history

I'd advice you to play the game a bit and learn it before going into trading. You need to learn the markets.

If you want to get into trading right away, start with sweat and calypso bone samples. I'm not telling you what prices to buy and sell at though, that's your job to find out.

I dont know how much money you have to spent. But my advice is to keep it simple. Try to buy 1 thing, like thin wool or daikibawool on the street. Try to get it for 2/3% less then it sells in the auction. Ask ppl around if they have some left in their storages. Talk to people, make them save it for you. Some even give it for tt.
If it works out, you can add a second trade goodie to your list. You will learn as you trade about trade. Before you know you are a big reseller and can play for free or make some profit. Gl

Trading in this game boils down to 2 things.

* Having peds

* Knowledge of how to play the game ( hunting,mining,crafting )

Peds are good to have because then you can seize an oportunity once it arises, when everyone else have their butt full of hunting during an event and having to sell their looted L guns directly to keep going, thats where your ped stack can be of service ( just an example ).

Many people play this game with day to day horizon, they sometimes want to avoid doing a depo, so they sell gear instead, and since the urge to keep playing is so strong, if they dont want to depo, they will sell you their items alot cheaper than they would in a normal situation.

If you know how the game works, how to play etc, you are better equipped to determine what items have a potential to rise in relation to what their MU is atm. etc etc

Im a pretty good trader, i seem to have an eye for it. Problem is i find it extremely booring, therefore i only trade to fund my gameplay, to have fun so to speak.

Good Luck!

I with you buddy! I make my PEDs off of sweat trading on Arkadia (although Calypso is way better for trading). I enjoy it as there is the occasional high sell or low buy. Plus I meet people, learn things and every so often stumble upon a job opportunity. I'd travel back to Calypso if my biggest buyer (my mentor) was willing to come back with me.

Research. research research.

Try it out at low value items like natural stones and fruits.

Then go for easy selling items (.5b platings, a101,a102,a103,a104, beast) to increase your turnover and therefore profits.
OR collect low level armors for almost tt price and sell as sets (pixie sets etc, can very often bought for 30% of the real price in twin peaks)

Ahh and stay away from clothing, as some older traders will try to screw you over and dump bunch of clothing on you. (even paying 50% of the price will usually give you loss)

Learn to know when you've worn out your welcome on the local channel with incessant shouting that you're buying for obnoxiously low %.

Look at commonly crafted items and sell their ingredients in lots that are appetizing to the crafters.

Example,

Simple I Conductors need 2 Animal Eye Oils and 20 Muscle Oils for 1 click. Buy those as cheap as possible (hint: buy in bulk) and break them into lots of 200 eye oils and 2000 muscle, sell at auction.

Another piece of advice, don't hang on to E.L.M. gear and wait for the MU to go up, Mind Ark may need to do another "Server Stress Test".

Back