Question: Treasure Island - Where Did The Treasure All Go?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
On 17 December 2004 a 22 year old gamer buys a whole island in Entropia for the huge sum of $26,500.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4104731.stm

On 1 December 2021, a considerable number of gamers buy a whole island in Entropia for the enormous sum of $800,000

Whatever thoughts you wish to put to this topic. 👍

Your thoughts being?

I only know that sometime in between those dates given by you, the owner and brains behind this game, Mr Timkrants, bought what was at the time the second or third most expensive real estate ever sold in Sweden. I don't remember exactly where in Gothenburg but it was in the most uberposh district. So that's where your money was going at the time, nvm Treasure Island or whatever EU property we're talking about.

All good for him to buy that estate but considering every other person on that list (full of the most very exclusive properties) were company execs of multimillion corporations.....well, perhaps Mindarks owners stretched themselves a wee bit too much. And we're still footing the bill....

my thought are: MA has a lot of cows they know they can milk time and time again. MA is happy to do the milking , cows are happy as they like to be milked - in the end one of them goes to the slaughter house - and they wont be so happy anymore.

ohh and wasn't there like a 90K ath on bristle hogs when that all happened too? just one of those MA coincidences (i could be wrong here but i thought it was on one of the LA there) - nice little kick back huh

The real take-away is how £13 700 used to get you $26 500 😭

Back