Tutorial: Key Mapping

Status

Dante

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Dante "Ghost" Bleach
Tutorial: Icons & Key Mapping New Interface

Ok so first thing I noticed when I came online was everyone NOT being able to use the new interface as they wish. Not being able to move stuff around and add weapons, items and action to their quickbars.

So here's how to do it (including pictures and explanation).
If you ahve any questions or suggestions, found any errors or whatever you liek to say please tell me and i'll fix or answer it.

First thing you do (to make everything easy and understandable, also much more customizable options) is enable the avanced action set mode:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

When you've done this you can press the white arrow as showed in the next picture to expand the "menu":

We will need this menu later on to customize everything to our needs.
Next thing we do and ALWAYS have to when you want to edit your GUI (Graphical User Interface) is opening the edit menu/panel (You can do this by pressing the edit button or hit "L" on your keyboard). This is the edit menu/panel:
There are a few buttons in this panel, the most important one is the keyboard mapping button, which we will use alot to customize and get our keys bound to the right action.

Now we get to the real work, open the key mapping window, your inventory and the actionbuttons ("X").
See explanation at the numbers below:

1. To bind an action or a weapon to a key simply drag it onto the keyboard mapping number you want to have it. I put my opalo on number 1. When I press number 1 I equip my opalo.

2. To get an icon just as the normal quickbar was before on your screen again, simply drag it from the keyboard mapping to somewhere you like on your screen.

3. You can also directly drop actions/items onto your screen, these will not be bound to a key on your keyboard. These icons are clickable, when you click them you equip it or use it.

4. These numbers are the action sets. When you click a number it activates that set, the number becomes red (1 is activated here). All non active icons will become grey like 5. You can also click the "0" infront of the numbers, this toggles between hide/show on your screen.

5. These icons are on a different actionset than the current active one. (in the screenshot these are on actionset 9) If you click on actionset 9 you are able to edit these.

next step:

1. As you can see I activated actionset 9 by clicking it, the keyboard mapping automatically switches to the active set and updates the map accordingly.

2. These icons were directly dropped from my inventory, as you can see on the keyboard map, they are not bound to a key. I have to click these to equip them. These icons are active because I added them in actionset 9.

3. These icons are in actionset 1 and therefor are gray and locked. To edit them switch back to actionset 1.

4. These icons are in the global actionset which is indicated by the "*" in the actionset list. Click * to edit these.

5. I also directly dropped these onto my screen from the actions menu.

Here's an example on how to edit the global, always applied settings.

1. Simply click the * to switch to the global mapping of the keys. Here you can edit the main controls and customise it a bit.

2. As you can see these icons are part of the global mapping. (I moved these down to where they originally were before the update and customised it a bit (these icons are at the top right of your screeen when you first entered the new VU).

Now lets see how it all works, exit edit mode and see what happened.

As you can see I turned actionset 9 on and set it as active. I turned actionset 1 off, it is invisible and not usable.

On this picture I turned actionset 1 on and set it as active, as you can see the keyboar map for actionset 1 is loaded and bound to my 1,2,3 etc.
actionset9 is left on too, since these have no bound keys I click them when I need them.

Basic usage:
- Deleting Icons:
Simply drag the icon you wish to delete to the trash can in the edit window/panel.
- Moving and Sorting Icons:
You can split, move and select icons in edit mode. Whn you select the first icon of a row and move it, the whole row will move with it. When you select the second of a row and move it, it will cut off the first one and move all the ones behind the second with it. This will allow you to place individual icons or full rows at a time.
You can simply drag an icon close to another to make them form a row, they are attached to eachother untile you split them up by doing so as explained above.

I hope I informed you enough with this, if you have any questions, suggestions or other things you like to say feel free to post/PM/rep me.
I will fix errors asap. Please tell me if you find any.

Status
Back