TWEN ITEMS

ProActive Mango

Stalker
Funny how almost all TWEN items ends up in resellers pockets and they set crazy high prices... have MA even tought about this bottleneck problem?
I would like to see way more drops in the TWEN event to balance out all the resellers bottlenecking the market to manipulate the prices to the extreme.
Game is no longer for the playing player but the traders upping the prices to make a quick dollar.

Fun game.

it's not MA's interest that ppl deposit peds to buy overpriced items to resellers,
and resellers to sit on this money as pure peds or items,
they want ppl to cycle, to turnover, to decay, to 90 +/- tt return,
so, imho, mid or long term, items will rain.

Funny how almost all TWEN items ends up in resellers pockets and they set crazy high prices... have MA even tought about this bottleneck problem?

I think there is a flaw in thinking here. Resellers endimh up with items and setting prices have nothing to do with MA and everything to do with the players.

The reason "resellers" end up with items is either because they have PED on hand and the people selling are in a hurry to sell, or it is because they have a better grasp on item economy than most players and thus know how much they can spend on an item and still profit on a sale down the line.

Resellers exist because people "want" their services. Resellers aren't bottlenecking the market. Players using resellers are

Resellers exist because people "want" their services
They exist only because extremely bad players with very very low information, bankroll, patience, morale, extreme bad decisions in the past, bad networking etc etc etc.
I don't know any good story in this game of a player who ever involved a reseller.
What they do , you can do, there are 0 reasons to let go your good in hands of another player who does the same thing.

So when scammers call thousands and thousands of people, all it takes, is fora couple of grandmas and grandads to fall for the trap, and empty their bank accounts. And some of these resellers, this is what they are. Just scammers and "auction peddlers" thinking they are smart.

I would be shanked and stabbed for saying that most resellers sadly have the collective IQ of a tub of jello. Where they should buy low, and sell reasonably, they buy for free, and reseller for astronomical values. Hence the first opening sentance. The reason we have very ingrained memes of:

BEYXrYJ.png

When it comes to actuall items, sadly resellers will act like this and just detach themselves largely from the plane of reality. and my best so far was someone trying to sell a 54/200 TIR MK2 at tier 5, for 5k to my diciple... Who did have 0 clues and almost ended up buying it.

They exist only because extremely bad players with very very low information, bankroll, patience, morale, extreme bad decisions in the past, bad networking etc etc etc.
I don't know any good story in this game of a player who ever involved a reseller.
What they do , you can do, there are 0 reasons to let go your good in hands of another player who does the same thing.

Lets not ignore the fact that many of them activly stroll through the wiki, and on purpose edit items and remove information and alter information so that items they may be trying to sell appear not what they are, its not only hunters doing this to hide shit for moron reasons.

And lets also not just go on and ignore the part where they have paid others to also give out wrong info about items, to aid their shitty cause. The problem is not just bad players, as it can catch someoen sleeping of guard. Especially since for most people doing what you call "fuck around and find out" is not always an option, so attempting to rely on people with money who can "FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT" Suddenly also becomes a bit of a .. "can we trust this" info it is a problem.

We can blanket it as "bad players" but, for the utmost of the populus of the game, we can't afford your levels of fuck around and find out, we have to thread around this soup as if it was a ICBM minefield. Fuck around and find out for most people is "Fuck around and you will fucking die anyways lmao" sadly :p

Still not a mindark issue, though. So we can just loathe on the scumbags (not all resellers are thank god.) and hope that people stop buying from those who are bad.

[Moderated: removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
there are way to many unl weapons .
the casual player should use L guns not unl.
L guns used to be a good generator of MU .
improve MU not eff , make the L guns able to loose less or even break even outside mayhems.
also adjust turnover for reaching a decent tt return.

EU always has been like this.
Those with more money than brain, buy everything new at overrated prices and then try to resell at even more overrated prices.

Have more cash at hand than they have and make better offers to those looting the items, and you will get the new items for yourself.
Easy as this.
If you are not willing to outbid a reseller in the initial sale, when the looter wants to make some fast PEDs, its not the fault of the reseller that he owns this item now, its your fault as you did not outbid him.
Thats how it works.

I think the problem is on both ends of the spectrum. I made a new friend recently who is a fairly new player. And he does well off IRL so has money to burn, nothing wrong with that. He had a very lax, casual mentor, who didn't really impart that much wisdom to my new friend. So he ended up spending a lot of money on stuff he didn't need at his level of play, thankfully the prices he paid were fair market but it could have gone so bad.

This game is extremely complicated, and even someone with a good working knowledge of the game can have difficulties working out the true value of an item. And when rare items drop like this, where it is random, and it goes into the hands of someone who doesn't know much, or who isn't well off financially, they are going to get quick cash offers by traders and sell then and there. I had another friend who got a cloak drop from Halloween Mayhem. I wasn't on when he got it, but his character was female so he couldn't use it since it dropped a male version. He sold it before I logged in and when I found out I was upset. A, I wanted the cloak, B. He sold it for way less than he could have sold it for, because he was low on PED and wanted to keep playing. If I had been on, I wouldn't have been able to purchase it anyways because I didn't have the PED on hand to buy it, but I could have counseled him on the price he could have gotten for it, the one a reseller ended up getting.

[Moderated: Removed reply to deleted post]

but really, traders are good and bad.

imo good for smaller players that cant effort holding everything and waiting they have enough to put on auc to hope for a sale. lower markup for player but a sure sell without fee.

bad for big ticket / high MU items. but then alot of people dont want to wait 3-6 months for maybe a sale. again lower markup for player and risk goes to trader. if someone buys from trader he's happy with the price he bought else he shouldnt have bought it.

sadly the first kind of trader seem to be pretty rare nowadays.

Sparking Unity, TWEN Edition. Item discovered in Moloch Depths Master
Glinting Unity, TWEN Edition either Jellyworm or Old Jack

If someone can confirm I'll edit.

Also if MA can confirm these are normal TWEN drops or Planet Specific drops?

Last edited:
Sparking Unity, TWEN Edition. Item discovered in Moloch Depths Master
Glinting Unity, TWEN Edition either Jellyworm or Old Jack

If someone can confirm I'll edit.

Rumor has it it was mech boss for the glinting. That is third hand info though.

Rumor has it it was mech boss for the glinting. That is third hand info though.
27p tt on the gun, no root mech killed at 19:46. Definitely possible to not be a global still.

Back