Two thoughts about VU 10.1

Johned

Elite
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Zarcon "Zar" Greyman
On 9-17 Marco posted on Entropia Gateway that we will see VU 10.1 on October 6th and that the VU will be split and that MF teleport will be in the first batch.

7 days later Support informed me that apartments would be implemented in 10.1

2009-09-24 16:42 Entropia Universe Support:

... until the apartments are implemented in VU 10.1.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I am not sure what other remaining parts that were scheduled for VU 10.1 will be - but these two items both make me wonder:

I am hoping that MA will give those of us that had an implant a 1 use inserter so we can put it back in - or automatically put it back in as part of the update? I know the decay to insert is only a few ped, but I am hoping MA don't make us pay to reinsert our implants.

Also, has anyone seen any info on if apartment rent will be on hold while we could not use them? I did a search, but it was not fruitful. I am hoping that our due dates are extended for the time we could not use them.

Two very good questions. I am willing to bet we eat the cost of reinserting implants.

Easy solution. Payn Inc Implant Inserter (L) tt value 2.25PED.

But there's no way MA knows how many chips were already implanted and which were just in inventory and storage. Think about shop owners that sell these.

hm..
with new VU I can only remember about this

The Implant you tryed to Insert is currently in use and cannot be acessed!
(...)

I think you got my point
and yeah I believe we will be oblied to pay for the decay

I can not remember how it used to show in the "my items list" but clearly the system used to know that implants were, well, implanted.

The new DB must have the ability to know implants are inserted too.

SO if MA do it right, when the relevant VU comes along the implants should be re-implanted, automatically.

IF not there will be cries of "Profiteering" from one end of calipso to the other. 100,000 active implant owners (or however many) suddenly forced to pay 2 ped decay, and a nice profit of $20,000 (or however much) to MA in one hit will not look good in a public relations sort of way...

Those are two very importand questions.

I really do think MA needs to have our implants placed back (they have data that can tell who had implants before the VU10 i don't doubt that)

*PLUS my father is a computer programmer (retired just last year) and know that data or Reacords, are stored and before anyone (companies exspecially) updating to a new version of any program(s) that they make a back of all data for security purposes - because they never know if it will fail and they need the original data or records.
so I have no doubt that MA knows who had the impants inserted into their heads :)

But there's no way MA knows how many chips were already implanted and which were just in inventory and storage. Think about shop owners that sell these.

I can not remember how it used to show in the "my items list" but clearly the system used to know that implants were, well, implanted.

As Dorsai states, there IS a way for them to know if the implant was equipped or not when the servers were shut down. MA's (FPC's) logs should show whether the implant was equipped or not at the time. Easy fix, if it was equipped, when mindforce is reinitialized, re-equip them. Simple.

Changes are made for the better ( its for ma not u)

if i have to pay to put it back in .... :scratch2:

i just dont know how i would respond but it surely would not be this

--> :yay:

Back