ultimababe's diary

ultimababe

Elite
Society
Peaceful Torture
?????????????
Last night was the best night on PE to date... I deposited 197ped and got back 400+ by the end of the night.

Lately, I've been skilling even harder than usual... I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Likely.. there are alot of theories about how to earn money in this game, I think it's all pish and nonsense :D It's gotta be skill based.

Anyhoo... my hair is a bloody mess! I have naturally blonde hair, but seeing as I've been a goth for about 13/14 years, it has been repeatedly dyed black.

A while back I tried bleaching it back to blonde, my hair took on a consistency rather much like chewing gum :duh: and it has turned a yucky reddish brown colour (so I gave it a rest)... it's 6 months later now and my roots have came through and everything :eek: I'll post a pic after I have my bath (I really hum right now)

I'm also gonna ask your opinion (which you can reply by PM :D ) .....

right bath.... :wave:

Oh sod it! I cant be bothered taking a photo.. and I've made up my mind anyway. I'm colouring my hair red... I'll post the result after I do it :laugh:
----------------------

Tonight, I'm going to try my luck again with the corns, maybe MindArk will be top blokes and give me an uber!!! Then again, maybe MindArk will do what they usually do and give me wool :banghead: :confused:

Hunting has been great for a while but alas.. my lucky streak seems to be gone :(

I'm down about 300 ped and not happy about it.

Tonight! Tonight, I shall be bombing the hell outta Calypso to see if I can earn back some peds. :wise:

annnnd if that doesnt work you can find me sitting at Ithaca sobbing my heart out threatening to start sweating a Trox :D

At Work

Nnnghh :confused:
*SIGH* ... sometimes it's best for people to 'leave the machine ALONE!' :cussing:
Give them calculators and a pen n paper instead.... :)

====================

I'm getting increasingly aggitated as the day goes on.. :confused:
Uh oh... looks like ulti's going to go off at someone :D

I think I just need a good night's sleep actually.. I often deprive myself of a full night's sleep.... dunno why though, just makes me a cranky bitch :tongue2:

===================

I'm reading a book just now. It's called 'The Otherworld' by some dude... cant remember his name now (at least remembered it's a *he*... I have the attention span of a Gnat with rabies right now - sorry) and it's like holy fritters!! It's alot like Project Entropia - only it's based in VR (Proper VR environment - not this sit down at a monitor pish)

You should read it sometime... I think you'll like it

====================

YAY!! Some great news... Liquorice (my pet snake) is finally eating fully grown mice hehehe...
It's interesting to watch.
I remember her 1st live mouse... man that was fun.
You see all these documentaries showing you a constrictor snake hunting, killing and eating it's prey but nothing can prepare for watching the event real time.

Snakes strike with impressive speed.... so fast and so exact. Then they throw the coils around the prey and constrict... wow! Watching the pure strength of her is jaw dropping stuff.
It's all over pretty quickly... if I were to describe her killing methods I would say it's quick and clinical... aint much time for suffereing there

==================

Blegh... back to being bored :/

I quit smoking about 3 weeks ago.... just noticed today how much healthier I feel :)

I havent had any sneaky ciggies.. and I went cold turkey (no patches to help stop just pure will power) :clap:

I am however rather crabbit ---> :cussing: hehehe

Ah well, I guess that's to be expected ;)

********** update on the colour of my hair **********

As mentioned before I have been buggering about with my hair.

My natural hair colour is Dark Blonde... but I want to try out the peroxide look ;) At the moment my hair colour is very pale yellow/yellow (takes time to bleach jet black hair hehehe)

I'll post the stages in photos tonight.. from black to the current colour just now :laugh:

** ADSL Update **

Oh well guess what... the ADSL line came back on for 4 days (Tues, Wed, Thur + Fri) and went back off again on Saturday.. uhmmmm yeah.. great :mad:

During these 4 days however.. 8GB was happily leeched :cool:

Maybe they cut me off because of the amount of leeching on my account :confused: .... naaah hehehe ;)

--

Anyway.. once again I'm waiting for these bastards to get their fingers out their asses and FIX MY DAMNED LINE!!!!! :cussing:

Oh......dear :confused:

I've reached the end of my bleaching frenzy.. the hair is now a nice blonde colour but erm... :confused: whoopsee .. some of my hair started (EWW) melting off at the ends *OMFG*!

I think it's time to give it a rest hehe.. fortunately my hair is still pretty much the same length so I dont need to get it all cut off and start again (Phew..)

********** ADSL update **********

The ADSL line is repaired! :clap:

BT (British Telecom) called round the house the other day to have another look at the line..

He hooked up his laptop and his modem to the master socket... uhhh

Now this is the same engineer that came out the last time.... he said "Oh... that's strange... there is no signal here at all" :rolleyes: I then informed him rather loudly that he shouldn't be too shocked by this as the line has been F*CKED for over 2.5 *months*!!!!! :cussing:

He asked me if I'd like to accompany him to the telephone exchange... I replied by grabbing the house keys and marching out the door after him...

Soooo, went to the exchange and the manager in there took me around explaining everything to me and how they worked etc etc... (perfect field trip for a geeky girl ;) )

Eventually they discovered the fault.... a faulty broadband card at NTL's termination side.

After performing a "lift + shift" (moving me onto another broadband card) on the software and hardware side ... guess what?

And it's about bloody time too!

I think they were a little miffed when I declined to offer my thanks.... :tapfinger

ANYWAY............. looks like me n w0lfie'll be back in PE tonight!

(hopes for a HoF :tongue2: )

Awww... my work colleague has just pasted me this link saying teh r0x0r

Isnt that fab n cute? WANT ONE!! :D

Bloody well pointless

I woke up this morning and wandered off to my work. I have a 2 hour journey there n back... I arrived at work only to find that I'm not on shift until Friday (we're on Tuesday) :cussing: *sigh*..

Ah well... at least I didnt leave my flat key at home :) ... oh wait...... I DID! :mad:

crap crap crap and Über crap... :dunce:

**Depressing Post Alert**

To date...

Yay, my hair has stopped snapping off.. and even looks *slightly* healthier than it did back when I first nerfed it.

I really need to get it coloured though. It is a messy mish mash of colours :confused: (yeah.. what's new? heh).

Grabbed a small global in game the other week. Not too chuffed with the amount of money put in and the length of gameplay time I've received back for it (grr). I am *not* impressed... think I'll be giving it a rest and will see what the new VU brings heh.

Oh.. btw, I'm open to suggestions for a new hair colour :D (pm me to see YOUR colour on MY hair <I should go into advertising eh?> )

Ahhh.. here's the depressing bit.

It's been a few days now since I found out my Nana's been diag'd with asbestos related cancer. I knew she had it a couple of months ago, but the doctors thought it was lung cancer and that she'd have a great success rate.. well turns out it's not and also turns out it cant be cured.. not even chemo will help. I havent had the guts to ask her how long... I'm scared of the answer

She adopted me when I was less than a year old and I lived with her until I was 21 so I'll always think of her as my mum and it's gonna be rough... so, if I get a lil shitty with people I am truly sorry - I really dont mean to offend, please forgive me.

Let me educate you...

Hacker: Highly skilled programmer

The positive usage of hacker is one who knows a (sometimes specified) set of programming interfaces well enough to write software rapidly and expertly. This type of hacker is well-respected, although the term still carries some of the meaning of hack, developing programs without adequate planning. This zugzwang gives freedom and the ability to be creative against methodical careful progress. At their best, hackers can be very productive. The technical downside of hacker productivity is often in maintainability, documentation, and completion. Very talented hackers may become bored with a project once they have figured out all of the hard parts, and be unwilling to finish off the "details". This attitude can cause friction in environments where other programmers are expected to pick up the half finished work, decipher the structures and ideas, and bullet-proof the code. In other cases, where a hacker is willing to maintain their own code, a company may be unable to find anyone else who is capable or willing to dig through code to maintain the program if the original programmer moves on to a new job.

Additionally, there is sometimes a social downside associated with hacking. The stereotype of a hacker as having gained technical ability at a cost in social ability may have an uncomfortable amount of factual foundation in many individuals. While not universal, nor even restricted to hackers, the obsessive/compulsive nature, difficulty in relating to other individuals, and often abrasive personalities of some hackers makes some of them difficult to work with or to organize into teams. Some within the hacker community have speculated that some mild form of autism might be involved in the case of some hackers. In one more pronounced example of such, Bram Cohen, developer of BitTorrent, has been diagnosed as having Asperger's syndrome. However, no formal studies of autistic tendencies in hackers have been done.

Hacker: Hardware modifier

Another type of hacker is one who creates novel hardware modifications. At the most basic end of this spectrum are those who make frequent changes the hardware in their computers using standard components, or make semi-cosmetic themed modifications to the appearance of the machine. This type of Hacker basically modifes his/her computer for performance needs and/or attractiveness. These changes often include adding memory, storage or LED's and cathode ray tubes for light effects. These people often show off their talents in contests, and many enjoy LAN Parties. At the more advanced end of the hardware hackers are those who modify hardware (not limited to computers) to expand capabilities; this group blurs into the culture of hobbyist inventors and professional electronics engineering. An example of such modification includes the addition of TCP/IP Internet capabilities to a number of vending machines and Coffee makers during the late 1980's and early 1990's.

Famous Hackers...

A little bit more..

The hacker culture is the voluntary subculture which first developed in the 1960s among hackers working on early minicomputers in academic computer science environments. After 1969 it fused with the technical culture of the pioneers of the Internet, after 1980 with the culture of Unix, and after 1987 with elements of the early microcomputer hobbyists. Since the mid-1990s the hacker culture has been almost coincident with what is now called the open source movement.

There is another subculture that refers to itself as the hacker culture. It is found in what is often referred to as the computer underground. There are many overlaps in ideas and members, however this article is exclusively about the non-underground hacker culture. Members of this culture have a tendency to look down and disassociate from the overlaps in the two cultures. Many refer to people in the other culture as crackers or black hat hackers. Neither of those terms are much used or taken seriously outside of the influence of this hacker culture and by some members of the computer security industry. The underground hacker culture tends not to distinguish between the two cultures as harshly, instead realizing that they have much in common including many members, political and social ideologies, and a love of learning about technology. The article that follows is written purely about the disassociated hacker culture.

................ oh look, Academics were hackers ;)

I'm finished now. Thanks for listening.

New pics

I took some new pics the other day .. not the best of quality.. but I havent bothered to touch them up or anything :D

Just raw image.. no tweaks or fancy bits (erk) :laugh:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

SarahMichelle3.jpg

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I have just had what felt like the longest week at work :rolleyes:

40 hours crammed into 4 days.. with 2 hours travel time each day :(

I'm so tired... think I'll get rat arsed tonight ;)

mmm yup :wise:

I really need a new job *sigh* 2 years of this crap is really starting to tell on me now..

If anyone in UK wants to employ a techy chick please pm me :rolleyes:

Will accept PEDs :D

-------------------------

:zzz:

I am officially single again. It's the weirdest feeling ever...

Should I buy new shoes? :confused:

Now listening to: Fluke - Snapshot
---
Well, it looks like Spring is finally here in Scotland. I woke up with blinding sun in my eyes today - which was nice, but certainly not expected. I love the effect sunshine has on the brain.
---
I never did buy those shoes. I think instead I'll blow the cash on a rockin' night on the tiles with my sister :cool:
---
So I just finished my coffee and choc biscuit. Evidently some of my biscuit broke off when I was dunking it in my coffee (eww?) :confused: It's just not the *same*... erggh I feel violated.
---
Started playing PE the other day again. Wow.. how it has changed hehe. It's sure been a while and everything looks totally different in towns. Not sure I like it but I'm sure I will get used to it.

Now listening to: Disturbed - Forsaken

Currently getting drunk on: Absinthe

Well well well... hangover tomorrow for teh Ultima :D

Now listening to: HIM - Join Me

Currently getting drunk on: Cherry Lambrini + Blossom Hill: California Red and 1 or 2 shots of black absinthe

I didnt get a hangover today (yay me!! =D) so I'm working on getting one tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be visiting my sister for a night out in the town... this should be intereting :rofl: I havent been on girl's night out for a while now .. gawd only knows :eek:

I will let you know the outcome tomorrow :silly2: ... ehhh (maybe ;) )

Oop! I'm back lol...!!

I returned to PE in the last month but I've been a wee bit busy in the RL with Xmas, New Year and also *possibly (almost 100%)* a new job. :)

I just returned from London where I was at a job interview for Cabin Crew. It looks like I've been selected for a position :wtg:
----

Accepting the job means I will need to move to somewhere around London Luton I guess ... scary shit - I hate change :scared: lol!

SOOOO... anyone living in the Bedford -> Wellingborough area is more than welcome to look me up for a few drinks :beerchug:.... (please!!!1 :laugh:)

So like oh noes... I start my Cabin Crew training on 19th March and will be living in Luton for easy access to the airport :D

I doubt very much that I'll be on EU for the duration of my training. I might manage to sneak a cheeky visit to EF at night from my hotel room though :p

A bit disappointed that I wont be able to compete in the WoF event with the rest of Entropia's Scottish wildcats, but meh... I'm sure they'll do SEWper without my nab ass tagging along, dying all over the place.

Oh btw MINDARK... I wouldn't mind netting a wee uber before I go... so how about it? No? surekk... :(

Well, here's my last night in game. I leave for Luton tomorrow afternoon.

If I cant get internet access while I'm down there then I shall see you all mid-april after (if =O ) I complete my training. :)

Sooo... MindArk, how about that HoF before I leave? :p

Stay horny peeps

ulti <3 :hug:
-x-

Back