Unbalanced Blueprints

TheGreat

Old
The Great ◊ÐідмоηĐ◊ Adventurer
This is a post intended for Planet Calypso's Dev Team.

Will the blueprints (such as most Calypso weapons) be rebalanced to compensate for the loot that no longer drops?

Will the missing loot begin to drop again?

It is very 'unfair' to ANYONE who wants to manufacture the product of one of these blueprints. Those who do not follow the forums are completely helpless and unaware that the Basic Target Assessment Units needed for a LEVEL 1 - Rutic Slo (L) Blueprint - no longer drop in loot.

I feel that this should be addressed.

What is your explanation?

Last edited:
No, they should not change the BP's.
target assessment units and combat processors should drop again. That would fix the problem much more simple then having MA fiddle with the bp's and creating additional bugs.

Occam's raiser principle; and making stuff drop is the simplest way to go.

I'm pretty sure those loot adjustments were made specifically to screw with those bps as part of the great weapon nerf\rebalancing. This was at the same time that Arkadia changed the sib levels on it's weapons.

MA issued a directive, Ark chose one method to comply, Caly chose another.

So it's probably not realistic to ask them to roll back the change.

If im not mistaken p5a requires BTAU? If so what about p4a?

Just get the same weapon with a different name from a different blueprint. Hunters won't suffer much, crafters do.

I wonder if they really don't drop anymore; or they are just mega rare. If I loot some; I'll let you know ingame. It's a shame not to have guns like the P5a anymore. Although I switched to blp now, I have shot a few of them when korsses stopped dropping and I can guaranty a p5a is fun to hunt with.

I wonder if they really don't drop anymore; or they are just mega rare.

Even if this is the case, it would remain unbalanced as most of the items that require the loot to craft with are not extraordinary. Rutic Slo (L) for example is nothing special, but great for someone graduating from the TT longblade as it's required SIB level is 6.

Even if this is the case, it would remain unbalanced as most of the items that require the loot to craft with are not extraordinary. Rutic Slo (L) for example is nothing special, but great for someone graduating from the TT longblade as it's required SIB level is 6.

Enforcing balance in games does NOT mean reverse engineering every tiny detail to make one game play decision equally as viable as the next. If no blueprints were better than any others, a crafter may as well use one selected at random. All materials should drop in some quantities; it is foolish and unfair for blueprint owners to be unable to craft their blueprints. However, it will never be the case that all blueprints are a wise option for crafting. The developers must do the best they can to enforce fairness with respect to individuals, and let the metagame fall where it may. THAT will make the game healthier than trying to reverse engineer fairness with respect to the viability of game play options, by making "bad options better, and profitable options worse."

Enforcing balance in games does NOT mean reverse engineering every tiny detail to make one game play decision equally as viable as the next. If no blueprints were better than any others, a crafter may as well use one selected at random. All materials should drop in some quantities; it is foolish and unfair for blueprint owners to be unable to craft their blueprints. However, it will never be the case that all blueprints are a wise option for crafting. The developers must do the best they can to enforce fairness with respect to individuals, and let the metagame fall where it may. THAT will make the game healthier than trying to reverse engineer fairness with respect to the viability of game play options, by making "bad options better, and profitable options worse."

It seems redundant to reply if you are going to vacillate during your response.

These blueprints are essentially obsolete and yet they still drop, with no indication ingame to anyone that they will not produce the end product due to the fact the required ingredients can no longer be found other than on the auction.

So, a new player, or one who does not follow the forums (which are not MindArk hosted) that either loots the blueprint, or sees the item on auction, and buys the blueprint to try and manufacture the product himself is now out X amount of peds and time because of this. It has also eliminated what would be a perfect path for a true RPG player to manufacture the items he wishes to use as he progreses through the levels in his chosen Hunting profession.

crafters get shat on big time its ridiculous, they should be re balancing anyway, regardless of this particular issue

Back