Unreal Engine 5 Supported Platforms & Entropia Universe

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date

Should MindArk strive to make Entropia Universe available on ALL available platforms?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 58836

What Platforms does UE5 Support?
Unreal Engine 5 enables you to deploy projects to Windows PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, macOS, iOS, Android, ARKit, ARCore, OpenXR, SteamVR, Oculus, Linux, and SteamDeck. You can run the Unreal Editor on Windows, macOS, and Linux.

PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia console tools and code are available at no additional cost to developers who are registered developers for their respective platform(s).

Taken from:

Will Entropia Universe be available on these platforms?

Has MindArk registered as developers for the console platforms?

Will Entropia Universe be available on the console platforms?

I personally believe cross-platform play and platform availability should be a top priority of the Unreal Engine 5 Entropia Universe development project.

What do you think and why?

Could @Ludvig|MindArk or @My|MindArk chime in on if this is part of the development roadmap, please?

Maybe not all but indeed the major platforms like playstation

Linux :clap:

This will become the next challenge: make EU run on all devices Doom runs on

Tentative yes, so long as we are talking about platforms with a big enough addressable market to be worth while. MA going down a rabbit hole to build a bridge to nowhere doesn't help anyone. Also, seems like it would be a lot easier to do various types of PC os's than go to console in terms of not having to re-do the control schema. MacOS makes sense in terms of the Venn diagram of people with PC's and disposable income. Going to console would be putting it in front of the wrong people. JMHO

While xbox and playstation COULD potentially open up a large player base, I'd say mac and Linux would be a waste of resources. Xbox series and PS5 could be viable due to being very close to PCs hardware and porting from the PC build could be 'almost' effortless.

Linux - well, running it is a choice and most people who do, dual boot with Windows.
Mac - very few run it exclusively, if you can afford a Mac and really want to play EU then you can probably spend a few weeks deposit buying a Windows machine :p

Pros - Runs on any hardware that supports D3D11, D3D12, Vulkan, Metal, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series S|X.

Supports DirectX 12 Shader Model 6.

Shaders have been specifically optimized for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X GPU architectures.

EU is o.c already available on one of those platforms, Windows.

do you think MA has the manpower to do all of that and pay to maintain it? are you a brand new player?

I also remember reading that both playststion and xbox explicitly state that RMT games are not allowed to be distributed on their stores - so thats a pretty big blocker for MA. Steam too for that matter.

I also remember reading that both playststion and xbox explicitly state that RMT games are not allowed to be distributed on their stores - so thats a pretty big blocker for MA. Steam too for that matter.
What is RMT?

EU isn't a RMT game, as real money isn't exchanged in-game.

Also EU doesn't have a RCE, it has a PEDE. Only when you withdraw is there a RCE element. This is the fact!

Tentative yes, so long as we are talking about platforms with a big enough addressable market to be worth while. MA going down a rabbit hole to build a bridge to nowhere doesn't help anyone. Also, seems like it would be a lot easier to do various types of PC os's than go to console in terms of not having to re-do the control schema. MacOS makes sense in terms of the Venn diagram of people with PC's and disposable income. Going to console would be putting it in front of the wrong people. JMHO
You literaly move in 4 directions and target a mob and it shoots. Theres multiple people who play with a controller already

I want to be able to play on a Steam Deck. Chat might not be possible on it but that's why we have incognito mode :)
You can play on steam deck now, just add entropia to your steam library and you can play on steam deck easy peasy

I currently play on my GPD Win 3 portable handheld, has full mappable controller built in and a full capacitive QWERTY keyboard (the screen slides up) perfect for EU on the go.

No
Multiplatform mean bug, abuse, advantage, impossible balance, complex pvp and so on.
MA should focus into the tech that allow me to Ark my Mind in the game and escape the covid drama.

Back