Upcoming VU - teasers

Can someone help me understand why they would update the graphics if the plan/intent is to change engines completely to UE5? Seems like a waste of time and energy. The only answer I come up with is that UE5 is so far off or that it isn't "really" going to happen. Please help me figure this move out.
Graphics =\= graphics engine

You can have a pong looking game in UE5 and a phenomenal looking one in CE2

The engine determines how graphics are handled but not how they look :)

but can CE2 be "transferred" into UE5?
Can't I have a pong looking game in ce2 and then make it great in UE5?
I obviously don't know how game design works is why I"m asking.

I believe it's more the other way around, work that they are doing for UE5 is being ported back into CE2, I think Spina were the first example of this happening. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong there.

lets put it this way, if you load the same 3d model in two different graphics engines, they will look basically identical
when it comes to all of the 1001 things required to make a game look good, different engines can achieve the same outcome

the difference however is that cryengine is a massive pain in the ass to use while unreal is very user friendly. that means accelerated future developments, easier to get ppl to work on your game since everyone & their mothers know unreal, tons of readily available plugins, documentation etc etc

its not about how the end result will look like, its really more about how easier it will be for mindark to take EU where they want it to be in the future

(or at least that is the very high level and basic version of it...there are tons of technical differences but thats the gist of it really)

Last edited:
index.php

why? just why?

On Instagram they used this hashtag #GenesisVisualUpdate

And guess what! The hashtag goes against the community rules and doesn't even work 😂

Good job guys!!! (Not)
I've investigated the issue with the hashtag but cannot find any clear indication of why it's going against Instagram guidelines o_O . This is the first time I've had an issue like this; I'll talk with Instagram support and see if I can get more information :LOL:

I've investigated the issue with the hashtag but cannot find any clear indication of why it's going against Instagram guidelines o_O . This is the first time I've had an issue like this; I'll talk with Instagram support and see if I can get more information :LOL:
Get some more pics uploaded? :p would be good to see more....

thanks for adding the armor pics. I don't like and am very disappointed. I follow their Instagram where I first saw the pics and there were multiple comments saying it was a downgrade. I see that as significant as there usually isn't even more than 2 comments on any of their posts on average. But doesn't matter what we think... :(

thanks for adding the armor pics. I don't like and am very disappointed. I follow their Instagram where I first saw the pics and there were multiple comments saying it was a downgrade. I see that as significant as there usually isn't even more than 2 comments on any of their posts on average. But doesn't matter what we think... :(

giphy.gif

all i can hope is to not see anymore armors with facemask, the idea itself is ridiculous,

for those who don't believe me just go in a combat zone ( even as observer, journalist, whatever ), dressed / equipped with a scary mask ( zoro ) and top of the head with a proper haircut, latest fashion, see how that works

Last edited:
I wonder what Boorum Males will end up looking like, cause you all know I am a Fan of The Good OL Boorum Appendage.

#GenesisVisualUpdate is sexual related in low pervert mind :) specialy in IA period

all i can hope is to not see anymore armors with facemask, the idea itself is ridiculous,

for those who don't believe me just go in a combat zone ( even as observer, journalist, whatever ), dressed / equipped with a scary mask ( zoro ) and top of the head with a proper haircut, latest fashion, see how that works
But... but...

Edit and joking aside: I do not want facemasks to become outmoded or changed in the way they function, that is with the ability to keep a hat on. I sympathize with a sense of realism, but it takes you only so far in a fantasy game. If you were really fighting a dragon, a helmet would not protect you from getting your head ripped off in one paw swing. That various style choices were made with items invented since the old days is simply a fact of life, for every item there are folks who like them and others who don't. What I think or say about how other people choose to look like, I prefer to apply the same rules as in the real world. Otherwise I'd complain about the eyesore of coats sticking out from under armour and want that removed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I like loot better

why did you complicate the bronze medal to 10,500 points, it became very difficult for beginners

Back