Updates to event system

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
Via the Entropia Tracker event system it is now possible for event creators to select both multiple LandAreas for the event to take place on, but it is also possible to select multiple mob types.

This opens up for different LA owners to work together to provide "large scale" events spanning over multiple LA's and multiple mobs. All tracked by Entropia Tracker.

:)
Go nuts.. We wanna see those "big" events now..

I like the idea, so am going to do a fun test event to try it out before using it again.

I ticked the check box "add more mobs" but I am hesitant to create the event since I only have the one mob on there.

Will another dialog box open up to add more? or what do I do?

Also, on the first page of the creation process, it would be nice to get a clickable calendar and time box as well. Manually entering the date/time in the proper format isn't always as simple as you would think. (ive screwed it up at least once before)
Also, on the first page, if you enter something improperly and get an error, it would be nice if it kept the other boxes filled in instead of clearing the entire page.

Mainly want to know the best way to do the multi-mob event though.

thanks and keep up the good work,
narfi

I ticked the check box "add more mobs" but I am hesitant to create the event since I only have the one mob on there.

Will another dialog box open up to add more? or what do I do?

Yes, the next page will "loop" until you decide "no more mobs".. If you continue to click "select more mobs" on the page it will reload the page.. and you can select another mob type to include in the event.

I will look at the calendar thing. :)

Ok, I created a test event.

http://entropiatracker.com/events.asp?mode=viewEvent&eventID=99

2 more things I noticed,

1. It would be alot easier if you had a page listing all the mobs with a check box next to them instead of adding them one at a time. It is hard to remember what you added before and what you still need to add when doing several mobs at once.

2. When there is a long list of mobs in the event listing they run off the page to the right instead of going to the next screen. It might be better to have a list form where each mob takes up 1 line.

3. It looks like if you add the same mob more than once, it appears on the list more than once. If you are able to implement a fix for the first issue, it would also fix this one.

When I get time ill try and start using your event system more often.

narfi

Ok, I created a test event.

http://entropiatracker.com/events.asp?mode=viewEvent&eventID=99

2 more things I noticed,

1. It would be alot easier if you had a page listing all the mobs with a check box next to them instead of adding them one at a time. It is hard to remember what you added before and what you still need to add when doing several mobs at once.

2. When there is a long list of mobs in the event listing they run off the page to the right instead of going to the next screen. It might be better to have a list form where each mob takes up 1 line.

3. It looks like if you add the same mob more than once, it appears on the list more than once. If you are able to implement a fix for the first issue, it would also fix this one.

When I get time ill try and start using your event system more often.

narfi
1: There is +200 mobs in EU.. quite a long list :)
2: Will fix
3: Will fix

Back