Suggestion: Various small QOL things & Various for when UE5 rolls in

Mika

Elite
Some things do drive me up the walls with how annoying they can be, and while the solutions might be simple in some cases i relaly hate having to either choose between 2 extremes, or just remain annoyed.

1. Pets - For the love of all that is holy, sacred, for science, anything. Please either give pets a seperate sound volume slider, or make their sounds not the most single annoying thing known to mankind. Everytime I hear a tezlapod, or tabtab, or wolpentinger or god you name most of them i honestly wish Ronaldo, or Justin Tucker or something akin would come and kick the f*** so far away no one would ever have to listen to it ever again. Yes i could mute the game, that would definately fix it. but there are many other sound quirks I like that i would love to see being kept in the game, that make me enjoy having the sound on. Such as sims speaking.

2. UI Scalability - For me, I am on a 1440P and sit to close to it already, but i dread and feel sorry for people playing on 4k just how tiny texts become, i imagine that if someone do play on 4k resolution their ped balance is just a few pixels of unreadable mush at best? This can be fixed by manually changing the resolution, but that comes at the cost of the game looking straight outta 1987 on a old 15" CRT monitor. When UE5 comes around, please let us have the ability to scale the UI to our own liking, if being able to wish, something akin to how it works in FFXIV would be nice where you can individually size different elements (all elements including action keys, HP bars, everything).

3. Better UI for vehicles - Especially when it comes to "pick up" and the whole hold right click menu. Make it hold to pick up on action key or something, and have a pie wheel menu for the rest on hover over. would be way better.

4. Fix malls and shops - I understand that people have invested in these things, but why is it allowed to keep shops when its empty on purpose? Give us more stall locations, but enforce it one way or another that it has to be maintained and if not it will be seized and redistributed. I loved walking around in malls back in the day, and still do. But it is such a timesink since most actuall shops, are now empty or poorly maintained, making it take longer to go strolling shops in EU, than it would take to go to a mall IRL and look around.. That is to mention so many malls have empty shops and people who really want shops, have to go to appartements to put up shops there. And speaking about time sinks when you have to check through thousands of appartements (if exploring without knowing) for shops, it takes a long time. Some appartement shops are advertised, easy to find. but 98 out of 100 are not. Overhauling and allowing active players that maintain shops and stalls to have them would be way more preferable than old billy bob buying a mall for "investement" purposes without any wish or care for maintaining it let alone put up items for sales. So many cities and places have good locals as well for stalls to be put up. and i think a LOT of people would love having stalls to sell pills they will never use, or other items they wish to not put on auction for whatever reason.

5. Rookie channel - While in all fairness the collective IQ of the people chatting and trolling there does not surpass a half cooked potato, making them truly belong there. Can we all just agree that the rookie channel, should be for rookies? Can we get a new official "public general" channel where people can talk shit and have long debates of which US president managed trick their populus the best, or what dog species would win the longest without air under water, or random other hatred for racial slurs, sexes, and homophobia? Or the simple fact when someone asks a legitimate rookie question, gets no answer, asks again, and gets tolld to "fuck off <Insert homophobic slang>" by someone i know is neither a rookie, nor new player... it litterally is the facepalm of the year. And with UE5 rolling in, the game will wether people like it or not, likely get some very big eyes looking at it. The last thing we need is to be "that game". EU does not have a big populus all things considered, the last thing we need is to set it in concrete that its mainly played by 40+ year olds who have the mentality of a 10 year old on Call of Duty that play it and nothing ever gets done to fix it. To most people that only shows if left as it is, that the developers support it... Just clean the damn rookie channel from trolls and dicks, I'm sure <Name we all know> can find some new rock to call a <Insert racial homophobic slur> somewhere.

6. The Map - Can we please zoom in just a little more? TP chips are precise down to just a few meters, it does not help that the pin dot, is 100+ meters when you could, be very much more precise than having to guestimate still within 100-200 meters. in some events and some wave events, taht could be the difference between TPing in with your buddies, or landing in a sea of red dots 50 meters to the side of your buddies, even if you're maxed and precise on the actuall chip.

7. Friends list - The utlity it gives atm is easy and good, but it is quite clunky in how it ends up looking all small and sort of crammed. along with the sort of annoying clunky ways to invite people to groups and what not.

8. Cosmetic stuff With & Without buffs- No I do not talk about cosmetics that makes your weapon change into something else model wise, or your armor to change looks wise. in other games that is all neat and what not, but in EU, those kinds of cosmetics, full no (in my opinion). I mean more regarding to horns, glasses, backpacks etc etc. atm the limitations come in form of what "slot" the individual items attach to, which points. and if that point is taken then you cannot equip something else there. This makes the Monria horns, very nice, but you instantly grumble because they dont work with all types of armor, because they use the glasses slot and not head. It really makes no sense as it is right now since some horns adhere to head, some adhere to glasses, others adhere to hair. there is no consistancy.

when making the new character sheet (I hope that was a thing?`) A more traditional "character menu" showing you all the gear you have equiped in each slot. Put some slots for cosmetics only that will just be on a priority system.

in other games how this would work would be:

You are in underwear
you equip horns,
they show,
you equip helm
but since helm will cover horns due to model limitation (not slot limitation) the helm takes priotiy and is visable, horns are not visable but buff remains because its put in the slot for the item.

This slot would obviously be limited to 1-2 i would imagine so someoen could have horns for the buff, and rabbit ears as well, rabbit ears would show horns would not if the sort of model limitation would "be with how slot limitation is today" if that makes sense. it would also not make 2 rabbit ears visable at the same time, one would just take priority depending on slot for example.

9. Actuall cosmetics - GOTCHA! jk still no armor or weapon skins please no. But would in with the above, love more things that could add a little flair to the character, it really does not have any purpose other than just flair. More backpacks, more silly things more head bobber dangler horns ears what not. Just silly fun stuff in general. Fun stuff to personalize our characters with that with the above proper slots would mean someone could have a coat on, and a cool backpack at the same time.

There are far other things as well that obviously are bigger, but wont fall in under "simpel qol stuff" that could easily get overlooked. a lot of the things are likely going to be adressed as well just by having a normal update that UE5 will bring, but could still be ported over "as it is now" and overlooked making it still clunky as hell.

It is simple some points that I feel would be nice QOL things that either help the game, a lot of people, and would make possible new onlookers not instaquit, or all of the above

I don't like to be elitist overall, but the half-cooked potato crowd does indeed see me wishing for chats that have level restrictions for membership (or at least the ablility to write to them). Not that competence has necessarily been reached by lvl40, or whatever, but it might be a start, and even trade channels could then be geared for better 'targetting'...
I wonder if 'reputation' will play more of a role after the switch, despite not being a 'visual' thing.

10. For the love of god do NOT forget to make motionblur an option to turn on and off when you roll out on UE5. please do not forget.

4. Fix malls and shops - I understand that people have invested in these things, but why is it allowed to keep shops when its empty on purpose? Give us more stall locations, but enforce it one way or another that it has to be maintained and if not it will be seized and redistributed. I loved walking around in malls back in the day, and still do. But it is such a timesink since most actuall shops, are now empty or poorly maintained, making it take longer to go strolling shops in EU, than it would take to go to a mall IRL and look around.. That is to mention so many malls have empty shops and people who really want shops, have to go to appartements to put up shops there. And speaking about time sinks when you have to check through thousands of appartements (if exploring without knowing) for shops, it takes a long time. Some appartement shops are advertised, easy to find. but 98 out of 100 are not. Overhauling and allowing active players that maintain shops and stalls to have them would be way more preferable than old billy bob buying a mall for "investement" purposes without any wish or care for maintaining it let alone put up items for sales. So many cities and places have good locals as well for stalls to be put up. and i think a LOT of people would love having stalls to sell pills they will never use, or other items they wish to not put on auction for whatever reason.
The answer to the question in bold is that the right to keep an object is implicit in the very concept of ownership, and when an individual purchases a shop deed, the function of that deed is to grant ownership of the shop to the buyer. In short, being "allowed to keep shops" is exactly the entitlement which was purchased in the first place. Whether the shops are utilized efficiently, and whether they even allow public access, are determined not by social welfare maximization, but at the discretion of their respective owners to freely choose their own courses of action according to their own aims.

Honestly, I don't even feel the force of the arguments here when looking through the welfare analysis lens. Creating new shops and malls is effectively costless to MindArk; the only reason to be gradual with this is devaluation, which is hardly less of a concern under the "sieze and redistribute" proposal, not only indirectly as a result of shop owner and potential buyer trust tanking in the face of a blatant abandonment of fundamental property rights, but also directly as a result of the redistribution increasing circulating supply. The other argument about mall-shopping being a time sink feels far overblown. I visit malls fairly often, and I am confident most mall shops are not empty (even including Emerald Lakes Floor 3 I would estimate that the number is under 20%), and whether a shop is poorly maintained is a subjective designation. Expecting developers to judge the quality of a shop's maintenance with the end goal of seizing and redistributing the shop strikes me as several layers of disastrous.

The answer to the question in bold is that the right to keep an object is implicit in the very concept of ownership, and when an individual purchases a shop deed, the function of that deed is to grant ownership of the shop to the buyer. In short, being "allowed to keep shops" is exactly the entitlement which was purchased in the first place. Whether the shops are utilized efficiently, and whether they even allow public access, are determined not by social welfare maximization, but at the discretion of their respective owners to freely choose their own courses of action according to their own aims.

Honestly, I don't even feel the force of the arguments here when looking through the welfare analysis lens. Creating new shops and malls is effectively costless to MindArk; the only reason to be gradual with this is devaluation, which is hardly less of a concern under the "sieze and redistribute" proposal, not only indirectly as a result of shop owner and potential buyer trust tanking in the face of a blatant abandonment of fundamental property rights, but also directly as a result of the redistribution increasing circulating supply. The other argument about mall-shopping being a time sink feels far overblown. I visit malls fairly often, and I am confident most mall shops are not empty (even including Emerald Lakes Floor 3 I would estimate that the number is under 20%), and whether a shop is poorly maintained is a subjective designation. Expecting developers to judge the quality of a shop's maintenance with the end goal of seizing and redistributing the shop strikes me as several layers of disastrous.

The problem is that a vast majority of the shop deeds are on derelict accounts. dead, old inactive no longer player accounts, for years and years, and trying to chase down people closes you can get to is "oh yeah... but they quit in like 2015 or so?" like.. great ..

But since shops are shops a simple thing and solution to a shop being and functioning as a shop would be to implement a fee, wanan use or own a shop, pay the fee, if you dont pay the fee, it will get seized, and re-circulated and someone who would pay a fee would use it and pay untill they no longer did not want to have it.

The answer you gave is something we all know, but the problem with shops and stalls specifically is that; "Just because something is possible, does not mean it is the right thing to do."

Emerald lake mall is a ghost town, unless something recent drastic has happened in the past 4 weeks since the last time i had a run around. I too love running around shops as it feels a little more fun and active (?) its interesting and you can find nice deals, or sometimes rare items and horrible prices but you can then track down the owner and negotiate etc And for stalls, id love seeing more stalls all over really, allowing more people to sell pills, or simple day to day stuff many use and often need, or hunters to display and sell loot they want to sell but cba putting on auction, someone might look at buy something, a penny here and a penny there sort of things.

Expecting developers to judge the quality of a shop's maintenance with the end goal of seizing and redistributing the shop strikes me as several layers of disastrous.

I expect MA to live up to the EULA and TOS that every player agrees to when they start playing the game. So even if 4. that you quoted and answered feels like something you're against, you too agree that if you become inactive, your items are deemed OK to be seized.

It is annoying that this does not happen, as it would help the players who wish to achieve something, not need to rely on derelict items or stuff being lost forever in a grey empty void somewhere.

5.3. Inactivated Account
You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of ninety (90) consecutive days.

5.4. Terminated Account
You acknowledge and agree that your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed to have been abandoned by You and consequently automatically Terminated if it has not been accessed for a period of three hundred and sixty-five (365) consecutive days (i.e. 275 days after an account becomes inactive as described in section 5.3 above).

You also agree to assign MindArk and/or MindArk's Partners all rights in Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account according to the procedures established in this paragraph 5. You hereby discharge MindArk, any of MindArk's Partners and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses to You arising out of, or relating to, Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account.

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

I will say this on the above though that i feel 1 year is perhaps a little to little considering people do feel their investements regardless if small or big or what someone else might think should warrant a full 1 year of monthly spamming, then hell a second year with weekly spamming, and then if nothing, assume dead or moved on and apply the above, but the above is unfortunately never enforced. I say that fully knowing my own account, would be dead af for the same reason, and i was wildly confused when it was actually still alive and functioning.

I never received any mails, i never received a single notification as the above suggest and it was not inactive. But for the sake of lootpools, and item pools, i do wish these points would be enforced. That way, we who are active, can have a less of a suffering time enjoying the game we play.

If you disagree with the TOS don't hate me for it though feel free to bash at MA for it all you want though to get it changed to forever last (on paper) :p It is something, especially in a game where like in EU people use it for investing, people really should read, understand and know what to expect if how and when.

I don't think a fee is the right way to go with regard to shops no longer functioning due to players being absent from the game for years. Instead all they have to do is reinforce the rule mentioned above where unused account is terminated and assets like shops redistributed to the economy.

Regarding the rule of terminated accounts.

Some people forget one thing. Many of these players that don't play accepted different TOS/EULA and have not played since the new rules.

Therefore they can't just terminate an account if that account has not logged into accepting new rules (For them old rules apply).

Regarding the rule of terminated accounts.

Some people forget one thing. Many of these players that don't play accepted different TOS/EULA and have not played since the new rules.

Therefore they can't just terminate an account if that account has not logged into accepting new rules (For them old rules apply).

Please refrain from trolling. Some people might actually think you are being serious.

The answer you gave is something we all know, but the problem with shops and stalls specifically is that; "Just because something is possible, does not mean it is the right thing to do."
The problem is that this falls short of supporting the conclusion you are trying to draw. You don't only want to question the morality of passive property ownership; you actually do want to make it impossible, by seizing and redistributing owned property. Since you agree the arguments in my previous post are so trivial that we all already knew them to be true, you should be able to appreciate the inadequacy of dismissing ownership rights in such a manner, regardless of where your opinions lie on the morality question.

As you have anticipated, I'm not a fan of our policy to delete inactive accounts, at least accounts that have been around for a certain number of years or logged in for a certain number of hours. I guess as long as an account is entirely wiped from MindArk's databases for all eternity, recycling deeds is fine, but we should also do better at permitting established players to take breaks for as long as they want.

I still haven't heard an answer to why "weaken ownership rights and also make more shops" is a better way to allow more people to own shops than just "make more shops." MindArk could Control + V and auction off a new mall with negligible effort. The idle shops under discussion are irrelevant to the market's perception of supply (at least until a demand shock awakens the passive investors, at which point their additional supply would again be welcome), so they aren't interfering with MindArk's ability to reverse engineer that measure of supply.

Lastly, only Floor 3 of Emerald Lakes Mall is a ghost town. Floors 1 and 2 are populated.

As you have anticipated, I'm not a fan of our policy to delete inactive accounts, at least accounts that have been around for a certain number of years or logged in for a certain number of hours. I guess as long as an account is entirely wiped from MindArk's databases for all eternity, recycling deeds is fine, but we should also do better at permitting established players to take breaks for as long as they want.

And players can, as long as they log onto the website once a year to remain active. After all its a good security to have such policies, because even though my hyperbole example was only 10 people, you can change it a little bit and encompass the entire playerbase. we have already lost countless items to the void on derelict accounts who have quit the game, and are not taking breaks.

And because of MA not enforcing their policies, we now daily face issues with struggling to find gear, equipment and weaponry for hunters and items for others as well :p

Its not a perfect solution to employ force, but even you can't deny that if left to time, we will eevntually face a EU where there simply wont be near enough items to supply the asked demand, more people will quit as less and less people may become interested having to depo $1000 or more to simply buy a low lvl gun that wont be horrendous to use. To think that going that route is ok is slightly absurd i'm sorry. If you do not think that is ok i am misunderstanding you somewhere along the road here.

But to remain on topic and re-route back to point 4, i would still rather see more stall locations implemented, as well as places implemented anew where new stores open up (I know some pop up, and some are planned. but in general, you get what i mean. This might be gone if we get easier planetary travel. But atm i doubt people on caly will spend money on a warp to NI, just to have a look through shops and mall areas there.) So that people who atm are forced into appartements, could move shop to, shops. in the grand of things like mentioned, shops and appartements etc are awfull "investement" options. Yes they have risen in price, but again, the accounts deeds are on are mostly just inactive and lost.

And as investements, the time it has taken for these to rise in value, especially appartements, you are far better of investing in deeds, or a plethora of items that actually makes sense that could actually give you more than a $500 increase over 10+ years :p

Its not a perfect solution to employ force, but even you can't deny that if left to time, we will eevntually face a EU where there simply wont be near enough items to supply the asked demand, more people will quit as less and less people may become interested having to depo $1000 or more to simply buy a low lvl gun that wont be horrendous to use. To think that going that route is ok is slightly absurd i'm sorry. If you do not think that is ok i am misunderstanding you somewhere along the road here.
The primary misunderstanding is this false dichotomy you're pushing between the nuclear option and doing nothing. It is a peculiar misunderstanding indeed, as you already advocate for the third alternative, to simply instantiate more stalls or shops until the desired circulating supply is attained. The "imperfect" addendum of seizing and redistributing existing property adds minimal benefit to this course of action.

The primary misunderstanding is this false dichotomy you're pushing between the nuclear option and doing nothing. It is a peculiar misunderstanding indeed, as you already advocate for the third alternative, to simply instantiate more stalls or shops until the desired circulating supply is attained. The "imperfect" addendum of seizing and redistributing existing property adds minimal benefit to this course of action.

I think a lot of the reason one misunderstand what you are trying to say is the fact that you seem to feel the need to use more and more complicated words to someone you know isnt a native english speaker. in a setting where it gains no one anything. There is no reason to use big fancy words moreso in a setting where your goal is to be understood as well as possible. It makes the purpose seem to only try to seem more 'knowlegable and mighty', in a discussion making it have the opposite effect as it adds nothing to either party.

but after having to look up what you are trying to say in plain english, your statement feels self contradicting. You say that just because i see two extremes (I see one extreme, if you read what i wrote i explicitly said it was a hyperbole example in every case in terms of what could happen) I choose the third which is essentially boils down to calling for MA to enforce their EULA and TOS (it would have a better effect, than simply adding more). If you disagree with that the EULA and TOS is what it is, that is fine, I think its perfectly OK as its been there since dawn of time, and in EU and pretty much every online game ever that you can find a EULA of from the ancient 90's up untill today, we the players, never own the items within the games we play. We simply "own" the rights to use them, but they remain as with the account with the company. You simply agree to that as long as you're there and playing you acknowledge that they can't just without reason do whatever they want to "your stuff", be it say EU, or WoW, or FFXIV, or UO or any game you can think of really.

Yes, emerald lakes has 2 ghost floors, but lets not try to talk away what ghost town shops are by also in the same swoop choose to blindly ignore and look away every appartement complex where 9 out of 10 shops are completely empty and the same for stalls.

What can be said however is that, right in the now, these things don't necessarily make all that much sense as there really isnt any "value" to re-distribute or add more at this point int time, that would need someone to figure out a place to put the things or where to move stalls too, etc, and then having to re-do that again for UE5

But rather than going back and forth.

We know that Emerald lakes is a ghost town, as is a plethora of other shops, its not a issue unique to emerald lakes mall in any way shape or form. To make more shops and stalls available to more players, if not enforcing the EULA and TOS, nor adding more is viable options in your mind, what then would be the solution to make it more QOL friendly in UE5 and moving forwards, giving hunters, miners and crafters who wish to own shops the ability to do so, be them big game players, mid or even lower end players (when having stalls in mind) ?

I think a lot of the reason one misunderstand what you are trying to say is the fact that you seem to feel the need to use more and more complicated words to someone you know isnt a native english speaker. in a setting where it gains no one anything. There is no reason to use big fancy words moreso in a setting where your goal is to be understood as well as possible. It makes the purpose seem to only try to seem more 'knowlegable and mighty', in a discussion making it have the opposite effect as it adds nothing to either party.

but after having to look up what you are trying to say in plain english, your statement feels self contradicting. You say that just because i see two extremes (I see one extreme, if you read what i wrote i explicitly said it was a hyperbole example in every case in terms of what could happen) I choose the third which is essentially boils down to calling for MA to enforce their EULA and TOS (it would have a better effect, than simply adding more). If you disagree with that the EULA and TOS is what it is, that is fine, I think its perfectly OK as its been there since dawn of time, and in EU and pretty much every online game ever that you can find a EULA of from the ancient 90's up untill today, we the players, never own the items within the games we play. We simply "own" the rights to use them, but they remain as with the account with the company. You simply agree to that as long as you're there and playing you acknowledge that they can't just without reason do whatever they want to "your stuff", be it say EU, or WoW, or FFXIV, or UO or any game you can think of really.

Yes, emerald lakes has 2 ghost floors, but lets not try to talk away what ghost town shops are by also in the same swoop choose to blindly ignore and look away every appartement complex where 9 out of 10 shops are completely empty and the same for stalls.

What can be said however is that, right in the now, these things don't necessarily make all that much sense as there really isnt any "value" to re-distribute or add more at this point int time, that would need someone to figure out a place to put the things or where to move stalls too, etc, and then having to re-do that again for UE5

But rather than going back and forth.

We know that Emerald lakes is a ghost town, as is a plethora of other shops, its not a issue unique to emerald lakes mall in any way shape or form. To make more shops and stalls available to more players, if not enforcing the EULA and TOS, nor adding more is viable options in your mind, what then would be the solution to make it more QOL friendly in UE5 and moving forwards, giving hunters, miners and crafters who wish to own shops the ability to do so, be them big game players, mid or even lower end players (when having stalls in mind) ?
Okay, I should apologize for my prior tone. Sometimes people willfully misunderstand a point even after it is explained from multiple angles as a rhetorical strategy, which also leads to this sort of repetitive lack of progress in a conversation, but I appreciate that in this case, the language barrier may indeed be the culprit. The precision in my word choice is not meant to make me look "knowledgeable and mighty," but to preempt counterarguments that one may otherwise raise. For example, I could just use the term "supply" instead of "circulating supply," but then someone would likely respond that increasing an item's supply is undesirable because doing so would decrease its value. Then I would get roped into lengthy discussions over why total supply only directly affects price to the extent it removes demand from a market or prevents demand from entering a market, why redistributing seized items would have very similar market impact to increasing total supply, etc. Using the term "circulating supply" is a concise way to frame the discourse in terms of the economic categories that actually matter. In general, my word choice specificity is meant to facilitate a greater degree of understanding, but I appreciate your concern that in this case it can have the opposite effect.

I don't think the EULA/TOS is an important puzzle piece here. I'm not claiming players have real-world legal ownership rights over their virtual property, but that constructing and defending an adequate internal notion of ownership rights is a central and indispensable facet of Entropia's nature. The Emerald Lakes Mall dispute can also be dropped; people can see that there is only one ghost floor in the mall, not two, in the Active Stop List thread, or they can just visit the mall.

The most important point to address is your observation that a lot of people want shops but face prohibitive costs due to low levels of circulating supply. In case this actually wasn't clear, I do think that adding more stalls or shops is a viable option. I have no problem whatsoever with MindArk doing this. I also do not have a direct problem with redistributing stalls and shops of accounts that have been irreversibly deleted from MindArk's systems. I just also wish we had better protection against account deletion for players who have put a lot of time into their accounts.

I also do not have a direct problem with redistributing stalls and shops of accounts that have been irreversibly deleted from MindArk's systems. I just also wish we had better protection against account deletion for players who have put a lot of time into their accounts.

As it stands now MA is not enforcing this part of their EULA or TOS, which for some things makes sense but others its just annoying *cough* looking at you item hoarders *cough*

I do however choose to agree to disagree i suppose, like i said i think it should be heavily enforced, as long as enough warnings are given. And seeing that one does not need to log onto the game but rather as i understand it log onto the website account page to keep it active, i do not see any reason why they should not hard enforce that part.

And my reason might seem simple, because it kind of is. If you have invested in something, if you have something you wish to have with the intent of keeping it for its value, you check in on it. If it was a box of gold nuggets under a tree in the garden, sure leave it be. But if its say, Stock on a exchange, or crypto in a wallet, money in a bank, that is more akin to what i'd see investing in EU being, so leaving it 100% unattended for several years, is not what i would call a valid thing to do, and thus merrit the eula enforcable, with enough warning given prior, not just 1 year of radiosilence and "okbye!" but incrementally more spamming to get someones attention like "hey, fuckface, maybe check on your litteral savings and money...???" with increasing intensity to get someone to check in

BUT I do not think the majority of the issue is there, but rather most likely sits with so many people having up and left and just mostly sold most things, and back when they did up and leave deeds were not worth that much, sold slow, and they might have thought fuck it, or left of other reasons. I mentioned in jenna stars thread too that, i started playing when i was 16, i'm well into my 30's now, people who were in their 30's or 40's when i started, are pushing 50's and 60's today, i would not put it against these people if they just, moved on in life, found new hobbies away from screens, and so on and so forth, you know what i mean. A lot, and this is where id put the majority, would just simply be lost.

Also i think saying people wanting shops was perhaps a little on the bigger side as shops are quite large for most people, but i do know most hunters i know off from smaller to bigger, would love a stall someplace to just put out items they find, as well as selling pills and items in general a little easier and advert the stall rather than all the items individually. And for the same reason of ease of access to selling things in that way, i'm sure miners, and crafters would like the same thing. One thing could even very easily be to move all the stalls away from appartements, and create a new market district somewhere in twin peaks or something come UE5, a walk in minimall if you want, the list of possible ways to fix the deman is plenty in that sense :p

And seeing that one does not need to log onto the game but rather as i understand it log onto the website account page to keep it active, i do not see any reason why they should not hard enforce that part.

Logging into the website will not keep your account active. You have to log into the game itself to keep your account active.

Logging into the website will not keep your account active. You have to log into the game itself to keep your account active.

The account is what you log onto on the website, you use your account to access your character ingame.

The account, is essentially what you have when you log into the website, the character is ON the account its not "the account", so where does it specify you need to log onto the character, and not log onto the account as the EULA says? Keep in mind that logging onto the account page, gives you options to access and do stuff that you can also do ingame, and there are apps that function as the same if you use android. Account = / = Character

I got that from support or ludvig so its from MA

Back