Question: Vehicle customization

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
How does one customize a vehicle?

I read somethng about textures and paint... so do you have to throw your vehicle in some crafting machine? How does it work?

(I tried a search on this forum, didn't turn up anything useful to me)

Same way as u color and texture clothes and furniture :)

Two modes of customization:
1) Colors and textures can be done any time (you can "blech" any item that was colored before and re-color it then)
2) Customization with different wheels or spoilers are not implemented yet, but it seems, it is planned... in some years (don't expect it before 2013).

To color a car, you need to buy a coloring tool from auction (under tools), to texture it, you need a texturing tool (same: auction -> tools).

Problem is that you need high and very very hard to gain skills for cool textures and colors... this is why there are only very few colors out there, who can really do most of the things.

Good thing is, you can color and texturize independently (damn english). Means: you can apply a texture and reapply colors as mayn times as you like. Or the other way around: apply a texture and than change textures all the time.

Last edited:
Two modes of customization:
1) Colors and textures can be done any time (you can "blech" any item that was colored before and re-color it then)
2) Customization with different wheels or spoilers are not implemented yet, but it seems, it is planned... in some years (don't expect it before 2013).

To color a car, you need to buy a coloring tool from auction (under tools), to texture it, you need a texturing tool (same: auction -> tools).

Problem is that you need high and very very hard to gain skills for cool textures and colors... this is why there are only very few colors out there, who can really do most of the things.

Good thing is, you can color and texturize independently (damn english). Means: you can apply a texture and reapply colors as mayn times as you like. Or the other way around: apply a texture and than change textures all the time.

Thanks.
Guess I will just follow old man Ford's adagium then: They can have any color they want, as long as they want black.

sorry, black paint is very expensive and the skill to use it very high. Your first attempts would be with orange, olive, blue, green, and of course you will have only limited success until you get to the level required to use that colour. But it's fun all the same. Go ahead and try it!

Does TT value of the (L) vehicle decrease as you texture/paint it? Might be neat if the paint's TT value increased the value somehow sort of like Res.

Does TT value of the (L) vehicle decrease as you texture/paint it? Might be neat if the paint's TT value increased the value somehow sort of like Res.

Not when you paint or texture it, but if you blech it. So if you want to recolor an already colored vehicle, it decays. Coloring/texureing don't "refill" the tt of the vehicle.

All vehicles can be textured/colored the same as any other UL customizable item. The process is completely the same except for two differences:

1. Bleaching - when you bleach anyitime you decay that item for 1 pec. Now with UL item that can be repaired, but with vehicles (L items) you cannot repair.

2. Low tt value - if your vehicle has a low tt value the textures/colors look will deteriorate with it. This happens the same with UL customizable items, but with vehicles, again its impossible to repair. So if your vehicle has less then 70-80% tt left it is not worth to customize it, since the results will not look good.

Can VTOL seats be covered in leather? Its gloomy in my cabin!

Would be cool to be able to have your Avatar name emblazened on the side of the vehicle...

if anybody knows someone who actually customizes for pay, pls let me know, i have a hoverboard i want customized to something hang 10 design, not just one color. ty.

For those that haven't read them yet, there's already a subforum for this that has info:

Coloror list is a little out of date, but Summer, Nadie, Farstar, and Noorie are the main ones color/texturers out there I see a lot.

if anybody knows someone who actually customizes for pay, pls let me know, i have a hoverboard i want customized to something hang 10 design, not just one color. ty.

I am not sure the hoverboard texturing shows correctly , I would experiment with low cost textures first.

Back