Vehicle missions?

Ashke

Mature
Aside from the training missions, are there other missions where a vehicle is a reward? Particularly flying vehicles or water vehicles?

Hunt the THING at Rocktropia used to give a jeep and also a helicopter at the end. Since the area was removed and then brought back I'm not sure if this is still the case. Other than that, you don't get vehicle rewards. Generally you get skills or attributes.

rocktropia also gives a hoverboard, you can get some flying vehicles on cyrene and arkadia offers a hoverpod :)

Hunt the THING at Rocktropia used to give a jeep and also a helicopter at the end. Since the area was removed and then brought back I'm not sure if this is still the case. Other than that, you don't get vehicle rewards. Generally you get skills or attributes.

It is still the case. but they decay while traveling so wont last long.

Unfortunately all 3 vehicle from RT (chopper, jeep and hoverboard) decay from movement so won't last long. My RT chopper served me for over a year before they implemented the movement decay for "free" vehicles, and after that it fully worn out after just 7-8 trips from New Oxford to Nea's (~70km).

On Cyrene you can get a hoverbike that goes both over land and water in exchange for 10 power cells (can be crafted from robot loot or bought for around 5 ped). It also decays from movement, as well as Ark's hoverpod.

They decay but can be repaired right?

No, the movement decay goes straight to TT value (that normally can be ruined only by mobs and pvp), not to Structural Integrity (only it can be repaired by tools).

wow...so that only applies to the "free" vehicles...like from training, missions....the stuff you buy will not decay in that way?

wow...so that only applies to the "free" vehicles...like from training, missions....the stuff you buy will not decay in that way?

All the mentioned vehicles aren't tradeable, except for Cyrene hoverbike - Spear v1 - so watch out, if you buy one it still will decay. There are other models, mk1, mk3 and v.5-346, they're crafted and don't decay from movement. None of crafted vehicles do.

Interesting that Calypso's free vehicle, Valkyrie T1, doesn't have this decay.

Thanks for the info. That is REALLY good to know info for when I eventually want to buy a vehicle. I have the calypso valkyrie with no decay...yay me...but eventually want an air vehicle to move around a bit more easily.

Interesting that Calypso's free vehicle, Valkyrie T1, doesn't have this decay.
They are worth the 2ped markup imo, if you make full use of it or use it wisely it will last longer and since it has the least cost to use, its eco travelling.

They are worth the 2ped markup imo, if you make full use of it or use it wisely it will last longer and since it has the least cost to use, its eco travelling.

Yeah, it's sad that some newbies sell theirs for mere 2 peds and later get stuck at some outpost without tp and crowded by mobs, without means to get out until someone fly by.

but eventually want an air vehicle to move around a bit more easily.

Your best buy would be a low tt Sleipnir mk1 - mobs don't attack flying vehicles, so as long as you don't go into pvp, it will serve you forever. Its minimal tt is 0.72 ped (out of 24 ped on full one), so anything > 1 ped is good. Even with crazy markups on low tt vehicles (and the lower tt the crazier the MU, it seems) it would cost you 7-10 ped at most.

It also decays from movement, as well as Ark's hoverpod.
Svarog, I'm not 100% sure about that, but I scanned new Arkadia Hoverpod's (Alienware edition), and it doesn't have movement decay, but just consume a bit more Oil 0.05/0.05. Old ones consume less Oil, 0.03/0.01 but have movement decay :(

hoverpods_comparing.jpg

okay now I'm gonna ask something that is either going to make me seem like I have been paying attention or make me look a total idiot.

Its minimal tt is 0.72 ped (out of 24 ped on full one), so anything > 1 ped is good

Now when my valkyrie needs repairing I just park it near a ramp and someone repairs it free of charge. Is that what is needed for that Sleipner if I bought it at like 1 ped...just someone to repair it like my valk? Or is repairing it done differently and it would actually cost me like 23 ped to repair it.

Or am I completely off the mark and need to go play some marble shooter game on yahoo games?

Svarog, I'm not 100% sure about that, but I scanned new Arkadia Hoverpod's (Alienware edition), and it doesn't have movement decay, but just consume a bit more Oil 0.05/0.05.

Damn, not fair if true, I got old one in the past so out of luck for the Alienware version :silly2:

So, it means Alienware got itself everlasting mobile advertising boards? :D Great, great deal.

Your best buy would be a low tt Sleipnir mk1 - mobs don't attack flying vehicles, so as long as you don't go into pvp, it will serve you forever. Its minimal tt is 0.72 ped (out of 24 ped on full one), so anything > 1 ped is good. Even with crazy markups on low tt vehicles (and the lower tt the crazier the MU, it seems) it would cost you 7-10 ped at most.
:wise: this is a good financial decision. There is also a UKash VTOL (L) vehicle that shows up on auction from time to time. It's nearly the same as a Sleipnir (except low TT). I flew one for a while before I bought an UL Sleipnir. The Ukash name kinda screams n00b though :)

Damn, not fair if true, I got old one in the past so out of luck for the Alienware version :silly2:

So, it means Alienware got itself everlasting mobile advertising boards? :D Great, great deal.
I Scanned both by myself at Twin around one week ago (2013.04.24). So, unless that a bug and they just forgot to turn on decay option...

Now when my valkyrie needs repairing I just park it near a ramp and someone repairs it free of charge. Is that what is needed for that Sleipner if I bought it at like 1 ped...just someone to repair it like my valk? Or is repairing it done differently and it would actually cost me like 23 ped to repair it.

Or am I completely off the mark and need to go play some marble shooter game on yahoo games?

All items will (L) in names are limited, non-repairable, their tt value is their "health" - you use them, they decay to min tt, you threw them out and buy new one. But vehicles stand out as they have 2 kinds of "health": A) tt value aka TT; B) structural integrity aka SI.

When your vehicle get damages from terrain or falling, only SI is affected. SI can be repaired with special tools (Vehicle RK-5 and Welding Wires, can be bought on auction), that's what happens when you spawn your vehicle and people repair it.

If a vehicle is hit by a mob or shot by other players in pvp, both TT and SI decrease. SI still can be repaired, but TT is gone forever. Your can drop your vehicle from a mountain and repair afterward unlimited times (some people even did that for skills before repairing motherships became more efficient way for that), but by mobs your Valk T1, for instance, can be blown up only 20 times or so before it reaches minimal tt.

I am getting such good info in this thread. That clears up quite a bit for me. Never understood why my valk could be repaired after getting blown up by some robot at a citadel somewhere. Now I get why.

So my valk is down 1 life, but the rest is all repairable. Would probably be wise of me to buy Vehicle RK-5 and Welding Wires for myself at some point, just in case I am somewhere where I am the only person nearby to repair.

You won't need a lot of wire unless you get it destroyed a lot. I think I bought 5 ped of welding wire and I've barely used any on my Valk mk1.

You just have to be careful and know that driving near mobs that have long range attacks is not a good idea.

Back