Virtual version of the credit crunch

Suu Miles

Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Suu Miles
Just saw this article on the BBC on bank's controllers in a game withdrawing all the in game credits and sodding off... how safe are we? We do have banks ingame as well... Not wanting to sound hysteric, never used a bank before but do we need a whole new set of ideas on how to try and prevent that!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8132547.stm

well the only peds they can withdraw is the ones they have so it does not really effect anyone in Entropia I suppose

I used to play EVE, very cutthroat game. I know some people used to refer to game dollars there in actual US dollars. Its quite common to see people selling them on EBay actually, or used to be. So someone to rob people of money in game and then make real money profit is not surprising to me.

Unless there was a place were people were pooling there PED together in this game. Then I don't see how they can get robbed by another player. Banks here are more of pawn shops so that don't count really.

Well he actually didnt make anything illegal by legal laws. It's sort of like the other "scandal" that happened in eve when some ppl infiltrated another guild and ripped their guild to pieces and stole all of it worth about $20000 :p

Sure it might not have been a nice thing to do but well...

As for EU you are safe as the money is guaranteed by MA.

Well he actually didnt make anything illegal by legal laws. It's sort of like the other "scandal" that happened in eve when some ppl infiltrated another guild and ripped their guild to pieces and stole all of it worth about $20000 :p

Sure it might not have been a nice thing to do but well...

As for EU you are safe as the money is guaranteed by MA.

The only thing that is guarateed is a TT value and last time i checked it was nearly 1/10 or a real value of an item ( not all items ).
So as son as MA runs out of funds and files a chapter 13 there is nothing we can do to get our money back...

Back