Virtual Worlds on British Television

swazer

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
freelancer
swazer swazers swabricini
Hi
For all the UK players and anyone else who can tune into BB2 ..
"the money programme" tonight on BB2 7.00pm uk time

aparently the programme will be disscussing virtual worlds and there economys,sounds quite interesting,i dont know if EU will be mentioned?probly will be because of the recent pawn shop sales

CORRECTION on time its 7.pm ooops

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up.

Well... I'm thoroughly dissapointed that they covered all other MMO's and not Entropia apart from one small sequence of someone dancing at Willundsong!!!

Well... I'm thoroughly dissapointed that they covered all other MMO's and not Entropia apart from one small sequence of someone dancing at Willundsong!!!

I think its good if they ignore EU for a bit. If they notice us then they might ask we to pay tax and stuff :p

me too Akiran
when you consider the rce of EU you would have thought we would have got more of a mention:scratch2:

me too Akiran
when you consider the rce of EU you would have thought we would have got more of a mention:scratch2:

Also with the new uber-investor, Anshe. Apprently she sold more shares here than even SL! But we get no mention...

What MMO got the biggest mention?

Also with the new uber-investor, Anshe. Apprently she sold more shares here than even SL! But we get no mention...

and that surprises you? a world with ppl obsessed with paying 17k usd for some little pop cap gun and there is a mad rush to virtual stock? of course, we're far crazier than any second life players. we spend more in hunting, crafting and mining losses in a day than most do to purchase their island property.

and methinks we got a lot more money. heh.

second life/half life/the good life/

It seems that when virtual worlds are mentioned on tv it is EITHER SL or EU but NOT both...I'm ready to bet that EU and SL refuse to let the media use their images unless the competition's mention/images are cut to a bare minimum.

It seems that when virtual worlds are mentioned on tv it is EITHER SL or EU but NOT both...I'm ready to bet that EU and SL refuse to let the media use their images unless the competition's mention/images are cut to a bare minimum.

There was a report on belgian television a few months ago and both were mentioned

I think the BBC was one of the few outlets that recently refused to show significant EU news ever since the Terranova debacle. Although it should also be noted that the BBC is heavily involved in Second Life as well, simulcasting a lot of radio and video. There was at least one British newspaper for example that has stopped EU coverage after Terranova.

God damn, i missed this show... Any links?

Btw, what was terranova? :confused: Iv never heard that mentioned before...

Terranova is a blogging/community site for university researchers and pundits for MMOs and whats happening in this space. People like Castranova are on there for example. They wrote a critique about some of the hype that surrounded EU and was then threatened with a lawsuit by MA's CEO for slander.

The problem was that the person who wrote the said article was a lawyer and knew his rights (as well as the difference between libel and slander), so inevitably the whole thing degenerated into a slagging fest.

Since then Terranova refuses to write about EU and a few of the press outlets who use Terranova for expertise and insight into MMO's have refused to published anything about EU.

Its a bit childish on both sides, but the reality is the Press tends not to like being threatened or being bullied. Terranova is the type of site that would have been good at promoting EU, instead they now talk about the other games out there.

oh i missed the show but have just found it for download atm :)
I'll post a report after i've seen it :)

Back