VU 12.4 vs VU 14.4

Pallas Gaudio

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Pallas Gaudio
I misread the thread title at:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?221646-VU-9.4-vs-VU-12.4

forgetting that we had already moved on to 12.4. I thought we were looking at the future rather than the past, and got a little bit excited.

So here's the alternate thread that I had imagined.

What do you expect to be your loves and hates when in the future comparing version 14.4 with now?

And for a positive:

V 14.4

We'll be amazed at how dynamic the vegetation is ..... little acorns will grow into big trees, and vegetation boundaries will ebb and flow like tides.

Or a more personal response:

VU 14.4

I hate the way miners now have to pay taxes to hunters whenever we encounter them. What's with this new Protection Racket skill? Oh for the old days when they just killed us!

In 14.4:

* Using DX10 now, Windows XP is no longer sufficient

* People in beauty are still complaining about yet another free avatar makeover from move to DX10 based avatars and beauty in 14.0

* Nobody understands how we managed before there were lots of instances

* Half of present day Apis users have moved to Herman Ark-50 Jungle(L), and are complaining about higher cost of play compared to VU 12.4

* Tier 10 is the new standard for UL weapons, people are forced to offer discounts for ones not yet there.

* 1K mission tokens are traded via auction daily.

* Everybody in crafting still hates MA for the crafting overhaul mess.

* "Everybody" is pissed at resellers reselling houses originally built on land deed lands.

* Rolling out of new AI and multiple attack damages to select mobs is complete.

* You can now use attachments on weapons that do alternative damage, like bayonets and add-on grenade launchers. PK old-timers are complaining about "newbies these days".

* Enough people have maxed Vivo UR200 that Adjusted fap is now commonly referred to as "that low heal, high eco fap", that nobody really wants to pay any markup on.

* New uberness standard is maxed on all post-level-100 SIB weapons and 300 hp.

in V14.4 or maybe V12.5 some MA guy suddenly gets the brilliant idea that more imk2's and other super gear needs to drop... and actually makes it drop... and no, not just one imk2 on some random eomon or sand king..

13.0 > MA fracksup space completely with owerspawn of spacemobs and server border errors.
13.1 > MA fixes mobs and border errors but further decreases savezone size
13.2 > MA increases size of space
13.5 > Space is almost totaly abandoned
13.7 > MA further increases the size of space and brings out more MS for ~80K PED | A trip between NI and Calypso takes ~12 hours
13.8 > MA disables "T" jumping to the next station from its border and instead you revive at the previos station to force more use on MS
14.0 > MA further increases space by addins solar systems for each planet and a trip now takes ~24 hours side to side | Space almost totaly deserted
14.2 > MA relieses more MS to try and gain more intrest in traveling space (currently you can still log out on MS and have a 100% save trip)
14.4 > MA declairs space a frackup and reimplement the TP system | MA have no idea how to fix space

VU 13

People have studied themself and learned not to hurt self anymore.
Learned to say no to things they dont like and act accordingly.
Civilized words like "greed" is no more used
in life, only in history books when remembering how it allowed things to be.

People have faith in themself. :wise::dunce::yup:

VU 14.4
- changed look of puny mobs
- taming not back yet

VU 14.4

MA admits this is nothing more then a playground for the rich. After realising that smoke and mirrors no longer works on middle class people they opt for the "Exclusive" stratagy. They found several billionaires with big drug habits and convinced them that if they "Invested" only the elite of the world would be allowed in and they could have their fun.

The elections in the USA let some schmuck be president who blocked all the tax the rich reforms further seperating the classes allowing for more eletist attitudes to spring forth. MA plays upon this and soon only 25 people play entropia but they ALL depo heavy and win heavy. MA settles on 10% income on 100 billion dollars turn over rather then trying to balance the game for 25k players at varying financial levels.

14.4 > MA declairs space a frackup and reimplement the TP system | MA have no idea how to fix space

Oh, hey, look, theres a new type of whine troll, space whine troll!

Space if fine. Now back into your cave, troll!

Planet Michael goes live, leaving all other planets empty.
Everybody is eagerly anticipating the "Hello Kitty" Planet.
MA is selling 3.5 million landowner deeds for the 500 domes consisting orbital station "Kanjugess", which is reachable through a 2 hour ride with the space elevator, in order to raise 2 billion USD for a minor advertisement campaign.
The crafting revamp is finally fixed and condition crafters get their slot machine as soon as the CoS falls below 10%.

...and client stability gets improved.

I expect that the differences we'll see will be non too obvious. there has been talk about an advertisement campaign, which will hopefully bring more paying customers. This means more money and thus a more stable economy. Furthermore there will probably be more changes in this regard, making the EU experience better for all.

I doubt however that we will notice any of this, as it will change over time and we'll get used to it before we notice it and thus keep on complaining about all and nothing as usual.

Everybody wants to go back to vu 12.4 when it was still free to teleport from city to city and not cost 1 ped per tp.
There are also complaints about the 1 pec trade terminal use tax.
cryengine 5 looks really great in smellable 3d, but nobody wants to hunt proteron anymore because they fart a lot
core I256 seems enough to run in low gfx mode which is nice, but People are still complaining about the lack of old systems since the migration to cry5.
one plus: finally avatars can sit down!

Everyone complains about the amount of 1-2k hofs and asks for more 50k hofs like in the good old days.

...after everyone figures out that MA did not increase the amount of 1-2k hofs in lieu of big hofs, there is just a bug which resulted in 90% of big hunting hofs being cancelled.

1. I had this VU cos I had to sell my IRL car to pay for all the tax and insurance on my EU vehicles, not to mention the road tolls and bribes to the officials at the roadblocks. The scammers ( car-jackers ): another story.

2. I hate in now you have to craft ammo for ubers, who are the only ones allowed access to ammo until you depo more than $1m.

3. I hate that MA worked a deal with my IRL employer to make me play EU for 12hrs at the weekend as part of the 'let's all be happy with the internet' policy.

VU 12.4, those were the days, when you had the chance to at least delude yourself you were in control, now there isn't even that illlusion.

I like VU 14.4 better because in VU 12.4 we didn't have a Star Wars planet. Then again loot was a lot better in 12.4.

The apartments at Medusa's Head still not fixed. So no change for me.
But I got a message from support that the priority of that bug fixing was pushed from rank 1274 to rank 895 wich is an incredible progress.

Oh, hey, look, theres a new type of whine troll, space whine troll!

Space if fine. Now back into your cave, troll!

Here is an idea, go fuck yourself. You clearly have no sence of humor and is actualy the troll in this.

In VU 14.4 people complain about all the pets littering the place advertising their shops and services and remember fondly when we didn't need to eat nutrio bars to stay alive. No beacons found yet. ;)

and remember fondly when we didn't need to eat nutrio bars to stay alive

hmm... I wouldn't like to depend on staying alive on nutrio bars, but how about nutrio bars functioning as a temporary buff increasing effective evader and hp?

To nutrio-holics, i'm sure, not having eaten a nutrio bar will soon look like not alive though :laugh:

13.0 > MA fracksup space completely with owerspawn of spacemobs and server border errors.
13.1 > MA fixes mobs and border errors but further decreases savezone size
13.2 > MA increases size of space
13.5 > Space is almost totaly abandoned
13.7 > MA further increases the size of space and brings out more MS for ~80K PED | A trip between NI and Calypso takes ~12 hours
13.8 > MA disables "T" jumping to the next station from its border and instead you revive at the previos station to force more use on MS
14.0 > MA further increases space by addins solar systems for each planet and a trip now takes ~24 hours side to side | Space almost totaly deserted
14.2 > MA relieses more MS to try and gain more intrest in traveling space (currently you can still log out on MS and have a 100% save trip)

About right, but you forgot to add that MA now owns all planets and is trying to get back all planet partners with the new planet to planet TP back.

VU 14.0

* IVT (Intrinsic Value Terminal) replaces TT (Trade Terminal)

* The Egg is sold to Planet Michael

* Kim/MindArk creates 45 more powerfists to add to the 245 powerfists that cannot be found in loot

* Bare BareBones Bones has still not gotten a uberhof

Bones

Last edited:

ALL advertising money is put towards 60 second super bowl commercial. Due to various "holidays" the advertising team forgets to submit the tv advertisement. Sixty seconds of blank screen is watched by a billion people during the second quarter.

60 million more "shares" are sold

1000 more land areas

500 more unique mobs

"Avatar #2,000,000" hits all time high in the new arrival zone hunting puny

Back