VU 8.3.1 Update

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
The Entropia Universe has been updated with VU 8.3.1. It contains the following enhancements (amongst others):

Certain avatars that appeared gaunt after VU 8.3 have now had their complexion restored.

A new option for 1024x768 widescreen has been added to the Client Loader.
The Nymphtown/New Oxford teleport link has been brought back online.

Residue can now be sold in the Auction.

All paint colors can now be sold in the Auction.

The Active Event window is now available for all event participants, regardless of when you log into the event. Prize items can now also be seen from the Active Event UI.

The 'previous' and 'next' buttons in the Auction can now be used to go from the first page to last and from last to first.

Walking in mid-air in certain New Oxford locations has been revoked.

Reserved MindArk times in the Event System have been altered to display UTC time.

The Enter key has been enabled again for easy access when logging in with the Gold Card.

MindBuster said:
The Nymphtown/New Oxford teleport link has been brought back online.

Very nice, now i can run 16:10 so it doesnt look distorted :cool:

Now we just need the resolution change, but maybe that is a bigger problem, depending on the way mobs get hit (the hitbox) there shouldnt be advantages in running other resolutions than others, it should be equal for all ofcourse, dunno if that is the problem since resolution change hasnt been implemented yet.

I think that their main problem is the HUD. They would have to work on a new one.

MindBuster said:
Very nice, now i can run 16:10 so it doesnt look distorted :cool:

Now we just need the resolution change, but maybe that is a bigger problem, depending on the way mobs get hit (the hitbox) there shouldnt be advantages in running other resolutions than others, it should be equal for all ofcourse, dunno if that is the problem since resolution change hasnt been implemented yet.
Yes where is:
- 1400 x 1050
- 1280 x 1024

Mooze said:
I think that their main problem is the HUD. They would have to work on a new one.

Naah, that's an easy one, it's just a tedious work, resizing all the icons and the hud itself, but to be done in all resolutions available, then just show the hud that matches the users resolution.
Lotsa tedious work but easily done.

But better yet, make a 3D hud that uses models, but looks 2D.

Nice :)
Relative fast and usefull bugfixes and updates .

MindBuster said:

I submitted this not so long ago to support, and like all my cases this is again incredible coincidence but I'm starting to be a HUGE fan of their support system. Imagine that :D

edit:: and as PE laws define, there's always a twitch ... it doesnt expand widescreen to 1440*900. So MA support, could you maybe please ... thanks :cool:

Last edited:
something with that miniupdate , WE know what is inside ...
:)

just got to make some space on my hd, should be fun
cyphyr

Last edited:
Mooze said:

They have been revamping the interface, Friend List, Item info, the Event creation interface was already implemented with the new looks.

The bottom bar, the quick bar, the options panel, terminals interface, etc, still have the old looks, i don't know if they are going to change them meanwhile or are going to wait for the big update.

I'm looking forward to the big one. :)
I hope that by them we will get more graphics options.

This is a nice update overall. :thumbup:

MindBuster said:
The Enter key has been enabled again for easy access when logging in with the Gold Card.

Very happy to see this one, it was beginning to get very infuriating already :D

MindBuster said:
The 'previous' and 'next' buttons in the Auction can now be used to go from the first page to last and from last to first.

Yay! It took me 4 days (okay, so maybe I exagerate just slightly) to get to the Billton Towers estates on page 90-something a couple days ago. :)

Thank you MA for the quick updates and fixes!!!! :) :D :cool:

Miller said:
Very happy to see this one, it was beginning to get very infuriating already :D

Tell me about it I just hope they re-enabled enter aswell, as that annoys me having to click-type-then click again :mad:

I havn't logged in yet but from the content list this update looks great.

MA seems to have listened to what people were saying and has acted on it quickly!

Great Work MA! :thumbup:

all i seem to be getting since this new update is error messages about not been able to log in or that my aviator is logged in.. how im here..

please mindark sort it out

MindBuster said:

YEEEEEES!!!

MindBuster said:

??? Never heard of 16:10 :p

And it looks really stoopid on my 19" WS ppl are way to skinny :p

Last edited:
Woot! I look beautiful once again :D :cheer:

Hey i just noticed now that there is an option to enable AA.

Was it there before?

Cougar said:
Hey i just noticed now that there is an option to enable AA.
Was it there before?

I've scanned my entire brain for acronym recognition and haven't come up with anything that would even slightly apply to entropia. lol What the heck is AA? :dunce:

anti aliasing

it rules ^.^

turn it on and notice the jagged lines disapear ^.^

One of the older problems on your graphics card that could cause PE to crash (or mine anyway ;) ) but now I managed to turn it back on and edit the setting from CL aswell :)

I like this minupdate MA you get a gold STAR :)

Dannei said:
??? Never heard of 16:10 :p

And it looks really stoopid on my 19" WS ppl are way to skinny :p
Hehe :) I have a widescreen monitor on my laptop (1920x1200 = 16:10) and last night I saw my real avatar self in action for the first time after 16 months of playing :eek: Well, it'll take time to get used to it :girl:

Back