WARNING: Hunt the THING

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
If anyone is thinking about going to the Hunt the THING map, DO NOT!

I went there to have a look around, I logged out in an attempt to see if I could stop the music stream, went log back in and the loading screen freezes up.

I've tried all sorts to get back in but it's not working. If you go there, do not log out whatever you do.

Delete whole RT or try find the thing dynamic content. Launch client and dont download it (this part is crucial). Go to log in screen log in as usually. You should be able to get the download msg part and thus the loading freezing bug "fixed". Clear shaders beforehand also cuz u just never know and run in SAFE mode while at it.

I'll give it a try, thx.

No reply from support yet.

I had no problem today and i running window 8 64 bit.

Did you log out?

To investigate on what it get stuck you can use this tool:
https://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

It will show every harddrive and regestry access and tell if it was successful or not and the reason why.
Ensure to set the filter to show information only about entropia.exe and remember to clear the logged stuff before doing another try.

Thx I'll give that a try tonight. The load progress bar literally does nothing. I deleted all the Hunt the THING assets locally, performed a repair to re-get them and same problem. I've tried safe mode, 32 bit mode etc. Nothing works.

Question: Did you crash out to desktop while you were at Hunt The Thing?

I believe I had encountered something similar.

Back then, I crashed to desktop and when i tried logging in again, the loading bar simply just stuck there without loading. Somehow, it appears that the "tips" messages that we would usually see when loading is working normally doesn't appear when in that situation as well.

Not sure what actually causes it to not load and not sure if this would work in your case, but do try out what I'm about to suggest to you. No harm in trying right? :laugh:

1. Go to your Entropia Universe's "Public_Users_Data" -> "Cache" -> "icon" -> 15.x.x.xxxxx
  2. Delete all of the files in there. The .tga files and the iconcache.dat
  3. Start your Entropia Client Loader, go to tools, clear the shaders cache.
  4. Then start the game and try logging in.
  5. Pray that it works.
  6. If it doesn't, rinse and repeat.

Can't remember the exact details, but that's what I did. Not sure if I've missed anything, but I did remember doing it a couple of times before the loading bar started working and I could enter the game.

BUT!!!!

Once you've logged into the game, do not log off. Immediately head to the nearest TP and get your ass to rocktropia.

If you don't and try to log out whilst your still in there, then gratz.....you will get stuck again and have to repeat what I've mentioned earlier for a couple of more times and pray that it resyncs for you.

Not really sure, but once you get to RT, you should be able to relog as per normal.

Think it might have something to do with location syncing of our avatar? Not sure.

GL and I hope it helps.

Question: Did you crash out to desktop while you were at Hunt The Thing?

I believe I had encountered something similar.

Back then, I crashed to desktop and when i tried logging in again, the loading bar simply just stuck there without loading. Somehow, it appears that the "tips" messages that we would usually see when loading is working normally doesn't appear when in that situation as well.

Not sure what actually causes it to not load and not sure if this would work in your case, but do try out what I'm about to suggest to you. No harm in trying right? :laugh:

1. Go to your Entropia Universe's "Public_Users_Data" -> "Cache" -> "icon" -> 15.x.x.xxxxx
  2. Delete all of the files in there. The .tga files and the iconcache.dat
  3. Start your Entropia Client Loader, go to tools, clear the shaders cache.
  4. Then start the game and try logging in.
  5. Pray that it works.
  6. If it doesn't, rinse and repeat.

Can't remember the exact details, but that's what I did. Not sure if I've missed anything, but I did remember doing it a couple of times before the loading bar started working and I could enter the game.

BUT!!!!

Once you've logged into the game, do not log off. Immediately head to the nearest TP and get your ass to rocktropia.

If you don't and try to log out whilst your still in there, then gratz.....you will get stuck again and have to repeat what I've mentioned earlier for a couple of more times and pray that it resyncs for you.

Not really sure, but once you get to RT, you should be able to relog as per normal.

Think it might have something to do with location syncing of our avatar? Not sure.

GL and I hope it helps.

Thanks for your help, the tips don't even work. I'm considering reinstalling the whole client to see if that fixes it. We've had a few updates recently, perhaps something has become corrupted. In any case, support don't care if I'm cycling my PEDs :)

Thanks for your help, the tips don't even work. I'm considering reinstalling the whole client to see if that fixes it. We've had a few updates recently, perhaps something has become corrupted. In any case, support don't care if I'm cycling my PEDs :)

Did you close your client loader when doing what I've said or have you kept it on while doing what I've said?

I did believe I closed everything related to entropia first, cleared everything and then started the game again.

Took a few times for it to work.

Anyway, keep trying. Also try a reboot while your at it? Who knows?

But whatever you do, once you do get in....get to RT straight away.

Did you close your client loader when doing what I've said or have you kept it on while doing what I've said?

I did believe I closed everything related to entropia first, cleared everything and then started the game again.

Took a few times for it to work.

Anyway, keep trying. Also try a reboot while your at it? Who knows?

But whatever you do, once you do get in....get to RT straight away.

I haven't tried what you said, I was saying the tips don't display on screen in the load screen. Just an empty, non-moving, static, deceased progress bar and a nice picture.

I haven't tried what you said, I was saying the tips don't display on screen in the load screen. Just an empty, non-moving, static, deceased progress bar and a nice picture.

As was what happened in my case as well. The tips also didn't appear and the bar was empty.

Anyway, try what I've suggested first. I do believe the situation isn't as bad as requiring to do a full reinstall.

I mean...I've survived the bug without having to reinstall so I doubt you would have to.

As was what happened in my case as well. The tips also didn't appear and the bar was empty.

Anyway, try what I've suggested first. I do believe the situation isn't as bad as requiring to do a full reinstall.

I mean...I've survived the bug without having to reinstall so I doubt you would have to.

I've just received a response from support saying that I should no longer have an issue, so it must've been something account based or some kind flag maybe?

I haven't tried obviously yet :D

Back