Warpath's Critters

Warpath

Elite
Society
Freelancer
James Warpath Proudstar
I was reluctant to post these after seeing the amazing artwork others have produced. They make my little pencil sketches look pretty plain. As u can see I am far from being an artist, but I figured u gotta be in it to have a chance

NexVermis

Name Meaning: Taken from Latin (an ancient Earth language), NEX meaning death and VERMIS meaning worm.

Description:

Just as many feared the re-animation of the Letomie has interfered with the natural course of evolution. A fierce and relentless predator which has for an age lain dormant far beneath the surface of Calypso has stirred; awoken by the scent of its favourite prey, the Letomie. A prey it once hunted to extinction along with many more of the ancient fauna. This giant underground species will not return to its hibernation until it has devoured every living creature from the surface of Calypso as it did in the ancient times. Settlers, fear the Nexvermis.

Maturities:

1. Larvae
2. Adolescent
3. Consumer
4. Aggressor
5. Carnivore
6. Predator
7. Apex-Predator
8. Man-Eater
9. Devourer
10. Destroyer

Damage Type: Impact 20%, Stab 40%, Cut 40%
Regeneration: Yes
Movement: Slithering, moves underground
Combat: Close
Aggression: Very High
Tameable: No
Sweatable: Yes
Defensive Profession : Evader
Scanning Profession : Animal Investigator
Found : All over Calypso, but especially near Letomie

Reaver

Name Meaning: Named after the Soulreaver, the collector of the dead

Description:

After years of hunting in the contaminated zones these settlers have found their brain functions altered, changing them into bloodthirsty predators. With all their humanity stripped from them only their military instinct seems to remain. These former CDF soldiers formed tribes and even small armies. Using a combination of abandoned assault vehicles and looted robot tech they amassed an arsenal of weapons, vehicles and armour piercing rounds. Always attacking in groups they fiercely protect their lands violently attacking all who would approach. Although well armed the individual soldiers are poorly armoured leaving their vehicles as a settler’s major threat.

Maturities:

1. Enlisted – a group of 3 soldiers
2. Unit – 1 soldier and 1 vehicle
3. Regiment – 2 soldiers and a vehicle
4. Platoon – 1 soldier 2 vehicles
5. Battalion – 2 soldiers and 2 vehicles
6. Squadron – 4 soldiers and 2 vehicles
7. Special Forces – 6 soldiers and 2 vehicles
8. Commandos - 8 soldiers and 2 vehicles
9. Legion – 8 soldiers and 3 vehicles
10. Death Squad – 10 soldiers and 3 vehicles

Damage Type: Penetration 20%, Burn 20%, Shrapnel 20%, Stab 20%, Cut 20% (cut and stab to represent the armour piecing rounds on high level pk armours)
Movement: Travels in groups on foot and in vehicles
Combat: Ranged
Aggression: Insane
Sweatable: No
Defensive Profession: Dodger
Scanning Profession: Humanoid Investigator
Found: PVP 3 and PVP 4

Technatrox

Name Meaning: Adapted by the robots from the Calypsian creature ( the Atrox ) which inspired its creation. Tec – na - trox

Description:

After years of failed attacks by the robot armies of Akbal-Cimi the citizens of Calypso had come to believe they could handle anything. Little did they realise that every failure the robots had experienced was a highly choreographed data gathering mission, analysing the humans’ behaviours, defences, strengths and weaknesses. The wildlife of Calypso had also caught their interest. Based on the Atrox (a creature the robots believed to be the ultimate predator) and years of data they developed the Technatrox. With its incredible speed, electrified talons and icy, hyperboreal tail it may yet bring the extinction of the Calypsian citizens.

Maturities:

1. Prototype
2. Refined
3. Improved
4. Adjusted
5. Modified
6. Customized
7. Predator
8. Terminator
9. Destroyer
10. Eradicator

Damage Type: Impact 25%, Stab 25%, Cut 25% from the electrified talons and Cold 25% from tail stinger
Movement: Running attack
Defensive Profession: Evader
Scanning Profession: Robot Investigator
Found: All over Calypso

Cryptite

Name Meaning: Taken from the word Cryptid – meaning a creature which has been suggested exists but lacks proof.

Description:

Created during a severe radiation leak in the core of Hadesheim’s major power plant, these ghostly mutants have flourished and made the city their home. Able to switch between tangible and intangible they can be difficult to hunt. While tangible they can be harmed by any weapon in a hunter’s arsenal and can inflict damage with their electrically charged bone blades. If intangible all but plasma and gauss weapons will pass through the Criptite causing no harm. However in this form it is also unable to harm its attacker.

Maturities:

1. Soul
2. Spirit
3. Ethereal
4. Astral
5. Shade
6. Demon
7. Wraith
8. Fright
9. Nightmare
10. Terror

Damage Type: Stab 35%, Cut 35%, Electric 30%
Regeneration: No
Movement: Floating
Defensive Profession: Evader
Scanning Profession: Mutant Investigator
Found: Haunting the deserted city of Hadesheim and its surrounds

You know I really love the idea of the Reavers. I dont think they should be restricted to PVP zones though, maybe only found in areas along way from tp's.

I like the idea that someone out mining might message his soc bcause he is being hunted by a dozen Reavers, great way to practice pk and have a proper fight. At the moment there is no hunting in game where a soc fights a mob of creatures, only a mass of colonists on one mob - fighting a crew of Reavers would be fun.

You know I really love the idea of the Reavers. I dont think they should be restricted to PVP zones though, maybe only found in areas along way from tp's.

I like the idea that someone out mining might message his soc bcause he is being hunted by a dozen Reavers, great way to practice pk and have a proper fight. At the moment there is no hunting in game where a soc fights a mob of creatures, only a mass of colonists on one mob - fighting a crew of Reavers would be fun.

yeah the idea of them was to create a more stratigic team hunting scenrio. Thought it might make good training for the usual pker's too

Nice, like all of those.... especially the Reavers; sorry for also going latin and trying to find a word for a snake-like thing (I ended up with Vermis too lol)

Hurrikane

I like the nexvirmis alot well done and gl.

Nice backstory for the death worm, i like it. :)

Excellent work mate...all those mobs would pwn me :D :eek:

Wish I could draw. ;)

man that cryptite is scary - lots of people will be having nightmares :)

also nice drawing skills.

Cryptite kinda reminds me of 'snakeman' from X-COM: UFO Defense (AKA UFO: Enemy Unknown ). Brings back good memmories.
Snakeman.png

I wish I could drawn like this, they look fantastic!

The Cryptite is a great idea to bring life back to Hadesheim, or should I say death?

:eek::painter::eek:

Thanks alot for +reps and kind comments guys

sorry for also going latin and trying to find a word for a snake-like thing (I ended up with Vermis too lol)

Hurrikane

lol i saw that mate...... great minds :p

I absolutely LOVE the Reavers idea (Shades of Firefly, perhaps?)

The concept of maturity turned to Battalion size is genius...

And no loot til the last one is downed, ofc...

Good work :thumbup:

I absolutely LOVE the Reavers idea (Shades of Firefly, perhaps?)

Actually is was named after a group of mercenries from Marvel Comics, wasn't till recently i realised that they were the bad guys in firefly too :)

Actually is was named after a group of mercenries from Marvel Comics, wasn't till recently i realised that they were the bad guys in firefly too :)

Well, in some ways it turns out that the Reavers are actually Victims, rather than just Baddies...

No the real baddies in Firefly/Serenity are The Alliance, ironically enough ;)

Back