Question: What Are the Plans About Graphics?

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
I'm not asking about content or quantity, this is just about the quality of graphics.

The current rendering engine isn't new and an update seems reasonable from a player's perspective. I understand that not everybody owns the latest computer hardware, but that's what such engines usually deal with on their own. For those with newer equipment it may result in better graphics (greater detail, more sophisticated effects, ...) and better utilisation of their GPUs/CPUs.

VR was introduced a while ago, which might also be something on the way. I haven't heard about it since then, though.

Cloud gaming is also something that may sound like a good option even though it's rather new. I mean it would probably solve a few graphics issues, reduce some overhead for maintaining the client software and increase the stability of the client. I don't know if those additional costs for housing that would outweigh the benefits, though.

I mean maybe you have a few ideas and options lying around, maybe one or two evolved from a post-it note into something or maybe there are already a few things that you know won't happen.

So: What are the plans about graphics?

PS: I'm also not asking about a timeline or anything as that wouldn't get answered anyway :)

Back