Question: what are the shops selling and where?

which way you prefer to get info what shops are selling?

• Ingame directory provided by MA

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • EF addon

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • web directory of shops created by the third party

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • suggest other way below ...

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

TigerSkin

Prowler
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Tariel TigerSkin Rustaveli
if I want to know what the shops and where are they selling ...
and at what price ...

what are the ways I can get that info?

I like finding stuff stocked that's listed in entropiawiki.com

if I want to know what the shops and where are they selling ...
and at what price ...

what are the ways I can get that info?

U could always "go shopping" :)

in game would be best.

In game would be best, but MA|FPC has said nothing about that - if it does appear, it'll probably be a no warning version update someday?...

It would be nice if they would say if they are going to do it though since lots of folks in community seem to be doing stuff in random places...

- shop threads here on ef
- shop threads/yellow pages on ep
- entropedia
- entropiabay

and probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

MAIN PROBLEM with all of the above is that it's not auto updated... an in game directory would be better since it would be. Another big problem with the above is it requires shop owners to do a heck of a lot of cutting, pasting, and editing in numerous places, usually for each and every item in the shop. That gets to be a very huge burden.

If someone can do a community forum/website like the above and somehow integrate cut/paste functionality in to it in a similar way to the way Bob the Builder's website finds you what you can make based on your MY ITEMS cut and paste and filter it in a way similar to Entropia Inventory Tree http://x1z.net/EU/ it would be the closest thing that we could get to an ingame setup without it actually being an ingame directory (I'd definitely prefer the ingame directory though myself, if it would be possible).... would be neat to cut/paste in to something like Entropia Inventory Tree, hit the + and - buttons to x off the stuff that's not in the shops, or that are in the shops but not for sale (furniture, lamps, etc.)... but even that could not be fully automated like an in game directory would be since MY ITEMS does not list markup, does not seperate what is in different locations or specify which estate items are in (it just lumps all items in any of the avatar's estates together as being in ESTATE - even if the avatar in question has 2 or more estates)...

If MA can do it ingame, that'd be best. If community can do it, making it as automated as possible would be nice. If community has to do it, would be nice if MA improved the MY ITEMS listings to include markup, include shop location, etc., so cut/paste from MY ITEMS could be auto-parsed by some website, or maybe even made in to an rss feed someday?

Another reason it should be in game... community websites can be corrupted... It is not too long ago that EF itself here was infected by a couple of virii that were spread from the bad ad software that EF was using. That sort of corruption can happen on any website... but it's not as likely to happen in game where MA says is a safe environment.

As far as my shop goes, the thread on it in the shops section of the forum here gets updated a lot. Link in my sig leads to my blog where I update the location of that thread (put it out there since my blog needs a few more hits, and also because I sometimes change the thread location from time to time.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Marco|FPC View Post
FPC is discussing this with MA. From my POV the shops needs a higher level of usability and quick-search directories. Among other enhancements.
Awesome. Did not see that posting, or remember it if I did see it. Would be very nice if they do an in game directory! :) ;)

MARCO - I absolutely agree with the above statement! This is even more true as more planets open as it will become more and more difficult to find shops as new planets open, each with their own shops, since there will simply be more places to run around to to find shops.

I´d like a "Pricerunner" version of it where you could do a search for the best price for the item needed. It would be good for the customer and encourage shop owners to compete with prices and not only by "location cause its close to a tp or whatever" it would draw people to smaller shops or perhaps even shopkeepers people have in an apartment or something. It should include prices from auction, regular shops, shopping boths and shopkeepers also inlcuding prices for transport if it´s on CND or somewhere else

Back