What are you using to film EU?

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I have been trying a few programs lately to try and make some videos about EU.
But they all ended pretty bad, can you please tell me what are you using to film EU?

I have been trying a few programs lately to try and make some videos about EU.
But they all ended pretty bad, can you please tell me what are you using to film EU?

Get Fraps or debut for free

I use Fraps for both screenshots and video.

I use a registered Fraps version. Fraps is great, and registering it is worth it imo -but the free version is great too!

I already use fraps to take screenshots but isnt there a limit to how long it can record, 2mins? Mine's un-registered :(

The limits and watermark is removed if you buy Fraps, plus you then get to take screenshots in jpg,png and tga -not just bmp.

The limits and watermark is removed if you buy Fraps, plus you then get to take screenshots in jpg,png and tga -not just bmp.
Oh I already found a way around the bmp thingy. I just edit the pics in paint and save as jpg :D, problem solved. Guess I want a video capture of decent quality thats free wo limitations...

FRAPS (registered) until I can find a better one which doesn't impact so much on FPS. :cool:

svideo cable out of my vid card direct into a VCR / DVR combo unit and burn straight to disk.. no system resourses wasted recording and quality is what ever res you play on.

If MA or FPC wants us to take screenshots or make movies then is up to them to arrange that to os in the game.
Because if we use other software then we use 3:rd part software and it is not allowed here.:)

So every time MA or FPC want me to take a screenshot, I usually remind them of this.

As others have said - Fraps is great.
I like Fraps.
I've always used Fraps.
I made like 100 movies with Fraps.

Did I mention .. Fraps ?

:D

ps - $37 for a lifetime of limitless filming abilities, updates, and jpeg screenshots, is very much worth it in my opinion.

This program uses 180mb of storage something I'm not happy about from other programs. Is there any reason at all why you recommend this over all else?

If MA or FPC wants us to take screenshots or make movies then is up to them to arrange that to os in the game.
Because if we use other software then we use 3:rd part software and it is not allowed here.:)

So every time MA or FPC want me to take a screenshot, I usually remind them of this.
:laugh: Funny, even Hanne recommend me Fraps a 3rd party program. But good one though made me giggle :D.

As to Trina's comment, for me a little impractical sorry.

This program uses 180mb of storage something I'm not happy about from other programs. Is there any reason at all why you recommend this over all else?

:laugh: Funny, even Hanne recommend me Fraps a 3rd party program. But good one though made me giggle :D.

As to Trina's comment, for me a little impractical sorry.

As usually MA has know this problem for years but still they have not fixed tath for the players ---> Think because it dont give them any money.

Btw..Fraps is a cool software. :)

as most advised - FRAPS

yeah, there is no limit on length of movie, but it is splitted in several files if long enough, at least that's what happens with version 3.2.2

Oh I already found a way around the bmp thingy. I just edit the pics in paint and save as jpg :D, problem solved. Guess I want a video capture of decent quality thats free wo limitations...

hmmmm... why doing something hard way?
this method is ok if you have 1 or 2 files to convert, but it's extremely uncomfortable if working with more

there are programs that convert your photos/screenshots automatic, you can even resize or change colors/gamma levels

i used Advanced Batch Converter in past, but i'm sure there is plenty others, even free ones

Last edited:
xfire can record high quality videos and it is free, you can set it to record from a few seconds in the past so if you hit a global just start recording and you will get it on video. You can edit the videos using windows movie maker.

It's free and makes flash movies... Fraps is cheap alternative though. Other software is out there too.

Sufficient PC to Run EU and FRAPS at the resolution and frames per second you select.

Fraps

Seperate IDE or SATA hard drive (Not USB. Throughput, baby, yeah!) for fraps recordings. (Imagine your poor hard drive heads on a single drive system trying to thrash around getting EU Data, reading and writing swap file, and writing an avi file all at the same time!)

FRAPS limits the size of AVI files because the AVI format is limited to 2 or 4 GB, depending on type 1 or 2. This is because when the AVI spec was authored, the hard drive file allocation systems in use were FAT or FAT32 (Maybe NTFS too, but those years are now fuzzy in the old geeks head). There wasn't much sense in making a file format that could excees the maximum allowable file size of the target OS. :)

Last edited:
Seems everyone votes for Registered FRAPS :D. Thx for ur replies guys :)

Back