What armor to upgrade my ghost + 5b's?

Mr Odyseo

Old
Society
TheAncients
Mr Odyseo Angel
Hello guys, I came back to the came a couple months ago, and have been using my old setup Ghost + 5B's with EP-41 Military, Adj + A105 Imp. And have been kind of bored of the level of mobs I can hunt without dying in 3 hits. Kind of looking for suggestions on what armor set to get next, or maybe just upgrade my 5B's? Not really sure what is out there these days, so making a post here lookig for some guidance..

Cheers!

Check the new guide on Armors:

First post has a FAQ and that's one of the most common questions people have asked me so I answered it there in detail :)

Hello guys, I came back to the came a couple months ago, and have been using my old setup Ghost + 5B's with EP-41 Military, Adj + A105 Imp. And have been kind of bored of the level of mobs I can hunt without dying in 3 hits. Kind of looking for suggestions on what armor set to get next, or maybe just upgrade my 5B's? Not really sure what is out there these days, so making a post here lookig for some guidance..

Cheers!
What type of mobs are you trying to hunt? if you just want the next step up ghoul or phantom could be a decent option with not to bad of a prices for the protection each set offers. Jarhead could also be an option if you just hunt cut/stab/imp mobs.

Consider adding a adjusted restoration chip , which gives you a 30 second window of healing as you shoot.

I would suggest to increase EVADER so that you can not be hit 70% of the tiems and your time to kill rise
then rise HP swinging some knifes or swords to ahve a bigger HP pool
then rise DPS so that you can kill faster (take off more hp)
the increase Leech (get a summer20/xmas 22 combo on rings)
with a 100 dps tool you will get 10 heal per second, 600 per minute.
if you need more, you are in the wrong place.
GL

I would suggest to increase EVADER so that you can not be hit 70% of the tiems and your time to kill rise
then rise HP swinging some knifes or swords to ahve a bigger HP pool
then rise DPS so that you can kill faster (take off more hp)
the increase Leech (get a summer20/xmas 22 combo on rings)
with a 100 dps tool you will get 10 heal per second, 600 per minute.
if you need more, you are in the wrong place.
GL
Very nice tip for rings.combo cost like 45K peds and not everyone can afford it
He is using ghost +5b and adj military do the math and

Best tip i can give is hunt the mobs /robots where is evade/dodge higher 5 levels from their level so you will receive way less hits.Someone mentioned adj resto,thats a very good investment if u can afford and now is cheap avarage +4k for it.
For the armor i would rather pay slicely more and buy ghoul then phantom because of the repairs.Depends how much do you care about it at the end of the hunt.For the cost of those repairs when u do bigger mobs in my case would be more reasonable to use cheap L armors for occasional bigger mob hunts.
Adj boar is perfect but pricey.
Anyway evade/hp and adj resto is what u need.
I bought adj nemesis and mixing with plates.Got 190hp and level 40 on evade ,using adj resto and got a backup fap just incase.I can hunt a lot mobs with it..If i really want to go bigger out my levels i use L armor and still try to take less dmg as i can..move backwards etc so i make it sustain longer.
Not sure what rings u using but athenic augmend / ares ( mod/aug/perf) or even chris ring 2021 would be great.
All depends what is your budget what you didnt mentioned.

Very nice tip for rings.combo cost like 45K peds and not everyone can afford it
He is using ghost +5b and adj military do the math and
WELL... going from 19 defense to 30 defense is anyway 30k
Phantom is marginally beter than ghost (negligible)
that is why i focised on Evader (FREE aparte kill gost TT loss)
HP (same ad evader)

And instead of purchaing a POE, ANGEL FEN, Merry Mayhem that range in the 30...45k
fff
Let's just grab a Easter 23 (JUST TRADED UNDER 7000 ped see today post in forum)
and add 4% leech to sustain the fight.
add a hallo 18 or 19 as you can afford and thater you go,m much better than the armor s above

again a Resto chip, yues, it is very low coast and is a transition to 65 biotropic ((L) Resto chips start point)
but needs to alternate fight and heal, it is threfore if fight takes more tthan 30 second increasing the regeneratiion risk

adding 3 point of defense is useless.
if OP has not ready 25k ped for upgrade then codexing for EVADER is best solution.
supposing he KNOWS the actual prices i find it as a prerequisite to have 30k ready to think to an upgrade.... otherwise...
just look at cheap (L) armors specialized for each monster (thunderbird is a nice RDI armro tha cost NIL, because as Legends explains, under 110% (L) armors cost less than UL to use

Last edited:
It's mentioned earlier here but imo, Adjusted Resto should be a priority if not already own one, after that depends on how much you wanna spend.
I still use Phantom at lvl 80ish, and can hunt most things.
Might want some acid/cold/elec armor if doing those types of mobs but phantom/ghoul is very versitile.

A lot of tips here, and they are all great in their own ways.

I think that the advice you need and the questions that you are asking is not aligned. As such, i will refrain from answering your questions, and instead provide advice that I think might do you more good long term.

I believe that any gear change should have a purpose, and that as such getting answerd to the question "how/what should i change" has no value.

What you instead should do, in my opinion, is ask yourself;

What are my goals?
What opportunities would I like to pursuit in order to facilitate advancement towards my goals?

By answering these questions you should be a couple of steps closer to having answers to the questions in OP.

For me, equipment is all about providing opportunity. If there is something you would like to do but are unable to, armor might help for now. If you do not know which opportunities you would like to pursuit, it is impossible to answer the question "what should I change?"

What I would also do. Is upgrade the plates Adjusted/Imp 5b.

Ghost is pretty standard all around armour and upgrades from it are costly.

Depending what you wanna do, maybe its not an upgrade you need but a new set to open other mobs.
as far as upgrade. I think Epik is about spot on with phantom. its a stronger ghost that can use your plates

mod viceroy is pretty good but the downside is that its soulbound

Liakon still one of the best armors for the bucks. Might worth do a simulation, ped per protection point. Liakon is decent for imp cut stab and it's really top in merry mayhem.

Liakon still one of the best armors for the bucks. Might worth do a simulation, ped per protection point. Liakon is decent for imp cut stab and it's really top in merry mayhem.
I think its a bit overpriced but thats me..its mostly because of Cold protection which u dont need much except in some occasions and i would rather use Polaris L which has crap Mu and easy to loot.
Still i love this kind of discussions,even i learn a few..

Cheers

Some awesome advice here-
if you dont have a restoration chip- get one it will make quality of life so much better!!! and will make your current armor viable for much more

then id suggest for armor-

Lion- the best armor there is before you spend some real ped on other armors

Angel- 30+K but really good

Shadow- 50-60k better

Mayhem - 75-100k (id say one of the best armors in game will cover you for all big mobs and all events (mayhem events)
(this is actually my exact progression through armors as i was upgrading)

then theres bigger ones to look after- Perfected gorgon (200kish) Modified Shadow (200kish+++), upgraded angel, wormslayer, twen, etc etc but these are rare and hard to come by if you can find them for sale that is

Note - there are more options like- imperium (but it has lower stat protection so would suggest getting more defensee skills before considering

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions, all equally useful. Thanks for taking the time to give me this info. I appreciate you guys :D

just look at cheap (L) armors specialized for each monster (thunderbird is a nice RDI armro tha cost NIL, because as Legends explains, under 110% (L) armors cost less than UL to use
Can someone explain this? Is it cheaper to use because of the higher durability?

"
2. Limited has 10k more points of Durability:
The research on this isn’t complete yet but according to all observations so far, 10k more points of Durability is equal to a 10% reduction of the costs of protection, i.e. about +2 hp/pec, or expressed yet another way, will provide a 10 PED savings per 100 PED of armor decay. The subject of Armor Economy and Durability will be covered at great length in the next post."

does it have to do with this? ^^

Can someone explain this? Is it cheaper to use because of the higher durability?

"
2. Limited has 10k more points of Durability:
The research on this isn’t complete yet but according to all observations so far, 10k more points of Durability is equal to a 10% reduction of the costs of protection, i.e. about +2 hp/pec, or expressed yet another way, will provide a 10 PED savings per 100 PED of armor decay. The subject of Armor Economy and Durability will be covered at great length in the next post."

does it have to do with this? ^^

So, the part where Msturlese says :...as Legends explains, under 110%, (L) cost less to use than UL..." I never really said that or implied it either, in fact if you read the guide further, you see that I argue AGAINST it because the markup is not compensated for in the loot:

(excerpt from my Armor Guide)

So as you can see, we need to consider the markup that we had to pay on this Limited Tiger armor, which is not going to be returned by the loot system.

If I paid 108% markup on that Tiger Armor overall, then that 100 PED of decay actually cost me 108 PED and here's what we get:

Net Armor protection costs:
Tiger (M,L): 108 - 95 = 13 PED
Tiger (M): 110 - 104.50 = 5.50 PED

So although at the end of the day, my overall expense for protection was 2 PED cheaper using the Limited Tiger, I only got about 88% of it back in the loot and so my net protection costs were more than double that of the Unlimited Tiger.

On its own, the higher Durability value of a Limited armor would not be enough to justify choosing it rather than it's Unlimited counterpart. A much more likely reason would be that it's a 'pay-as-you-go' option rather than the large amount of PED that's required upfront when purchasing a nice Unlimited Armor set.

If you read the whole post, you get a lot more context from it then just this little part so I would recommend that.

At the end of the day everyone has to figure out for themselves how much money they are willing to spend on protection. For me, I'm perfectly willing to spend up to around 108% without any issues because I feel that the convenience of being able to just grab a mid level armor that's appropriate for what I want to hunt is worth it, as opposed to having to find a seller, pay a huge sum of money for the armor and then having my PED trapped in that armor until I sell it again... It's just very inconvenient, time consuming and costly.

Last edited:
Chelydra + Incision plates is an awesome combo to consider

I sold my ghost brought L and it decayed quicker than I expected. Feel it works if you barely get hit.

Sitting with lion +5bs now and will upgrade to adj/imp 5bs shortly

Works for me

Back