What did/would you pick and why? Rextelum - 60k Points Mission

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Hey there.

I'm curious to see what people would decide to take if/when they finish the 60k point rex mission? I'm torn between the big longblades skill implant and the 60 evade skill. I have only rifle and hg skills, with less than 1k melee (combined) skills. With the introduction of all these new eco and nice dps melee weapons coming out, I am leaning towards the LB skill implant to allow me to venture more into the melee world. Am I crazy to pick this over evade? I'm currently lvl 30 evader and almost 150HP by the way. I own an UL Tier7 Assassin R150, hedoc mayhem, and boar set UL as my current hunting set up.

Let me know what you would advise and what you would pick if you had to decide. I'm curious to hear the responses.

Thanks!
-Hyp

The Entropia Master Rextelum Exterminator.
Objective: Earn 60000 Rextelum killpoints
Reward:
Stamina (100 Tokens) and Longblades (eq. 168.50 PED implant) or
Stamina (100 Tokens) and Inflict Ranged Damage (eq. 111.00 PED implant) or
Stamina (100 Tokens) and Evade (eq. 55.42 PED implant) or
Longblades (eq. 194.10 PED implant) or
Inflict Ranged Damage (eq. 127.50 PED implant) or
Evade (eq. 63.75 PED implant)

Link to mission and rewards:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mission&name=The_Entropia_Master_Rextelum_Exterminator.

I took evade and stamina on completion of the 60K Rex, on the basis is would improve the chances of doing prot mission almost instantly and maybe open further doors to other larger mobs. Not to mention the overall savings in armour damage moving forward on the spider mission.

It's a hard choice as the cost of LB skill is not approx 3 times less in value than evade if bought. 168 ped of LB is a hell of a jump in skill if you run a lot of melee.

As much as I was also torn between the two, i took the sensible option rather than look at total skill count. so I guess it all depends where your priorities lie.

It didn't seem to make much sense either to take LB and chip some out to buy evade.

Rick

i would say, use this tool: http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

there u can see what effect on your HP the longblade skill would have, or also to what Level the evade implant will get u. i can say, the 50 ped evade from Spider iron helped me, but only raised me one Level. (Evade skill counts only 25 % for your evader Level)

u Need to decide yourself if u like HP or Evade more.

I would not take the reward because maybe one day mellee weapons will get better (or not...)

Last edited:
Stamina + Evade, no question about it.

Stamina - Can only be earned through missions, gives a nice health boost.
Evade - Nice boost to defense, means you save money on defense costs, can survive melee attacks longer and hunt higher levels with same armor.

Sorry to say jeanni, but unfortunately no HP with Longblade skill otherwise that would have been a first choice for sure.

All melee HP is gained from associated/support melee skills, such as courage and melee combat, combat reflexes etc.

Rick

I took evade and stamina on completion of the 60K Rex, on the basis is would improve the chances of doing prot mission almost instantly and maybe open further doors to other larger mobs. Not to mention the overall savings in armour damage moving forward on the spider mission.

It's a hard choice as the cost of LB skill is not approx 3 times less in value than evade if bought. 168 ped of LB is a hell of a jump in skill if you run a lot of melee.

As much as I was also torn between the two, i took the sensible option rather than look at total skill count. so I guess it all depends where your priorities lie.

It didn't seem to make much sense either to take LB and chip some out to buy evade.

Rick

Hey Rick.

Thank you for your reply, but I am not sure what you meant by the bolded statement above?

I used PEauction.com to find the % of LB and Evade skill implants and did the following math:

Evade: 55.42 (TT) * 20.0315 = 1110.14573 = 1110.15 PED + 100 points in Stamina
Longblade: 168.5 (TT) * 9.4158 = 1586.5623 = 1586.56 PED + 100 points in Stamina.

Difference of 476.41 PED. + 100 Points in Stamina regardless of course.

I'm probably not going to be much help here, but I'll tag this so I can see what other more knowledgeable people will say and I love these theory crafting exercises, I'll give my 2 pecs fwiw.

If it were me, no question, I'd take the stam + evade.

Just in terms of skill prices, evade is always a very high price to buy.

In terms of the game, its all about maxing dps and lowering costs, I'd stick with your main prof and lower your cost with evade.

In terms of your profession needs, It looks like your main prof would be blp rifle, you probably don't have a lot of evade because of the ranged dps, and probably won't need it if your going to continue with that main profession. But, I would guess just about everyone might say you can't have too much evade. But if your dropping everything before it gets to you with dps, then how much do you really need? I guess it goes to your playstyle, but if your tanking at all, go for the evade.

As for melee dps, well, its always been kind of a sideline in this game for as long as I can remember, I started with 1x0 axe and worked my way up to Katana blades, but switched over to BLP before I sold out. Rifle and Pistol have always been kind of the mainline dps profs. So when I started back, I just focused on Laser Pistol. If I were you, assuming your main prof is Rifle, I'd just stick with that until you get all your unlocks, then you can go diversify into other profs like melee. Your going to need evade and hp for that anyway, and since your hp is only 150, you can look forward to skilling melee to boost your hp later.

But if it were me, assuming you don't have those dps unlocks in your main prof, I'd just get the stam + evade and focus on getting those unlocks in your main prof for now.

:twocents:

Last edited:
As I'm not a melee hunter I would definitely pick the evade + stamina option

Hey Rick.

Thank you for your reply, but I am not sure what you meant by the bolded statement above?

I used PEauction.com to find the % of LB and Evade skill implants and did the following math:

Evade: 55.42 (TT) * 20.0315 = 1110.14573 = 1110.15 PED + 100 points in Stamina
Longblade: 168.5 (TT) * 9.4158 = 1586.5623 = 1586.56 PED + 100 points in Stamina.

Difference of 476.41 PED. + 100 Points in Stamina regardless of course.

LOL..yeah I didn't phrase that in the best way, but your calcs say what i meant. The value of LB is worth more, although sometimes it's not always about the money (so says Jessie J).

I'm probably not going to be much help here, but I'll tag this so I can see what other more knowledgeable people will say and I love these theory crafting exercises, I'll give my 2 pecs fwiw.

If it were me, no question, I'd take the evade.

Just in terms of skill prices, evade is always a very high price to buy.

In terms of the game, its all about maxing dps and lowering costs, I'd stick with your main prof and lower your cost with evade.

In terms of your profession needs, It looks like your main prof would be blp rifle, you probably don't have a lot of evade because of the ranged dps, and probably won't need it if your going to continue with that main profession. But, I would guess just about everyone might say you can't have too much evade. But if your dropping everything before it gets to you with dps, then how much do you really need? I guess it goes to your playstyle, but if your tanking at all, go for the evade.

As for melee dps, well, its always been kind of a sideline in this game for as long as I can remember, I started with 1x0 axe and worked my way up to Katana blades, but switched over to BLP before I sold out. Rifle and Pistol have always been kind of the mainline dps profs. So when I started back, I just focused on Laser Pistol. If I were you, assuming your main prof is Rifle, I'd just stick with that until you get all your unlocks, then you can go diversify into other profs like melee. Your going to need evade and hp for that anyway, and since your hp is only 150, you can look forward to skilling melee to boost your hp later.

But if it were me, assuming you don't have those dps unlocks in your main prof, I'd just get the evade and focus on getting those unlocks in your main prof for now.

:twocents:

Thanks for the full response here, Mac. I guess I already goofed up since I skilled (naturally) up to 6.7k hg, mainly using Laser except the last 1k or so skill with blp, before switching to Rifle and not unlocking Commando. My highest professions are 52 hit 51 dmg in blp hg, with rifle trailing behind around 47/48 due to this. The reason I went to rifle was to abuse the range and take down mobs I couldn't tank easily if they had full hp using HG. I guess I would be shooting myself in the foot again if I want to unlock commando by switching to melee, but something about the possible 5k skill boost along with changing my set up from R150 to like a sir-50+good DPS/eco longblade is intriguing to me. I'm hoping that enough responses change my decision to take the evade which is useful for all professions, not just one :p

Thanks for the full response here, Mac. I guess I already goofed up since I skilled (naturally) up to 6.7k hg, mainly using Laser except the last 1k or so skill with blp, before switching to Rifle and not unlocking Commando. My highest professions are 52 hit 51 dmg in blp hg, with rifle trailing behind around 47/48 due to this. The reason I went to rifle was to abuse the range and take down mobs I couldn't tank easily if they had full hp using HG. I guess I would be shooting myself in the foot again if I want to unlock commando by switching to melee, but something about the possible 5k skill boost along with changing my set up from R150 to like a sir-50+good DPS/eco longblade is intriguing to me. I'm hoping that enough responses change my decision to take the evade which is useful for all professions, not just one :p

You can see I edited my post to include the stam + evade, I was not being clear by just writing evade, seeing Nighhawk'ss post reminded me of the stam option because I overlooked that before. I agree with him, my advice would be take stam + evade. If you haven't done melee, you will get a lot of skills fast when you want to do it down the road. Its the old depth vs breadth question. Some people like to diversify, some people like to focus, At the end of the day, its your game, your money, do what you enjoy doing and don't agonize or beat yourself up because of your decisions.

My first time around I tried a little of everything, laser pistol, melee, rifle, MF. This time around I'm laser focused ( pun intended) on going deep in two profs Laser Pistol (Hit) and Ranged Laser (DMG) to get all my unlocks by hook or crook! Then I'll focus on getting to lvl 100 to maxing UL Non-SIB weapons in those main profs, because that is what is going to give me the ability to scale up for events, or do eco MU farming. Only then will I consider going wide into some other profs, or unless Laser Pistol becomes a less attractive option because of game changes.

My :twocents:

I rank rewards as follows

1 ALWAYS take stamina
2 Increases HP
3 Contributes to Evader
4 Contributes to main hunting profession
5 Non of the above ..why did i do this mission :scratch:

So imho you should really choose between stamina+evade or stamina+IRD .

A.k.a a decent boost to defence or a small boost to ranged dmg and since Killstrike is so hard to reach any boost to ranged dmg is worth considering .

I would choose full evade (maybe evade+stamina if i'm very high skilled and 1 HP costs me few 10Ks to chip). The rest are useless and mostly worthless by value too. Remember You can never go wrong with evade.

If I was you I would choose evade+stamina. Carry on shooting until commando. Once you get commando, go start melee skilling.

If I was me, I would take the same aswell, since evade is pretty much were my last serious unlocks will be that I need in the end. And never pass up the chance to gain stamina, its the only way to get it.

Even being actively skilling melee recently (5 -> 40 swordsman since last autumn) I wouldn't pick LB over Evade. I will gain that LB myself, no hurry, but I don't mind spending less on healing in process :)

And stamina is a must, of course.

Go for the longblades.. there are many choices of UL sib longblades now and the prices are dirt cheap compared to pistol or rifle UL sib.

I will pick stamina+evade when ready 56400/60000 ! I have 39 lvl evade and stamina+evade will get me over 40 lvl
Obi

I would choose full evade (maybe evade+stamina if i'm very high skilled and 1 HP costs me few 10Ks to chip). The rest are useless and mostly worthless by value too. Remember You can never go wrong with evade.
Same here, I wouldn't even bother with stamina myself just pure skill.

my highest skill is longblade hit of 50 and LB is the fastest skill currently at 70xx

i would pick stam + evade

i would think more if it was heavy melee skill

IMO there's no point in taking LB:
  • Few non-SIB LB worth trying to max
  • Great low-level SIB LB make skilling cheaply from 0 easy
  • No health contribution

I started doing the rext chain thinking it would be nice to get that big chunk of IRD, but when i did the calculations, even such a huge gain in IRD isn't very useful for those of us trying to improve our ranged damage. The problem is that most of the big damage contributors are unlocked skills and thus can't be gained through missions (wish that would change). So, if/when i finish that rext mission i'm not sure if i'll go IRD or Evade, but i'd definitely take the stamina.

Choose pure evade, and buy the LB skill instead. Evade is worth so much more in the long run with reduced decay and easier hunting.

Back