Question: What do you think the criteria is for getting the skill boost ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Is it time in game or amount of ped spent or both. I have only had 2 so it is hard to tell.

I have never had 2 in the same session. Has any of you had more than one in a session ?

Do you think the criteria is cumulative or resets each time you log in? Because of all of the lost connections I would hope it would be cumulative but I am sure MA didn't consider that when doing the coding thinking all would run perfect and that would not be a problem.

Anyway let me know what you think and thanks,
Peace

Could be any combination... but it will be changed in 2 months. ;)

To look at it a bit more seriously, I guess it's a ongoing progress where
you have to meet some criterias, otherwise it should be too easy to exploit.
(Never had any of those so far thou', so just my guessing based on other
systems in EU. ;))

Havent had one yet. Spent about 14-15k ped since VU. Maybe lost connections have something to do with not getting it but I have still been able to be online for 5hrs or so hunting straight a couple times since the VU.

A wild guess is that it somewhat connected to real time passed since the last time you go a boost. So a player that have not played for someways will have a higher chance to get a boost compared to one that have already got one the same day.

And what if it is random based on multiple individual factors selected at different times?

I think it's directly related to how handsome you look.

I haven't got any boost yet....

Ohhhh :(

I doubt it's based on peds spent or time in game. Might be time doing something ie hunting for some time and the longer you hunt the bigger the chance is, but most likely it's just a small chance on every "click" you do.

I have not had one yet.

Was thinking it was because of all the Dc's but I had a 2 hour run without a crash and still no boost.

I crash so much I don't even know what we're making fun of... Captain obvious to my rescue please?

A wild guess is that it somewhat connected to real time passed since the last time you go a boost. So a player that have not played for someways will have a higher chance to get a boost compared to one that have already got one the same day.

I wouldn't think so because the would players to stay logged off more and I don't think MA would want that. IMO only.

How do you know when you get one? Is there some message that pops up?

If I were MA, I'd make it PEDs_spent divided by session_time (so that probability and size of the boost is proportional to PEDs/hour) as I would not want you to spend my precious server capacity (/sarc) for idle chat in Twins or staring into the storage.

But then, I'm not MA, and perhaps fortunately so - I could prove to be much more evil. :evilking:

Have heard of some1 having 3 in 1 session and another 1 getting teleportation skill boost for 5 minutes (that one I found incredibly funny).

My bet is that it's random.

I got mine after 18h playing & shooting non-stop, sadly i got the boost at a bad moment. The popup inflicted so much lag that it prevented me from fapping so I died and lost the boost :p was a 102% in 7 mins if i recall.

EDIT: mob i got it from was plongu stalker

got one after maybe 200ped cycled in a few hours (DC all the while as well)

8% pyro boost for 5 mins

How do you know when you get one? Is there some message that pops up?

Not sure what the video is or which one to choose but you will know as it shows a large banner and there will be no mistake on your part that you have one.

I think it's directly related to how handsome you look.

I haven't got any boost yet....

Ohhhh :(

Got one boost :)

So it must be a mistake :duh:

Anyway, after pretty much exactly 2 hours shooting little drones (without dc !). Been there hunting them some time now, so no idea if its time/ped consumed/mob killed/random trigger.

Logically, if it's fair (yes it's possible even in EU :tongue3:) and even noobs have the chance to boost, it could not have the ped spent or absolute mobsize as parameters.

Maybe it's strength depend on peds spent and the chance is how big the mob is comparing to your level?

/Jaeger

Logically, if it's fair (yes it's possible even in EU :tongue3:) and even noobs have the chance to boost, it could not have the ped spent or absolute mobsize as parameters.

Maybe it's strength depend on peds spent and the chance is how big the mob is comparing to your level?

/Jaeger

I hunt the same mob (Droka Mission) and I have had quite a few of them and they range from 23% to 146% with a duration of 5-17 minutes. As I start all the runs with the same amount of ped I would have to say that amount has nothing to do with unless there is a threshold on mob or ped spent, but all of my runs start at 50 ped so the amount spent is small and drokas are not what I would call an big mob. After sometime I think it is more on time spent in the game during the session and there is a threshold that of time that must be met and then it is random after the threshold is met. Also it seems that if you get SC or crash the time resets and you must start all over again.

I suspect it is random mostly.

I did 3x 1k ped runs over the weekend and during the first run, had it twice, second time was almost immediately after a 10 mins break, whereas the first was about after 500 peds burn.

Next run, I only had boost once I think. Third run was split in 2 (handed in a mission) with a couple of hours in game doing other things in between. Both halfs, I got a boost.

Boosts ranged from about 30% to about 160% and duration was from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.

i've gotten boosts all the way up to 200% in mining, and a few translocation that i didnt check for % since i dont tp often. havnt gotten one for hunting yet. it seems like a chance encounter to me: you have X chance on every use. fastest i had in between was ~40 mining drops.

Back