What is Light ME for?

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
Pardon if this is a dumb question, but what uses light mind essence?
I have tp, electric and combustive , sync and heal chips and none of them can use it (the info on the chip also lists what type of ME it requires, but I tried refining some and testing them).

Last time I checked the Strike chips (Area damage chips) required Light Mind Essence atleast :)

I'll go out on a limb and say that light ME will be used for most of the yet-to-be-introduced mindforce abilities as well.

I think MA did a pretty good job with the 3 types:
Mind Essense - Basically for teleporting and supporting sweaters, highest MU due to tt-less sweat as ingredient.
Synthetic ME - Normal attack and healing chips - keeps them reasonably eco
Light ME - For the coolest of the MF attack and ability chips, some MU supports hunters and miners but allows more reasonable cost/use than old ME.

Reactions: CMS
Thanks for the replies!
I obtained an electric strike chip and played with it. Nice damage stat, but a range of 34 meters means it's about useless in pvp, and the 20 sec cooldown period also limits it's usefulness. I haven't a clue about the eco.
One thing to note: the difference between cooldown and the standard weapon recycling action. On a standard weapon, you can't do anything until the weapon reloads. On the strike chip, you can immediately switch to another weapon; you just can't reuse the strike chip again until the cooldown expires.

One thing to note: the difference between cooldown and the standard weapon recycling action. On a standard weapon, you can't do anything until the weapon reloads. On the strike chip, you can immediately switch to another weapon; you just can't reuse the strike chip again until the cooldown expires.

This is an interesting change. I think the chips state that you just can't use any item in the same "cooldown class" until the cooldown expires. I didn't check, but I'd guess all the strike chips will be in the same cooldown class. Maybe the area heal chips will all share a different cooldown class.

ss-2010-06-14_17.54.14.jpg

Ok, we have learned that you are an anti-social obnoxious buffoon, but what else did you contribute to the thread?

Thanks for the replies!
I obtained an electric strike chip and played with it. Nice damage stat, but a range of 34 meters means it's about useless in pvp, and the 20 sec cooldown period also limits it's usefulness. I haven't a clue about the eco.

Is not immediately.
You have to wait reload, after reload come cooldown period in wich you can swich.
Its same when you wait slow gun to reload to be able to change to fap.

So chip is ready to start concentration period after reload + cooldown.
And after each shoot you have to wait - reload, cooldown, concentration.
Even if you do so, next shoot will newer happen if you have few mobs arround you - you will be interrupted.

Is not immediately.
You have to wait reload, after reload come cooldown period in wich you can swich.
Its same when you wait slow gun to reload to be able to change to fap.

So chip is ready to start concentration period after reload + cooldown.
And after each shoot you have to wait - reload, cooldown, concentration.
Even if you do so, next shoot will newer happen if you have few mobs arround you - you will be interrupted.

Gee, that sounds like loads of fun :rolleyes:

Ihave been using the electric chips. they use sme. I have never had problems of concentration when hit, yet, nor cooldown stuff. it works just like a regular weapon, but with cool visual effects.

LME though, yeah i guess it's those area damage ones.

Here is how the Strike Chip works for me. Notice how I can switch to gun immediately. Notice my unreasonable rage against a chirpy.
[YOUTUBE]ea6g3tf_Os4[/YOUTUBE]

Here is how the Strike Chip works for me. Notice how I can switch to gun immediately. Notice my unreasonable rage against a chirpy.

Errr, looks to me like you don't switch immediately. You charge it, aim it, fire it, then there is a reload that happens during the strike animation. After that reload you switch to the gun and fire.

Errr, looks to me like you don't switch immediately. You charge it, aim it, fire it, then there is a reload that happens during the strike animation. After that reload you switch to the gun and fire.

True enough, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the cooldown does not delay switching? Whereas on another slow firing weapon..a Marber for example..you would be stuck in limbo for the whole cycle. I guess it is a question of why is there even a difference between this and say a Marber.
Another subject for future debate.

heres another idea for LME...

cars, they need fuel right, or is this gonna be refined oil?
or more eco cars that burn on different animal oils?

maybe a bit off subject but i think cars could be a viable source for LME...

arkon

Hi.

I looted today from Furor mob one Combustive chip I (L), that use Light Mind Essence.

Is level 18 Pyrokinetic, i not have level for use but i try equip, and option is not available.

Greetings. Milesio.

Hi.

I looted today from Furor mob one Combustive chip I (L), that use Light Mind Essence.

Is level 18 Pyrokinetic, i not have level for use but i try equip, and option is not available.

Greetings. Milesio.

Which implant do you have? The TT implant only allows use of chips with a required profession level of 10 or less, as far as I know. You might need a new mindforce implant. I'm sure there is a list of which implants can take which chips - somewhere.

Which implant do you have? The TT implant only allows use of chips with a required profession level of 10 or less, as far as I know. You might need a new mindforce implant. I'm sure there is a list of which implants can take which chips - somewhere.

I am using tt implant. Thank you for your answer.

Greetings.

Is it just me or has the drop rate gone down massively? Like to 1 or 2 bottles per drop and hardly any at all anymore?!? :scratch2:

Is it just me or has the drop rate gone down massively? Like to 1 or 2 bottles per drop and hardly any at all anymore?!? :scratch2:
I think it has now when you mention it, maybe not so low but lower then it used to be, not enough data to support it tho it's just a feeling

Back