Votes: 42 30.4%

• Total voters

cuilwenevey

Prowler
Banned
Society
Temporal Destinies
Cuilwen Evey Arnold
Being in the game for now a year and listening to the Radio Stations That are offered in EU. Here are a list that I tuned into once in awhile

What Radio Station do you listen to the most and why? - is my question
Do take your time and do mention the name(s) of the DJs if you like.
because if you had to rate the radio station and their DJs - it would be a great think if MA would give out awards.

you can find all the radio stations at
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/radioandtv.php?station=1
to tune

the top Three Radio stations:
Atlas Haven Radio http://www.atlashavenradio.com/
MindStar Radio http://mindstarradio.com/
Jambot Radio jamhotradio.com/

the lesser ones:
Classic Rock
Grab Bag
House
House 2
Rock

Last edited:
Yes I picked Atlas Haven

and the DJs that i would name for the Top three would be
RavenJade because of her great personallity that brings life to her shows.
Omega for he has that voice that makes you melt.
David Westmoreland - He has a quietness to it and the comedy of it.

but i can't leave out Justin who just started his talkshow and it is very informative.

Ahh so many! I'd have to pick AHR, but that the only one I listened to so far so I might like the others more... I wish there was an in game player for them!

maybe one day MA will give us radios to carry around so we can tune in while in came. :)
I have seen a few mmo's that do have ingame radios that you tune into while in the game and not have to open up another window

thanks to Jeff for giving me the websites for MindStar and Jambot.
much appreciated.

AHR baby :clap:

(and with two portuguese co-patriots, it just get's better :clap: )

From my perspective ... why does there have to be a poll to determine which radio station is the best. Why can't it be just the EU community choosing what they would like to listen to and when, depending on what their mood is. All 3 radio stations have provided entertainment for the community, with content that doesn't necessarily meet the liking of all people, that's why there's a choice. IMO ... a poll like this doesn't support the radio stations working together for the benefit of the community, but rather makes it a competition rather than a choice. If all 3 radio stations were to offer the very same thing, then maybe a poll might be optional.

Besides ... when Oleg's boxing event concludes at the end of the month, MSR is going silent permanently. However, 711 envisions many radio stations, so if any of you have creative ideas about a new radio station and have the time and licensed radio software (you can always purchase it), then talk to 711.

Last edited:
I really don't see this so much as a competition of which one is the best, as which one people are most familiar with, I have listened to a couple of them and have enjoyed all of them. I have listened to AHR more often, and that does not mean the others are of lesser quality, just the one I usually tune into. I am really going to miss hearing MS9 and MSR. But hope to be able to run into you all in the future in the game.

Atlas Haven of course :D

Me Myself and I

I get all channels... all the time... some TV.... including an ancient Gilligans Island episode that is reflected back by some unforseen planet out beyond our solarsystem... the launch codes for the apocalypse... as well as any old alien radio signals left in background radiation of the universe.... all through a metal filling in my back left molar...

"What? The professor has built a radio out of a coconut... Well come hear little buddy... Desiree... jamhot... launch alpha zulu... mindstar... Mork"

:scratch2:

What Radio Station do you listen to the most and why? - is my question

Polls which do not reflect the OP annoy me.

Your OP question, which seems moderately legitimate to me is "what Radio station do you listen to the most", and yet your poll does not get anywhere near to doing the job required to answering this. Instead the poll asks: "what is the best radio station". This is a problematic question, largely due to the ambiguity of "best", but furthermore, the best radio station, and the most listened to might not be the same.
How so? Well imagine a radio station that is largely unheard of, but is by all definitions, the best one. Also consider that the poll question might attract participants that are particularly passionate about a certain station and so if one station has less listeners (but more passionate ones) then the results will be skewed.

This is all ignoring the fact that these polls are scientifically questionable (at best) anyway.

Please people, if only for my sanity, think about you poll questions. :)

Polls which do not reflect the OP annoy me.

Your OP question, which seems moderately legitimate to me is "what Radio station do you listen to the most", and yet your poll does not get anywhere near to doing the job required to answering this. Instead the poll asks: "what is the best radio station". This is a problematic question, largely due to the ambiguity of "best", but furthermore, the best radio station, and the most listened to might not be the same.
How so? Well imagine a radio station that is largely unheard of, but is by all definitions, the best one. Also consider that the poll question might attract participants that are particularly passionate about a certain station and so if one station has less listeners (but more passionate ones) then the results will be skewed.

This is all ignoring the fact that these polls are scientifically questionable (at best) anyway.

Please people, if only for my sanity, think about you poll questions. :)

In Another Perspective you can Read What is The Best Radio? For You self...

What radio you think its the best...I think she meant that lol.

I Vote AHR ofc.

I have known sap for nearly a year now. We met when Max started NBK-E.
I think Sap and I were the first 2 members if memory is correct.

So history and politics did sway my vote.

:yay:AHR:yay:

Though they need a blues day imo. (hint, hint)

Every time you don't vote for Jamhot Marco Urinates in the loot pool :-D

::shameless plug::: Be sure to tune to Jamhot radio this Friday! 20:00 Ma time! For Mixed up Moogle :)

Besides ... when Oleg's boxing event concludes at the end of the month, MSR is going silent permanently.

:cry: Noooooooo! I will miss your nice round purple... voice...

:yay: Atlas Haven Radio :yay:
All the dj's do great jobs and play awsome music:laugh::wtg:

Back