What is your favorite type of music?

What is your favorite type of music?

• Total voters
rock, mostly ;)

Heavy metal is only one genre of metal, where are the rest? :laugh:

My life made of music...
I love every genre of music, just matter of the mood :)
Sometimes you feel very happy and powerfull so you listen for heavyest metal ever to rock! :))))
But when you are tired... sad about something you listen for clasics... something that calms you down... :))
Chery lady :cheer:

Punk , crust and grind mostly.

blues
picture.php
, jazz
picture.php
and metal
picture.php

Darkwave, ebm, industrial, electro, dance, techno, dutch hardcore, new wave, goth (except the american crap), tanz metal, electro folk, modernism, punk cabaret, trance, rave, dark chill, :scratch2: prolly more, but all I got atm :)
...oh, classical, especially heavy sound like Dvorak, well anything except opera
also, goa, some trash metal, some chock metal, nu-metal, experimental electronic (like vangelis), freestyle electro, aggrotech, electro funk, futurepop,...

Ok, next time I rather state what I don't like :D

D&B IS ENTERTAINMENT, HOUSE IS LIFE, TRANCE IS RELIGION :dance:

Hehe well beside that i cinda like all music since workin as an deejay lot befor , but what i dont listen 2 or play is folk & hiphop :zzz:

I was never good at playing favorites. I`ve lived music and can appreciate so many types for so many different reasons. I`m not a big fan of country or opera though. ;)

DnB, jungle, oldskool breakbeat, nu skool breaks, ahh anything jazzy, funky, or dark n nasty :D

i prefer classic rock

especially Queen :headbang: :headbang:

In addition to those I voted for, Ska and Punk :yay:

Voted Other.

It's been a while but i like my trance. Lazy nights, freaky lights and bongo drums, sweaty bodz stomping away like zombies with pipes in hand and bare skin affection on a liquid heaven dance floor. Lovely

Good ol days

Oh, and being a music nerd, I had to point out that you (Stave) might want to check your use of Popular Music, just noticed it in the Poll options:

"Popular music belongs to any of a number of musical genres, and stands in contrast to art music, and traditional music which was disseminated orally. Although popular music sometimes is known as "pop music", the term pop music usually refers to a specific musical genre." - Wikipedia

I think you used it instead of Pop Music, since I would've expected to see that in the list, instead of Popular Music.

Also, I personally see no difference in Traditional and Folk music, however I take your Folk option to mean the modernised version of Folk music, probably the acoustic singer/songwriter stuff that's so-called Folk these days.

Classic Rock and Rock... Necessary?

Peace.

Depends on my mood:

Rock, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal, Power Metal, Symphonic Metal, Industrial Metal, Industrial Electronica, EBM, D&B, Trance, Synthpop, Technopop, New Age, Triphop, Agrotech.

Some of the groups I've listened to recently:

Edge of Dawn
Seabound
VNV Nation
Apocalyptica
Within Temptation
Kamelot
Mind.in.a.Box
Kronos Quartet
Zeromancer
Second Person (great, little-known triphop group from the UK)
Smile Empty Soul
Ozzy
Elis
Angtoria
Suicide Commando
Funker Vogt
Imperative Reaction
Aesthetic Perfection

Too many others to keep listing.

I am for Techno and Trance. :yay:

Industrial Folk Rock

(genre yet to emerge but I'm right there at the cutting-edge when it does) :cool:

I like wery different type of music, almost in every type are some wery nice examples :) But commonly i'm listening alternative/progressive rock, heavy/doom metal, jazz, chillout, ambient. :wtg:

Techno, agrotech, hardstyle, ftw. :D

Back