What was your MAIN reason to buy CLD?

What was your main reason for buying CLD (only for current owners)

• I bought it mainly for the income (ROI)

Votes: 79 77.5%
  • I bought it because I want to own land and build a house

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I bought it because of the political influence

Votes: 9 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
When CLD were introduced, we were promised three things:
1) ROI
2) The ability to own land and build our own house
3) Influence through a political system.

My question to you (only if you currently own CLD): what is your main reason for buying your CLD?

Well my main reason was to support the developer of the game i enjoyed so much over the years.
If i have to choose between the three options i would say for the weekly peds you get. Really don't care about the other two options.

Everything is built around money and profits. Period.

For income, of course. I don't believe in or care of the political system and don't think that building a house will be reasonably affordable or worth it.

I bought for all three, but mainly because values will be directly tied to the other two when they come out.
IMO positively.

And I also bought to support the game, and a reserve of capital for other opportunities that might come up.

and probably another big reason for me, is to keep PED off my card. So I am not tempted to blow it on a whim. :)

Overall on the poll itself I would pick ROI (weekly), with more options, probably not.

I paid 43000 PED for my 43 CLDs, of which I still own 41. If there was no ROI associated with CLDs and just the future promise of the property and voting gimmicks, I guess I might have been willing to part with 43 PED for the 43 CLDs.

The poll is flawed in that it only allows one option. I bought my first CLD for 2 & 3 both. The rest are for 1, 2 & 3. :)

Primarily for the income, secondly for the potential political power in the future. Land and housing means virtually nothing to me, as there is little to be gained there.
If I had to put percentages for the reasons of the options given, it'd be as such;
1: 80%
2: 19%
3: 1%

My question to you (only if you currently own CLD): what is your main reason for buying your CLD?

I think previous owners deserve to have voice too :D

I bought a LOT of CLD's on the basis of hoping to own enough to 'never' have to deposit again. That was the only reason in all honesty.

Then i woke up and realised that if I didn't own CLD's there was more of an incentive for MA to keep me interested in their product, rather than take my CLD div every Monday evening :D

Problem with answer??? It's a game, in a game,.... in agame, and then some x

Rick

ROI, kinda a reverse ped cycle system for me. spend the ped first on cld, then play with the returns.

I bought it to see how the game is going week to week..forgot that option :)

My main reason to buy my CLD was to give myself a reason to continue playing the game by "connecting" myself to the game through a "CLD Share" and making myself "part" of Calypso. Otherwise, I would probably barely play the game anymore. I was also really excited about the possibility of owning even a tiny piece of land since the only other estates I have is 2 apts and the possibility of actually participating in some form of political system was interesting. However, of the 3 things listed for the poll, the main reason was the ROI as it was the only thing of the 3 things that was more or less "guaranteed" since there was no way of knowing how long it would take before MA introduced the other two systems seeing as how they are always so slow to do anything. The ROI also does help as I'm a freeplayer and sweat is worthless.

to keep generating ped while I am not logged in.

I did it for all 3 reasons, and also because it works as a kind of "savings account".

One of the hardest things in this game is making the jump from 1 level of equipment to the next without making a big deposit.

So I deposit my normal monthly amount; and I take 10% of all my globals and HoFs, together with my CLD income, and buy more CLDs. When I have enough to aquire the next piece of equipment I want I will liquidate or trade them directly for the item. And then I will start the process again :).

Of course there will always be 9 that I keep :).

voted for 2

Main reason i ma still keeping in mind is that i belive large stack of deeds may become small LA plaers can have aditional small revenue from. Maybe not with DNA and fert, but mining only or events only... smth like that.

I sold all my CLD and very happy now :)
NO reason for buying...for current price

For me it seems that the supply has decreased. Those who have paid attention to CLD sales when the auction prices started to rise rapidly might have noticed something too. I quite often saw that the auction was close to empty - 1-1.5 pages with mostly 1 deed auctions (a lot of them overpriced), some 2s and maybe only a few 5s or 10s (sometimes none).

I'm not going to run around in a tinfoil hat saying MA is silently buying them back, that would be only possible in very small amounts, would be unethical and dangerous to their reputation. Could it be that the number of CLD owners is decreasing and large "investors" are owning more and more deeds with every week, by reinvesting their weekly gain, Land owners buying CLDs with their tax income, more deposits from wealthy people etc?

I find this scenario troubling. A random average player with a few deeds, 10, 20 etc. will most likely use this income to buy a new gun, fund his activities, buy new clothes etc. But what does a person with lets say 500, 1000 deeds do? Unless they are gathering funds to reinvest they will most likely start to withdraw money regulary. With 500 deeds its ~ 8k ped a month, I woudn`t mind a nice withdraw every 1.5 month or with 1000 deeds a nice withdraw monthly. Or just save up a bigger sum by waiting a bit longer.

MAs gamble with CLDs was that they offer high returns, hoping that most of the money will stay ingame and make the players stay longer here. Could it be shifting in the future?

For me it seems that the supply has decreased. Those who have paid attention to CLD sales when the auction prices started to rise rapidly might have noticed something too. I quite often saw that the auction was close to empty - 1-1.5 pages with mostly 1 deed auctions (a lot of them overpriced), some 2s and maybe only a few 5s or 10s (sometimes none).

I'm not going to run around in a tinfoil hat saying MA is silently buying them back, that would be only possible in very small amounts, would be unethical and dangerous to their reputation. Could it be that the number of CLD owners is decreasing and large "investors" are owning more and more deeds with every week, by reinvesting their weekly gain, Land owners buying CLDs with their tax income, more deposits from wealthy people etc?

I find this scenario troubling. A random average player with a few deeds, 10, 20 etc. will most likely use this income to buy a new gun, fund his activities, buy new clothes etc. But what does a person with lets say 500, 1000 deeds do? Unless they are gathering funds to reinvest they will most likely start to withdraw money regulary. With 500 deeds its ~ 8k ped a month, I woudn`t mind a nice withdraw every 1.5 month or with 1000 deeds a nice withdraw monthly. Or just save up a bigger sum by waiting a bit longer.

MAs gamble with CLDs was that they offer high returns, hoping that most of the money will stay ingame and make the players stay longer here. Could it be shifting in the future?

Truth is Maximus has singelhandely kept price at 1300 ped (or under for faster sales) all this time. He has obviously decided that 1300 was a good price to get out, 30% profit + revenue. It went too slow tho, so he had a few mega sales to speed things up. Now he is out of deeds, or not selling more for another reason. Naturaly the price start rising towards it's true price where buyers meet sellers.

Will be alot more unstable price now with ups and downs btw, unless we get some good speculators to buy and sell. Also odds are deeds are now spread out on alot more people then before.

Why would it be unethical for MA to buy back the CLD at a price above the one they received for it...?

Why would it be unethical for MA to buy back the CLD at a price above the one they received for it...?

It would be unethical for them to buy them back in secret and stash them on MA/Calypso owned avatar in order to decrease the total amount of ped paid out to real players, and continue saying that there are 60k CLDs on the market (or a bit less, since there are deeds still being looted).

If for some reason they decide to officially announce a buyback option for a number of CLDs at a pre-defined price, that would be a different situation, different story.

It would be unethical for them to buy them back in secret and stash them on MA/Calypso owned avatar in order to decrease the total amount of ped paid out to real players, and continue saying that there are 60k CLDs on the market (or a bit less, since there are deeds still being looted).

If for some reason they decide to officially announce a buyback option for a number of CLDs at a pre-defined price, that would be a different situation, different story.

Don't see how that's a problem. If they are willing to pay market price for it, then that's well within their rights.

It's only a problem if they force people to sell it to them, which wasn't the case here.

Don't forget if they are paying market price then it is already 40% above the original price. Paying a 70% premium to use money for 1 year is not a good deal at all from MA's prospective(if you include the ~30% return people got so far from weekly payouts).

Don't see how that's a problem. If they are willing to pay market price for it, then that's well within their rights.

It's only a problem if they force people to sell it to them, which wasn't the case here.

Don't forget if they are paying market price then it is already 40% above the original price. Paying a 70% premium to use money for 1 year is not a good deal at all from MA's prospective(if you include the ~30% return people got so far from weekly payouts).

So lying and maybe even a fraudulent activity by giving false information about CLD payouts, amount of CLDs in the market is not a potential (never said they are doing, just a hypothetical) problem? Some people accused MA of lying about the big CLD sale, saying it's nonsense and this buyer does not exist, some later said Maxim is just a double avatar of MA. In case that would be true, that would still be normal? I'll better stop this argument right now, because it will lead nowhere.

So lying and maybe even a fraudulent activity by giving false information about CLD payouts, amount of CLDs in the market is not a potential (never said they are doing, just a hypothetical) problem? Some people accused MA of lying about the big CLD sale, saying it's nonsense and this buyer does not exist, some later said Maxim is just a double avatar of MA. In case that would be true, that would still be normal? I'll better stop this argument right now, because it will lead nowhere.

If Maxim is an avatar of MA, then I do see a potential problem. However the other theory you are saying before about MA buying back CLDs on market, I really don't see a problem since it doesn't affect the rest of us.

Before we even talk about the conflict of interest, I do want to note that the buyback theory is extremely unlikely.

1:Unless they contact big holders directly, they simply cannot buy any meaningful amount on auction at a reasonable price.

2: Also consider MA's cash position, if they are really going that well so they can buy back CLD, then they probably don't need to issue CLD in the first place. We all know what's going to happen had MA not got those 6 million USD from the CLD sale.

Basicly ROI, but as i know more of the game from my friend players id say the Political system aswell. Would be so nice to help with the decition making around theese parts!

The main reason i bought them is my inability to deal with the auction house anymore and the low markup on manny items i loot. After cycling my monney 2 times on hunting i tt most loot and buy cld's from it and deposit new cash. Yes i know its hillarious but thats how it is. Over one year i managed to get 26 deeds doing this. If i didnt done this i probably had some minor higher skills but the same near zero ped card balance i have now :laugh: I always read something like " I spend 10k 20k 30k 50k dollar over x years in eu and have nothing to show for it expect skills..." on this forums. Im death scared i will be one of them some day and thats why i buy this damm deeds.

The main reason I bought CLD's was due to 'whip lash betty'

She ran a lady of the night house just north of Corinth east hangers. Rumour has it the hangout has been pretty popular since 2008 with a few high flyers in the game. Anyhow membership was based on temporary loan of 5 CLD's collateral.

I only went there to watch the pole dancing.

Rick.

Back