Help: what's my next gun?

One of the best ways to find out what the next weapon suited to your skills is - is to go to Atlass Haven and head out to the Weapons Museum. This, I belive is spread over two buildings these days next to each other. I could actually go straight to it but I forget which direction to actually take. Perhaps someone will help out here ...

The weapons are on the walls , displayed in order of use. But I believe this is also geared around only the Calypso Weapons and maybe a little outdated with all the new gear we have had introduced in recent times.

One of the best ways to find out what the next weapon suited to your skills is - is to go to Atlass Haven and head out to the Weapons Museum. This, I belive is spread over two buildings these days next to each other. I could actually go straight to it but I forget which direction to actually take. Perhaps someone will help out here ...

The weapons are on the walls , displayed in order of use. But I believe this is also geared around only the Calypso Weapons and maybe a little outdated with all the new gear we have had introduced in recent times.

Thank you for your reply~

the other alternative is to put your profession levels into entropedia and sort either by DPS or DPP to find either the most damage you can do or the most eco you can be.

Learning how to do this properly is very useful, as then you can answer your question yourself any time you like or your profession levels change.

I want to get rid of my opalo.:scratch2:
my laser sniper is 13.:)
which gun is suit for me?:confused:

Your best choice is a Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 + A102

I want to get rid of my opalo.:scratch2:
my laser sniper is 13.:)
which gun is suit for me?:confused:

Since with each update we are getting many new weapons i must admit that i am really loosing track what is good/bad weapon and what "gun ladder" looks like nowadays. There used to be "weapon charts" thread in Items/Weapons sections but it seems it is gone now (probably becasue it was out of date due to many new weapons).

I will try to help anyway based on info i can find. You provided to little info so i will try and asume some things.

Considering you said yo are laser sniper 13 i will asume you are laser (dmg) around lev 10 (usually its like that). When choosing weapon you should always look for weapon that you are maxed with both profesions (hit and dmg).
I will also asume that you are looking for laser rifle (since you mentioned that you have been using opalo so far).
Next thing i will asume is that you are looking for best dps you can get atm with still good eco.
Sadly there is no good UL laser rifle in low level range that you could buy (there are Breer series but they have high TT values and probably will be hard to get).

If information on Entropedia.info is not too much out of date then curently yo should be maxed with those weapons:
Breer M3a (L)
Herman LAW-5 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-5 Desert (L)
MarCorp Kallous-3 (L)
Riker UL1 (L)

You should also get energy amplifier to improve your damage and eco: either Omegaton A102 or A103
(Breer M3a (L) and Riker UL1 (L) have to little damage to work with A103).

So it seems best choice would be: MarCorp Kallous-3 (L) + A103 amp
with effective dps 19.8 and eco 2.929
Next best choice is: Herman LAW-5 Arctic/Desert (L) + A103 amp
with effective dps 15.4/15.0 and eco 2.963/2.965

I am at work and can't get ingame to check if they are avaible at auction and current markup on them but it seems reasonable and best choice atm for you.

Falagor
:bandit:

Do not buy L in this case (you will pay % MU for each rifle...). Pay MU once and use for long time :)

Xent Tech X3 + A102

eco: 2.957
dps: 13.34

Maxed: ~13 lvl

Do not buy L in this case (you will pay % MU for each rifle...). Pay MU once and use for long time :)

Xent Tech X3 + A102

eco: 2.957
dps: 13.34

Maxed: ~13 lvl

I would not recommend you to buy a UL gun at this low lvl. This depends on how much you play ofcourse but buying a UL gun maxed at lvl 13 means that after one week you can go up to the next gun again and then you would have to sell this one.

As soon as you get to the 50-60dps guns you can aquire a UL one that you can stick with for a long time without feeling that you are missing out on higher dps L guns since the UL ones can be used with enhancers for more punch when this is needed. Things might have changed since I was back at those lvls but I think that you should be able to find guns like this at around lvl 30-35 and that won't take long time to skill up to.

minim, I do not agree.
Price for UL weapons with 50 or more DPS is from 10-15k PED's
Player with opalo reached lvl 13, then it will use the X3 a very long time without paying anything to crafters.
Upon reaching level 25, he will sell the X3 for the same money.
Paying MU - reduce your eco!

X3 price = tt+360 - tt+400 PED

I would not recommend you to buy a UL gun at this low lvl. This depends on how much you play ofcourse but buying a UL gun maxed at lvl 13 means that after one week you can go up to the next gun again and then you would have to sell this one.

A nice small Rifle is always good to have when you are low on money ingame and your next deposit is faaar away or when you are just not ready to loose much :) ... I really like mine :wtg:

Eco UL chain:

1. Ancient Red Scorpion + A101 (10,87 dps, 2,969 eco) (~500 PED)

2. Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 + A102 (13,34 dps, 2,957 eco) (~500 PED)

3. Herman CAP-10 Smuggler + A103 (21,27 dps, 2,932 eco) (~2000 PED)

4. Philosopher Sword (28,54 dps, 2,915 eco) (~10x120 PED = 1200 PED)

5. Isis Zero-Three + Fi/Ra/Co Beast (40,98 dps, 2,911 eco) (~5500 PED)

6. Calytrek CR Spirit MK I + Fi/Ra/Co Dante (54,94 dps, 2,947 eco) (~20-25K PED)

7. Omegaton ASG-12 Bucketful + Fi/Ra/Co Dante (65,45 dps, 2,956 eco) or CalyTrek CR Spirit TEN + Fi/Ra/Co Dante (65,84 dps, 2,966 eco) or Herman ASI TEN + Fi/Ra/Co Dante (66,93 dps, 2,961 eco) (from 30K to 50K PED)

8. Emik Enigma L4 + Fi/Ra/Co Dante (75,06 dps, 2,953 eco) (~50K PED)

9. Doa Slugstorm + Fi/Ra/Co Dante (83,19 dps, 2,971 eco) (~50-60K PED)

Use missions to gain another skills, if you use laser weapons for start!

minim, I do not agree.
Player with opalo reached lvl 13, then it will use the X3 a very long time without paying anything to crafters.

The bolded one is a very optimistic assumption. Who knows how many more X3 will drop, and what next VU may bring?

UL laser amps mostly seem a safe buy at the moment, however.

Who knows how many more X3 will drop, and what next VU may bring?

Ok, but for LAW-5 Desert (L) is at least 6 PED of MU for each rifle.
Suppose you buy a new rifle every week.
54 weeks (1 year) = 54 x 6 = 324 PED.

minim, I do not agree.

Oh sorry I didn't know it was that cheap :) Then get that gun and use it for a couple of weeks until you have lvl 25-30.

Aren't you forgetting a lot of UL eco weapons? Like Montgomery Anabolic? Montgomery Diabolic? Imperium Officer XT? Ozpyn LR S1X3? LR32 Mod? EWE LC-100 Frontier? LR53 Mod?

nope ;)

IMO:
Montgomery (all types) - laser, high damage, eco, but not so effective for me, because when you use it, you need a couple of A105 or A106 (high price, low TT laser amps, they give a little bit for weapon eco (or enormous price of new amps!!!)). And your amps will be used up quickly.
Officier XT - for 1-2-3 Longtooth (figuratively) and used up lol
Ozpyn - maybe, but unaccessible now, 2-3 guns ingame
LR32, LC-100 or LR-53 same problem like with Montgomery.

As a example - LС-100 (19000 uses) + A106 (2000 uses) - you need at least 2-3 amps for one hunt session. (Beast or Dante - 5000 uses!)
A106 = 2000 (or more) PED, but need two or three for one hunt - unacceptably for me. I choose instead Zero-Three + Beast (less eco, yes, but easy and cheap to buy Beast for it)
Yes i use 5-7 pcs A103 with my CAP-10 Smuggler, but these amps is cheap! A105, 106 - not

My opinion - starting from ~40-50 dmg/s - only BLP

Last edited:
M-ray 2000 is a good UL alternative with a101.
Low Mu for decent eco... wayy better than your opalo's eco any day :D

Back