Where do the shares come from?

Tilarium

Provider
Something I was thinking about the other day when my friend told me she signed up for an account. Do the shares from the deeds come only from deposits made on Caly? Only from deposits by Caly "born" characters? From deposits from everywhere in the galaxy?

Income from CLD come from income generated by avatars.

Part of the income goes to Mindark, part to the planet of origin and a part to the planet where the income is generated.

50% of Calypso income goes to MA, 50% - to the First Planet Company AB, which is the planet partner that controls Calypso (and is a subsidiary of MA). 50% of the latter - so the 25% of the total sum - is split among 60k deeds. Search the forum or just this section, it was chewed over innumerous number of times.

On caly, it is a 50/50 split for caly born avatars. If the caly born avater, goes to ark, ark gets 50 ma gets 25 and cld get 25.

If an ark born avatar is on ark the revenue is 75 to ark 25 to ma when on ark.
On caly, they give 25 to ma 25 to cld and 50 to ark.
Roughly......

On caly, it is a 50/50 split for caly born avatars. If the caly born avater, goes to ark, ark gets 50 ma gets 25 and cld get 25.

Roughly......

i though it was :
50% for MA
25% for the planet where ped is spend
25% for the planet where the avatar is born.

i though it was :
50% for MA

i recall that its:
50 MA
40 parent planet
10 activity planet

give or take (maybe MA doesnt take 50 but 45%?). the point of the model is to have planets bring their own player base in, not invite newcomers to take your established revenue stream.

i thought the planet partner got nearly 95% return and 2 % for universal and 3% for MA?

either way the only Way Calypso really generates the CLDS is when people play on that planet.

i though it was :
50% for MA

This is correct. +rep

then why would the PP have to buy the license to get only 25%?

i don't believe that is correct....... i think it's closer to 90% they receive

The whole 25%. Without having to have a coding team, to maintain the servers, to deal with any possible legal issues from the userbase, etc etc.

Not everyone got a share i guess? And the new arrivals get one? Or am i missing something?

OP asked about Deposits. Deposits and Withdrawals are not relevant when calculating PP Revenue; it is decay which is divided.

i don't believe that is correct....... i think it's closer to 90% they receive

why would MA give them 90% of their existing revenue stream? (remember, Planet Calypso released the CLD well after the managment had already split and a seperate company eixsts, albeit owned by MA as a parent. so thats different.)

90% of what THEIR OWN planet earns.......

Ark owners have nothing to do with calypso

Not everyone got a share i guess? And the new arrivals get one? Or am i missing something?

You're missing something entirely.

1) Only Calypso has issued shares.
2) Shares were issued over a year ago.
3) There are 60,000 total shares. No more and no less.
4) Players already own all of the shares that are currently on the market. There may be a few floating around in the loot pool as prizes.

So from that we can infer that new arrivals dont get a share, that no new shares are being generated, and not everyone has one.

Roughly......

It was that originally as I remember seeing it posted either here before the FPC forum switch or on EF but I think they changed it.

Which is why I think an independent PP would be nuts to try a CLD type sale. Calypso doesn't have to worry about cash income as MA will always keep it afloat but a PP would need to be seriously successful or desperate to give away half it's future income (effectively to MA as they keep the $ after all) for a short term gain.

But this has been discussed many times before.

Last edited:
Back