Where do you sell your sweat?

Jay212

Old Alpha
Society
Ouroboros
I only ask because I'm sick and tired of trying to sell in Port Atlantis and having my hopes of a successful deal dashed by frickin' scammers. I won't name names or go into detail, but it's getting very frustrating for a hard working sweater to turn a ped. So I'm curious, do those who buy sweat hang out anywhere else?

I'm not whining, really. I'm just pissed off at those who try to take advantage of new players.

What do you exactly mean by scammers; people who don't want to pay the price you want or real scammers?

I believe there are some "serious" sweat buyers at Nea's

I mean scammers as in people offering stuff from TT that's almost broken, or that I could get myself for a few peds instead of sweat that is (in theory, if not always in practice) worth way more even if sold at a ped a thousand. I've been offered busted settler armor, technician blueprints, a half dead opalo...

Maybe I'm wrong. Is it considered scamming to base trade value on maximum possible value, such as trading 0.9/15.00 armor harness for 3000 sweat? Or the markup on TT goods? :scratch2:

Thanks, I'll try again at Nea's :)

Last edited:
What do you exactly mean by scammers; people who don't want to pay the price you want or real scammers?

I believe there are some "serious" sweat buyers at Nea's

He means on ppl that are buying for 0.45 and then selling for 0.50 .

Most of my sweats was sold at sweat camp, I just go and sweat,sweat,sweat.. And when I see buying sweat ( I ask rate, if it`s good I run like hell to that guy :D ).

I was also standing at turret or at PA for about 2-3 hours and try to sell it.. But 50 % of time I not selled it..

So just go and sweat, when u see in trade chat that someone is buying for (your) good price, run to him ;)

Good advice :)

I have no real objection to buying low and selling high, it's pretty much how markets work. I edited my post to reflect the kind of crap I've been running into. I'd probably sell at .45 if I was offered cold hard coin :)bites to check authenticity: ) instead of stuff I'd have to try to foist off on someone else just to break even or feed into the TT and write off.

It is a good argument for depositing though :laugh:

Another advice, if u see someone that teleported to place where u sweat.

Run to him, do private chat ( not trade). Ask him if he needs constant suplies of sweat for his ME. If answer is no. Find another one :D

I never tried this ( but this thing just falled on my mind now ;) ).

Anyway it`s worth to try mate ;)

He means on ppl that are buying for 0.45 and then selling for 0.50 .

Most of my sweats was sold at sweat camp, I just go and sweat,sweat,sweat.. And when I see buying sweat ( I ask rate, if it`s good I run like hell to that guy :D ).

I was also standing at turret or at PA for about 2-3 hours and try to sell it.. But 50 % of time I not selled it..

So just go and sweat, when u see in trade chat that someone is buying for (your) good price, run to him ;)

To All the sweaters, heed Schism's :wise: words!

Standing around in PA trying to sell is dead time usually (not always) Go to swamp camp and offer your sweat for sale on the trade channel while sweating some more!

Dex :cool:

I used to be afraid of sweaters, but I'm getting over my angoraphobia :laugh:

I have sold to the same chap at least twice already, if I run into him later on I might see about FL'ing to cut down on the running around for both of us. Good idea :)

I mean scammers as in people offering stuff from TT that's almost broken, or that I could get myself for a few peds instead of sweat that is (in theory, if not always in practice) worth way more even if sold at a ped a thousand. I've been offered busted settler armor, technician blueprints, a half dead opalo...

Maybe I'm wrong. Is it considered scamming to base trade value on maximum possible value, such as trading 0.9/15.00 armor harness for 3000 sweat? Or the markup on TT goods? :scratch2:

Thanks, I'll try again at Nea's :)

armor drops with low trade terminal value.. you can repair it... if someone offered you .90 item for 3k sweat that is a rip off, I agree.

Be careful - too many folks selling sweat for .45 will establish the market at that price - bad for everyone in the long run. Like the others have said, decide on a price that you want to sell at and then just keep an eye out for a buyer at that price and/or offer in trade channel while doing something else.

Another advice, if u see someone that teleported to place where u sweat.

Run to him, do private chat ( not trade). Ask him if he needs constant suplies of sweat for his ME. If answer is no. Find another one :D

I never tried this ( but this thing just falled on my mind now ;) ).

Anyway it`s worth to try mate ;)

I sweat a little myself when I'm running low on ME, just a tiny bit when peds are low, but otherwise when I need some I buy at Sweat Camp, and maybe 1 or 2k at a time.

OK it's not major amounts and I do usually TP in from PA when I want to make a flashy entrance :D

I sweat a little myself when I'm running low on ME, just a tiny bit when peds are low, but otherwise when I need some I buy at Sweat Camp, and maybe 1 or 2k at a time.

OK it's not major amounts and I do usually TP in from PA when I want to make a flashy entrance :D

See, that`s what I`m talking about? ;)

Now Jay212, you send one nice PM to this guy, ask him to meet in game, you say ur price, add him on FL. And you have now 1 person to sell some. Ofc, he will not spend all in one day, but anyway it`s something ;)

octo, I`m not saying that u must buy from Jay :D That`s just example ;)

LOL thanks Schism :)

I've given up trying to sell until at least tomorrow night, I'm temporarily using wireless and the game's doing stupid things and only connecting every seven or eight times I try to sign in :rolleyes:

Since I don't want to get called a sweat pimp, I might hold off on mass PMing my rates to people I don't know - for now at least :laugh:

When I used to sweat I used the following technique:
Sweat until I have around 1k sweat, then:
The next time I die I take the tp to PA and see if anyone is buying. If not and if no one is selling sweat then I advertise 1k sweat at the going price. If no one has contacted me by the time my health is up to about 75% then I go back to where I was sweating and repeat.
This way I do not have to stand around at PA all day, only whilst I am waiting for my health to improve.

Back