Where has everyone gone?

vemon

Guardian
Society
Mistress, Priory of Soin
Videl Vemon Storm
Hey been playing for a while and is it me or does it seem like there are alot less peeps playing lately..the towns seem deserted. Rarly come across peeps hunting anymore....I even notice alot of the prices in the auction have alot of non- bids...i think from the lack of bidders. I really havnt changed my play times or anything and remember atlas haven being really busy with noobage incarnation and pa always has ton a peeps selling and buying...just not like it used to be ....Anyone else have an opinion on this or is it just me? Just seems like maybe Mindarc needs to make another island or something lol...Noticed it soon after this last update.First time in a long time where orange seemed scarce or are they just out hiding somewhere?

Things that worried me... Female nemisis harness going for 263 ped?

Fireforge 8000 at tt+130?

No shaking while trying to kill mobs cause of crazy miners.

puting 10 things in auction and getting 10 things back lol

noone needing sweat? whats up with that !!!

Just seems wierd.

Last edited:
Lots of people where I hang out. On average just as it has been for last year or so. Some night friendlist is all green.........some nights only 3-4 people on.
Yesterday sold all my auctions almost as soon they got up........today hard to sell.......it varies......nothing to get worried about ;)

happends like this evertime there is a VU ppl deposit they go nuts trying to loot the new stuff they go broke stop playing as much until next VU. then repeat.

Also depends on times and stuff cause corinth and twin are busy most of the time but can be apandoned sometimes too.

RexDameon said:
happends like this evertime there is a VU ppl deposit they go nuts trying to loot the new stuff they go broke stop playing as much until next VU. then repeat.

Also depends on times and stuff cause corinth and twin are busy most of the time but can be apandoned sometimes too.

Like that time I was alone at PA :eek:

Hitman said:
Like that time I was alone at PA :eek:

what a rare thing :p

ya alot of peeps are quitting/ not playing as much

really sad :(

I'm hunting Allophyls in Atlantis, Faucervix in Ithaca, Feffs in Fury, Corns in Argus, or just chilling in Peaks.

I am easy to recognize because I constantly speak about Lootius.

I went to EF :tongue2:
Taking a break from PE for a bit ;)

i see more and more people every single day :eek:

I still see a good number of people around even with the odd hours I spend in the world. Some are no doubt leaving, some are returning and new players are arriving.

Overall I haven't seen a major decrease other then a reduction in the number of new arrivals now that the TI publicity rush has mostly passed.

- Deathifier

For what it's worth - from a n00b's perspective...

I entered Project Entropia because of the Treasure Island publicity through the BBC news website, solely out of curiosity at the prospect of investing in a virtual economy. I am sure there are many tens of thousands who joined at the same time.

For Mindark, the publicity generated by the Treasure Island sell off was priceless.

I soldier on now with Project Entropia, slowly increasing my avatars skillset in the hope that I may be able to benefit from the virtual economy in the future. After all, the advertising for PE portrays this as a virtual economy foremost and not a game. As such I am prepared to take my time and enjoy the journey. I realise you are not going to make a living on Calypso (correct me if I am wrong) but it will be nice to know that after a certain amount of investment in time and money in the game I can more or less guarantee a few extra quid in my pocket at the end of the week.

However, for an economy such as this to work, it seems to me you have to have a large population base, and clearly the numbers of people who were intrigued by the TI publicity have for the most part not stuck around. This is very disconcerting for newcomers who visit places like Hadesheim for the first time.

One of the major obstacles I found to getting started was the wait between making my first deposit via credit card, and being unable to make subsequent deposits until I could provide a security number from my statement (two weeks later) - however I understand this is common in many places to avoid scammers.

I was amazed by the number of beggars I encountered, even as a newcomer from the moment I put Armour on i was approached by people asking for free this and that. In real life I am happy to help people in need, but these are people with computers after all, and huge amounts of spare time. I would be happy for Mindark to insist on deposits to play the game or at least an initial registration fee. Anyone who does not expect to put something in is a complete timewaster in my view, and not worth the admin overhead from Mindark. PE does not need to promote itself as a free to start game - more publicity stunts like the Treasure Island selloff will ensure that you get serious and commited players

I am sure that Mindark are looking at ways to retain newcomers, after all for any economy to succeed you need a large consumer base.

The game doesn't have to be profitable for everyone - However, people like myself will stick with the game only if we can see it working for some through a recognised development path. I hope to learn from others in this respect.

I've certainly noticed a lack of activity in some places. But I usually find that Port Atlantis is still bustling and some other areas are still full of people. I think market activity is dropped which is usually a sign that the post VU exuberance has worn off and its back to business as usual.

Aziphirael said:
I've certainly noticed a lack of activity in some places. But I usually find that Port Atlantis is still bustling and some other areas are still full of people. I think market activity is dropped which is usually a sign that the post VU exuberance has worn off and its back to business as usual.

Fair enough, but with all the publicity generated from the TI sell off should it be a return to "business as usual" or a rebirth as "a lot more business than usual"?

how does the "i'm not playing until loot is fixed" mentality that was prevelant after vu7.1 possibly play into the decrease in user base?

could the posts be true? i know i rarely follow through with those types of idle threats. hehe.

LOADS more ppl! :eek:

the n00bs all own 14 pairs of full goblin and a lot of pixie so no more ORANGE JUICE running around... :laugh:

but yeah a lot of inactivity from older players ive seen...

or skilling and such not real 'participation' in towns and social stuff

Seems to me Calypso is almost at the peak business I have seen it. Lots of the names I know are gone but they have been replaced.

DD
:evilking:

Just noticed like went to twins and pa ... eccept for the chorus line that was formed last night that they seem empty...nice tap dancing peeps lol...but ya wonder how they plan to get more people back

vemon said:
Just noticed like went to twins and pa ... eccept for the chorus line that was formed last night that they seem empty...nice tap dancing peeps lol...but ya wonder how they plan to get more people back

vemon, I just read this post again because I thought maybe I missed something. It seems that a few ppl think the population has gone down and a few ppl think it is the same, and a few think it has gone up.

DD
:evilking:

Hmmm- all I can say is .....
THE GERMANS ARE COMING! THE GERMANS ARE COMING!
:)
OK- seriously m8s, yes there are times I have noticed less ppl. There are times I have noticed more ppl. I have played this game 2 yrs now and I can say that for every old vet who no longer is around there are at least 10 newbs that took his place.
One thing that some1 pointed out to me ages ago was that most mmorpg's have a player life of six months or less... in PE most ppl stick around for something like 9 months on average.... if these numbers are correct, then MA is doing quite well compared to the competition and that would be the bottom line :girl:

btw- nothing wrong with these types of threads imo, but in some forums these threads snowball into something bigger than they are... I don't believe there is much to fear here... but debate away

vemon said:

Yes, I took part in the spontaneous disco myself last night - that was great fun! :dance: :banana:

:laugh: Be nice to have some more spontaneous raves - or organise days and places from this forum!

im sorry wasnt wanting to make a snowman or anything lol...just wondered if they might be spawning someplace new...or if there is a secret noob cave somewhere that is full of precious sweat...normally just go with the flow ...just seemed out of sorts from what i am used to seeing...have to say nice thing is not having to say every 2 minutes "no i dont need sweat" and no i dont wanna be your mentor lol :girl:

i took some screenies if you would like to see them i can add them when i get home ...that was fun:d

vemon said:
im sorry wasnt wanting to make a snowman or anything lol...just wondered if they might be spawning someplace new...or if there is a secret noob cave somewhere that is full of precious sweat...normally just go with the flow ...just seemed out of sorts from what i am used to seeing...have to say nice thing is not having to say every 2 minutes "no i dont need sweat" and no i dont wanna be your mentor lol :girl:

:rofl: Or perhaps you aren't hanging out in PA anymore? :laugh:

Have you posted your screenies yet? :tongue2:

ppl skill like crazy it seems to me ... they all hang out at my skilling ground :p

well i dont go to tooo buisy towns anyway ..but if i leave skilling i always meet ppl at the most remote places.. and EUdrias landmass has grown hugely :p

remember even not qualified ppl can go to amethera :p

PA and Twin Peaks still kill my computer most of times... :/

But I do think that there are less people hanging around in towns nowadays. Possibly its because of team chat and bigger FL (when comparing to two years ago). Now you can more easily chat even if you arent in town.

Also noobs tend to chat at sweating places I guess.

Faustian said:
I went to EF :tongue2:
Taking a break from PE for a bit ;)

excellent, now I have a chance to catch up a little :dunce:

RexDameon said:

When I'm on, Twin is usually pretty quiet. That would be typically about 9-12pm weekday evenings, Pacific time (California)

PA is usually quiet when I get on, but gets buiser by 10.

Cindywood said:
excellent, now I have a chance to catch up a little :dunce:
Never happen :silly2:

Back