Where would you hold registration for an event?

What is the best location for new players to access event tickets?

• Other - Specifiy in thread reply please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bagman

Old Alpha
Society
NEW CALY ALLSTARS
Josh BAGMAN Kinsmen
Gday All,

Just wanted to ask a question of those in the know....

What is the best location for new players to access event tickets?
Considerations:

• New player and lack of tps (new starter).
  • Distance.
  • Difficulty in reaching location.
  • Local foot traffic passing that may assist in reaching destination.

Why I ask this question is I thought of the Zychion event organiser who looks bored stiff chatting with the occasional colonist or wandering Feff. Please help me out with the poll.

May the HOF be with you! :cool:

Bagman

• New player and lack of tps (new starter).

This shouldn't be much of a consideration. If the new player can't reach the event organiser or land marker to register, then they will be disappointed if they have bought a ticket from the promoter elsewhere. For most events, if the player has never been to that location before then it is quite likely that they are not skilled enough to compete in an event anyway.

• Distance.

Event Organisers are always near tps, so this will only be an issue for Land Area events. Generally, if the Land Marker is far from a tp then you will find most people will turn up to register just before the event starts.

• Difficulty in reaching location.

If they have a ticket they will have to reach the Land Marker to register and they will also need to reach it if they are buying at the marker. Either way the difficulty in reaching the marker is the same. This shouldn't affect where the tickets are available but what level of player you are targeting your event at.

• Local foot traffic passing that may assist in reaching destination.

Most Land Areas do not have regular foot traffic going in the same direction, so this will not usually be of assistance. However, if the event is popular there will often be an increase in traffic from the local tp to the Land Marker in the hour before the event starts.

----

Generally I would say it is best to sell tickets at the Land Marker/Event Organiser unless you are trying to restrict the event to pre-selected individuals or you prefer a hands-on approach to marketing your event. All people that register will have needed to visit the Marker/Organiser anyway, so selling tickets elsewhere makes no difference to the need to travel to the Event Area before the start of the event.

BUMP

Thanks for the great reply Midori, my idea is just to use an event organiser to sell tickets and then use EF not the event area as I dont believe that the event parameters will permit my type of event.

If your reading this please have a say in a very new concept and great event for new or veteran players and cast a vote! :cool:

Many thanks in advance

Bagman

BUMP

Thanks for the great reply Midori, my idea is just to use an event organiser to sell tickets and then use EF not the event area as I dont believe that the event parameters will permit my type of event.

If your reading this please have a say in a very new concept and great event for new or veteran players and cast a vote! :cool:

Many thanks in advance

Bagman

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Event Organisers do not sell tickets, they just sell places at pre-booked events in that event area.

Are you trying to sell a set of tickets that you will be using to represent some other event that isn't in the event area? If so, you will need to create a "fake event" in that event area, buy all the tickets at the same time you create the event and then sell them yourself (you could place them in a shop if you want the sales to be automated). Of course, you will still have to pay the event creation fees to get access to your tickets.

The only thing that registering with an event organiser will accomplish is that there will be a list of registered names when the time of your event area booking comes up.

A bump for the last week of research before the birth of a new event.....

Bags

never saw this companion thread bagman.

New player?

New player might not have zychion.

Stand and advertise @ PA. That's where noobs hang. Or sawmp camp ;)

You have answered some of my questions regarding events too, Midori. I want to hold an event but not in any specific area. In fact, I want it to be pretty much in all of Endura. So I would have to set the event [really just to get a list of names of those that have paid], buy all of the tickets myself and then re-sell the tickets [so that the names are on the list].
Am I on the right track?

You have answered some of my questions regarding events too, Midori. I want to hold an event but not in any specific area. In fact, I want it to be pretty much in all of Endura. So I would have to set the event [really just to get a list of names of those that have paid], buy all of the tickets myself and then re-sell the tickets [so that the names are on the list].
Am I on the right track?

You don't need to do anything quite so complicated. If you are having a continent-wide event, you should forget about the official event system altogether.

Once you have decided how your event will work, post a thread in the event forum and take it from there. Some events need people to sign up in advance, like with the Swimming Olympics, while others rely on people to post global screenshots as with the Battle for Power.

One thing to consider is that as your event will be outside of the official system, you will have no automated method to prevent cheating, so plan your event well. I would strongly advise looking through old threads in the event forum to see how they were organised and how much of a response they received from the community.

As a final point, I have never heard of an event outside of the official event system that ever turned a profit. There may have been a few where the organiser was too shy to boast of their success, but I think it is safe to say that they are in the minority. Expect to make a loss.

ALL new players have new oxford TP, hold events at LA just north Exosaurs there. Can they kill an exo Stalker is real question? But your question was can they get there and Exo LA YES day 1 playing they can.

Back