Which high end armor to buy

rmkirk

Provider
Society
Apocalyptic
RyaN RyRy KirK
I just got a Boar set that should do for awhile. However I will eventually upgrade to higher end UL armor. My questions are which one to consider, at what price to buy, what level should I be to really need it, and buy individual parts over time (since I don't need it now) or buy the entire set when needed? Here are the ones I like...any input is helpful.

1. Angel
2. Eon-like this one but I don't hunt bots a lot or do PVP
3. Shadow-my favorite
4. Tiger-really like this one but not sure if I want to go through the trouble of getting it.

I just got a Boar set that should do for awhile. However I will eventually upgrade to higher end UL armor. My questions are which one to consider, at what price to buy, what level should I be to really need it, and buy individual parts over time (since I don't need it now) or buy the entire set when needed? Here are the ones I like...any input is helpful.

1. Angel
3. Shadow-my favorite
4. Tiger-really like this one but not sure if I want to go through the trouble of getting it.

(Take this with a grain of salt since I don't own either of these)

If I was in your shoes (which I am), I would go with Angel if you are set on UL armors. It's cheaper than it was before and good overall armor. No point in Eon if you don't do bots/pvp often. Shadow is great but more expensive of course. I don't know how I feel about tiger.. I guess I see it as a slightly better Jaguar set. You can also look into Lion armor as well.

But honestly, I would go with L armors at that stage. Perseus and other options are readily available and offer fantastic protection. It also lets you keep your PED more liquid. However, I enjoy my UL armors since I don't need to worry about buying new armor pieces, but that doesn't mean L armors are a bad choice. It's something you should consider if you haven't done so before.

Furthermore, you can buy many other high end L armor pieces like angel, chronicle, vain, etc at relatively low MU as well.

Hypnotik...I agree that Perseus is great. I use it a lot now. I figured I really don't need to consider Eon but I wanted opinions. Angel and Shadow are my favorite looking armors in the game. If Angel is significantly lower in price when I'm ready to buy, I'll get it. But the Cut, Stab, Penetration, and Burn protection is quite a bit higher on Shadow. I want to hunt bigger bots but not regularly, so I like that I would have that protection. Of course, I do have 6A plates, so I could put those on Angel. It will likely be price that determines which one I get when ready. And I'm kinda lazy when it comes to getting L parts, which is why I'm trying to avoid it if I can.

What mobs are you looking to hunt regularly in these armors? Angel and Shadow are just a difference in protection level, but Eon and Tiger have, to one extent or another, elementals they protect against. Tiger in particular is a much better balanced armor if you plan on doing mobs such as aurli, proteron, chompers, feffox, or thori shamans.

If, however, you're looking at atrox, spiders, falx, scips, and hogglo, the angel or shadow would be the better way to go.

Also, as a plug for my own sales, I am selling POTE, which is better than all of angel's stats, plus it has 12 acid (for the aurli and prots), and (Edit: Correction, 19) electric, which comes in handy vs oculus, evisc, and several other mobs.

Last edited:
What mobs are you looking to hunt regularly in these armors? Angel and Shadow are just a difference in protection level, but Eon and Tiger have, to one extent or another, elementals they protect against. Tiger in particular is a much better balanced armor if you plan on doing mobs such as aurli, proteron, chompers, feffox, or thori shamans.

If, however, you're looking at atrox, spiders, falx, scips, and hogglo, the angel or shadow would be the better way to go.

Also, as a plug for my own sales, I am selling POTE, which is better than all of angel's stats, plus it has 12 acid (for the aurli and prots), and 15 electric, which comes in handy vs oculus, evisc, and several other mobs.

Didn't even consider POTE....I never hear anyone talk about it so didn't think it would be easy to acquire. If I could afford it, we could talk further about it. But I imagine you want more than I can spend. Anyway...I would hunt everything you mentioned except for Feffox since I'm 1/4 of the way through the 60k mission. The Acid and Electric protection is good on POTE, so it's more desirable to me than Angel.

Last edited:
1. Angel
3. Shadow-my favorite

mayby:
5. Dune rider
6. Sand storm

mayby:
5. Dune rider
6. Sand storm

Those appear to be good armors. Are they difficult to get? Meaning would you have to get individual parts over time, or are there several sets out there (Male)?

The advantage of eon is that you can simply slap on some imp/cut/stab and thats it. Even if you dont hunt bots, you ever have to worry about them either. And it has some exotic protection.

(Untiered)sandstormer is still cheaper than Angel and has better overall protection.

Or do as I do. Look like a circus clown. I wear a mix of martial sga, angel, jaguar, improved vigi with a jarhead harness. And I replace something when I see a cheap deal.

The advantage of eon is that you can simply slap on some imp/cut/stab and thats it. Even if you dont hunt bots, you ever have to worry about them either. And it has some exotic protection.

(Untiered)sandstormer is still cheaper than Angel and has better overall protection.

Or do as I do. Look like a circus clown. I wear a mix of martial sga, angel, jaguar, improved vigi with a jarhead harness. And I replace something when I see a cheap deal.

Do you know the markup on Eon? Haven't really paid much attention but isn't Shadow +30k-40k?

Do you know the markup on Eon? Haven't really paid much attention but isn't Shadow +30k-40k?

Eon harness has an asking price of tt+4.5k

From what you Writing i can say Shadow its ok for robots and cool for animals ok not so good for cold and acid but still i have not a problem to killing Chomper alpha with it.

I have a full Shadow and i love it and i will ceep it to the day i stop play this game.

If you can not kill a mob in gremlin+5B, then you shouldn´t hunt it in armor! :wise:

If you can not kill a mob in gremlin+5B, then you shouldn´t hunt it in armor! :wise:

That's a good rule. Nevertheless, that would make game progress quite and really boring, at least in my opinion. :D

That's a good rule. Nevertheless, that would make game progress quite and really boring, at least in my opinion. :D

Took me over 7 years to reach commando/kill strike naturally, the eco way : )
but it will be cheaper to hire a fapper for the occasions you choose to hunt the big ones, unless you have really high evade to fully utilize an uber armor or suffer ridiculous amount of decay.

I had Tiger 5-6 years ago.Its a good one but totally overpriced.No idea what price it has now.

Also had split set shadow/supremacy 4-5 years ago was fun and awesome

Borrowing my friends Sentinel time to time when i play now.And Sentinel is the best armor i have used in my 10 years in EU.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"BUT" everything feels so easy to kill with "uber armor" so you almost forgot how much more decay and fap repairs you got because you can and start hunt bigger mobs.

And pretty shure that is what alot of plp do and then it is easy to blame MA for empty ped card.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you has alot of peds and want to spend on armor i would say Sentinel (...btw my friend is selling one now ;)

But as Sissi say´s----gremlin and if you want bigger mobs you team....
:wise:

//WL

I had Tiger 5-6 years ago.Its a good one but totally overpriced.No idea what price it has now.

Also had split set shadow/supremacy 4-5 years ago was fun and awesome

Borrowing my friends Sentinel time to time when i play now.And Sentinel is the best armor i have used in my 10 years in EU.
"BUT" everything feels so easy to kill with "uber armor" so you almost forgot how much more decay and fap repairs you got because you can and start hunt bigger mobs.

And pretty shure that is what alot of plp do and then it is easy to blame MA for empty ped card.
If you has alot of peds and want to spend on armor i would say Sentinel (...btw my friend is selling one now ;)

But as Sissi say´s----gremlin and if you want bigger mobs you team....
:wise:

//WL

I wouldn't get it until I was able to use it, which is why I originally asked what level people think it might be necessary. I'm satisfied with the Boar set I just bought and my Viceroy set (they're really all I need at the moment). I can do some decent mid-level mobs with them, so it isn't really boring. My goal is just to get an idea of what other people think about uber armors. Until I'm able to hunt Dasps, bigger Levis, bigger Yukas, bigger Prots, bigger Aurlis, etc., without Perseus, I won't get one. Occasionally, I hunt above my level with Perseus, but I'm aware of the decay issue. I'm only level 37 Evader, so I know I couldn't maintain hunting uber creatures in uber armor for long.

I wouldn't get it until I was able to use it, which is why I originally asked what level people think it might be necessary. I'm satisfied with the Boar set I just bought and my Viceroy set (they're really all I need at the moment). I can do some decent mid-level mobs with them, so it isn't really boring. My goal is just to get an idea of what other people think about uber armors. Until I'm able to hunt Dasps, bigger Levis, bigger Yukas, bigger Prots, bigger Aurlis, etc., without Perseus, I won't get one. Occasionally, I hunt above my level with Perseus, but I'm aware of the decay issue. I'm only level 37 Evader, so I know I couldn't maintain hunting uber creatures in uber armor for long.

Ahh i see, Sounds wise :)

So then i say enjoy game and have fun :)

Yes,thats true good armor wont save your day because you need to have skills also.

---> and a good weapon and a good fap.

Back