Which skills for prospective trader?

MagnusPym

Young
Society
National $ociety for Fun
Magnus Pym
If I want to become a trader in EU which skills should I be looking to graduate as there aren't any trading skills as such? Do I need a clear idea at the outset what I want to trade in and maybe put skills into crafting of some sort as that seems more profitable than hunting for loot to trade. Also what should I spend my money on? I have a vivo, pixie armour and gun so far. I'm intending depositing a bit soon.

Hi,

You could level up in The Greed Skill ?

Regards.

Lana

No skills needed to be a trader more than personal irl skills for finding good deals :)

Common Sense would be your top priority, followed closely by Honesty.

GL!

You don’t need skills need money.

You can start trading from 100 peds deposit but you may make 1000 peds in months and months, while if you deposit let say 30k you can make 1k every sells you make because you will be trading in expensive items.

Now you can lose many thousand too don’t be fool as the market drop every day you may buy something and tomorrow is worth less.

Trading need money and brain (not much brain) more of knowledge from the game.

I traded little last year is not worth the time even at high lvl if you work IRL the hour/dollar rate is better, now if you don’t work IRL then you can maybe work in entropia.

It is simple buy low sell high the only problem is the market is not stable so what one may find low to buy may end up tomorrow being even lower.

Any honest trader will tell you to day the trading is not what used to be and there is many traders that lost (well not yet as they did not sell items) tons of peds because they were buying last year and then all market went boom.

I realise that there aren't any direct skills needed, which is partly the problem, as I have to skill up something. Just wondered what would be most useful. Also, I think trading could cover a lot of areas and should be distinguished from reseller.

I realise that there aren't any direct skills needed, which is partly the problem, as I have to skill up something. Just wondered what would be most useful. Also, I think trading could cover a lot of areas and should be distinguished from reseller.

Why you need to skill something ?

Why you need to skill something ?

I gather he wants to complete discipleship

Try mining.. Ores and enmatters are most commonly traded resources

I gather he wants to complete discipleship

Try mining.. Ores and enmatters are most commonly traded resources

Ah ok… but even that he don’t need if he only want to trade,:scratch2:
I mean he can stay disciple for 100 years (before the mentor get bored and need new spot to kick him).:laugh:

But yes the fast way (I think is only 600 skills in prospecting) is to drop bombs, be aware that mining may be more expensive that hunting, even that noobs seems to always hit big Hof in mining.

Yes, I have a mentor. I may be wrong but aren't you all talking specifically about resellers rather than generally traders? It's probably my fault for not having a clear idea what I want to trade, but I sort of want to decide as I know more about EU.

Yes, I have a mentor. I may be wrong but aren't you all talking specifically about resellers rather than generally traders? It's probably my fault for not having a clear idea what I want to trade, but I sort of want to decide as I know more about EU.

Define these terms to us:
  • Reselling
  • Trading

And you'll realise ;)

Define these terms to us:
  • Reselling
  • Trading

And you'll realise ;)

a quick web search for a definition:

resell - sell (something) again after having bought it
trade - the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services

a quick web search for a definition:

resell - sell (something) again after having bought it
trade - the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services

:eek:Don’t trade dude, mine advice.

okay.

why is it when you post on a forum you usually end up wishing you hadn't bothered? ;)

Market understanding is the skill you need to prosper in trading. Further down the line you can combine trading and crafting. Trade for resourses needed to craft items at a cheaper rate and then sell the crafted items at a cheaper rate.

okay.

why is it when you post on a forum you usually end up wishing you hadn't bothered? ;)

Magnus nothing against you but trading/selling/exenging/service and I can go on forever is buying and after selling.

You new on the forum Alien tried to just help you out (and he is nice guy) now try to get picky on him and you will and up not being liked.

Trading/reselling same shit two words.;)

Any one will tell you as in IRL the kay is to buy lower that you intend to sell.
So no point to go on for ever you need PEDS and no you don’t need in game skills you need RL skills.

Hope it helped now happy trading.:)

Magnus nothing against you but trading/selling/exenging/service and I can go on forever is buying and after selling.

You new on the forum Alien tried to just help you out (and he is nice guy) now try to get picky on him and you will and up not being liked.

Trading/reselling same shit two words.;)

Any one will tell you as in IRL the kay is to buy lower that you intend to sell.
So no point to go on for ever you need PEDS and no you don’t need in game skills you need RL skills.

Hope it helped now happy trading.:)

I read his original post, and I see someone wishing to make items and sell them?
Resellers buy items and sell them so that's not his plan?

The answer if I am correct is to skill crafting on whatever has markup, basic sheet metal for example.

Crafting for profit isn't easy at all especially with low deposits ...maybe possible, but I'd avoid it.

t

Mhh mayby i got it wrong… then i will say minning (minning is good to trade resource but you can even use it to craft youre own stuff) so yeah minning.

sry if i did not understend the original post.:scratch2:

Trading doesn't necessarily involve objectionable methods like strangling and subsequently dominating the market.

You can, for example, buy resources from small-time miners and then sell them to crafters (for a few % more) who might not want to bother with small stacks of resources.

I'm one of those miners. It's hard to find crafters willing to buy 10-30 PEDs worth of some particular resource, and while I can sell at the auction, the auction fee sometimes makes it more profitable for me to sell it to a trader.

Back