Question: Which Texture Do You Think Will Look Best For...

The CEO

Guardian
TI City, Platinum Building, Block A, Shop #5
Society
Entropia Exchange
CEO Of Entropia
I'm trying to make a pair of dress shoes out of mannel shoes as it seems to resemble the most. Originally, I just wanted a solid black pair, but obviously black paint was too expensive. Then I thought about using rutol, but am not too sure how that would look. So if anyone have a pair of shoes done with rutol, please post a picture to share with me so that I can see how it turns out. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions for other textures that would look nice for a pair of dress shoes, nothing too colorful or tacky.

Was also considering, brukite, generic leather, soft leather, longu or suede with maybe a brown coloring. Let me know what you fashion experts think.

Thanks

CEO

I wouldn't call myself a fashion expert but "I know what I like"!
Firstly I would recommend the excellent website http://leeloo.cwsurf.de/WoCaT/ (which unfortunately does not include shoes, but does show textures & colours on shirts & pants).
Rutol would make your shoes look as though they were made of powdered metal, which is perhaps not the look you were after? How about polished chrome? Or Caldorite (if you can put up with the green flecks) Longu leather?

Personally I think that shoes are so difficult to see that they do not have to be exactly right, but that's just my personal opinion.

I wouldn't call myself a fashion expert but "I know what I like"!
Firstly I would recommend the excellent website http://leeloo.cwsurf.de/WoCaT/ (which unfortunately does not include shoes, but does show textures & colours on shirts & pants).
Rutol would make your shoes look as though they were made of powdered metal, which is perhaps not the look you were after? How about polished chrome? Or Caldorite (if you can put up with the green flecks) Longu leather?

Personally I think that shoes are so difficult to see that they do not have to be exactly right, but that's just my personal opinion.

you realize you replied to a banned user :eek:

well ImHo rutol on manell shoes that would be a waste of peds - not because it wont look good, but you dont really want to slap 400-600peds of textures on manell shoes, do you?

maybe try brukite and some dark paint instead, or even cheaper firn texture + paint.

One leather that comes out very dark when colored Navy is Faucervix. that can give you nearly black shoes!

Back