Why doesn't Mindark advertise when it is essentially free to do so?

Until game is expensive to play as it is, no advertising will help because people will run away anyway

I'm a very tolerable person but even I was on the brink of leaving on my first day when I was met with rookie chat. If MA wanted to do themselves ANY favor at all, it would be time to moderate that shit. Doesn't even have to be employees, just get a few well respected people from the community who would be more than willing to do the job.

I'm a very tolerable person but even I was on the brink of leaving on my first day when I was met with rookie chat. If MA wanted to do themselves ANY favor at all, it would be time to moderate that shit. Doesn't even have to be employees, just get a few well respected people from the community who would be more than willing to do the job.
Just remove all Global and Private chat channels apart from Society Chat and Make Towns Great Again!

whatever people saying that it would be immoral for a planet partner to pay a streamer to feature their content because getting paid would give them an advantage in-game should consider asking their boss for a pay cut next week, just to make things more fair for everyone else

Yes. Either moderate it with sincerity or simply stop automatically having new players join the channel.

Secondarily, it might be worth thinking about some way in which the mentor system could be updated to streamline connecting the noob and the mentor. Something that would bring the mentor to the player instead of the player needing to either search a registry or stumble upon someone hawking their mentorship program in local chat. The player (or mentor) of course would have the option to decline this event, no one would be forced into anything. Having a mentor is so critical to turning a new player into a long-term player.

some way in which the mentor system could be updated
most probably good gamers dont mentor because the time and effort is wasted in 90% of cases
80% for disciples abandoning game before graduating
20% for useless reward (colelction of hunter gloves)

Maybe pick a panel with Armor/weapon and let the mentor pick his desired item (I would accept also a Soulbound item, so that its just for the Mentor as a memorabilia)
Legacy items like Bukin Knife, or msmall mentor Claws woudl be amazing, i had so much fun with the mentor claws in small critters.

most probably good gamers dont mentor because the time and effort is wasted in 90% of cases
80% for disciples abandoning game before graduating
20% for useless reward (colelction of hunter gloves)

Maybe pick a panel with Armor/weapon and let the mentor pick his desired item (I would accept also a Soulbound item, so that its just for the Mentor as a memorabilia)
Legacy items like Bukin Knife, or msmall mentor Claws woudl be amazing, i had so much fun with the mentor claws in small critters.
biggest value of having a mentor is in the knowledge transfer

but yes, there's no guarantee they'd finish mentoring. i think the way to solve that would be to have a universal mentorship bar for the mentor that fills whenever ANY of his mentors make progress towards mentorship. that way the mentor gets small ticks of progress along the way to the disciple's graduation instead of only at the end. that way if they bail, it wasn't for nothing.

I can't help but wonder how many more players and investors in this game we would have if Mindark would take the time to advertise their product.

This day and age with YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Tiktok advertising is free and it only takes the time and effort of people who care. So why don't we have any from Mindark? I can't help but think of indie game studios who even though small love their game enough to put out effort and make videos about what they are working on, game changes and progress etc.

Hell, even I have a YouTube channel to advertise Entropia and Mindark doesn't or at least utilize one if they do. It just seems odd that even someone like myself who makes barely over minimum wage manages to get a multi-million dollar game onto an international news spotlight and they can't. Am I wrong in thinking this?

This has got to be one of their biggest mistakes in stopping Entropia from growing as a game and investment platform.

@Ludvig|MindArk
Hey, they do advertise, I don't know how effectively or hard they advertise, but the advertisements only reach people who either play the game or have showed a indepth knowledge in the search history of RCE system, laws revolving around RCE system, and economy manipulation strategies/get rich quick schemes.

The algorithm is bunk and throws the advertising into left field where it is reaching whoever the algorithm thinks is appropriate or legal or which whinds up being people who either are not interested, not paying attention, or are seeking other means of funding instead of reaching out to gamers, FPS strategist, Time grinders, or whatever else...
But, with the introduction of Blockchain gaming, and their boom being probably the next halving and their introduction this halving, maybe the Algorithm "AI" will more effectively identify entropia with gaming/social media platform instead of gambling/disorganized economy system.

Who knows,
But I don't think they know what is going on. By they I mean Entropia and/or MindArk, I think they've had they heads so far up independent strategies that they don't realize they are wasting their money because they have a false sense of privilege of which makes their perspective easily manipulated by false accusations., among other things and maybe at a less serious note, but really though a lot of negligence.

Until game is expensive to play as it is, no advertising will help because people will run away anyway

Entropia can indeed be costly, but in today's gaming landscape, many games can drain your wallet just as easily.

Take Fortnite, for example, which is free to play but tempts players to spend on V Bucks for game passes and other items. It's effortless to drop $50 with just a few clicks, and some players end up spending $2000 a year on skins and items that hold no real value.

Then there's World of Warcraft, where players pay a monthly fee and encounter numerous temptations in the in-game shop. Despite the potential costs, many players spend substantial amounts without openly discussing it.

In other types of games, even purchasing the game itself can set you back $50-$70, and a yearly pass might cost $100. Once the excitement fades, all you're left with is the time you've invested.

Entropia differs significantly from these games; it's almost not a game at all but more akin to a virtual vacation or exploration experience. While it does come with costs, the allure lies in the potential to uncover treasures along the way. Whether you choose to spend 1000 PED in an hour in-game or splurge on a night out in the city. In the end I will always see I have more left in Entropia then any other game. As all i still have, still have value some how.

Back