Why I don't visit RockTropia.

I havent yet visited Rocktropia since the trip is expensive and the Markup avg loot on mobs is worser than in Calypso

How can MA lose ??they still stick in the entropia universe. Actually MA doesnt care about if the player is on PC or RT.

I was referring to the fact that a new planet cannot be populated by new players only. I was simply pointing out that it would have been better for all involved if more promotion had been done to 'lure' fresh and old meat alike to this new planet.

Instead what happend imo is that hardly any promotion was done either beacuse ND never saw the opportunity or MA prevented it out of fear that calypso would become an empty place. Maybe even a mix of both.

Fact is that RT = theme park where you enjoy a short vacation. PC = more a simulated planet with a wildlife etc (love to see trox eat chripys etc)

Ouch, dont let ND hear it. :D I'm pretty sure that's not what he had in mind.

Beware this is my personal view and no "factsheet".

Simplest reason of all:

The TP fee. Its not too high, its not too low, just because it is there.

Why, would you ask, you pay TP fee for CP and CND, no? Yes, I do.

But why would I pay those TP fees?

Because CP and CND have -special- things to offer for my gameplay. CP with fast hitting Aurlis kind of evade building and challenge my midlevel hunting "how do I do up there?". CND, pack up some amps for gamble mining and increased skill building. That is what I use those places for and why I pay the TP fee when I want to go there.

edit: An increased (well, admittably to a certain amount) or lowered fee would not really affect my travels there, because both places I consider "high cost" areas for me and therefore a visit there is some kind of special occasion for myself. So the reasons why or why not visit are due to other reasons.

At this moment, RockTropia has nothing to offer (for me) apart from other mob models. That is why the TP fee is not worth for my gameplay to pay for.

And it adds up that all Axes look the same for example.

Just been thinking this morning to take a trip to RockTropia, then thought of it why I haven't been there since my first visit when it started and then thought of reasons for it.

( The TP fee. Its not too high, its not too low, just because it is there ).

Well you have to pay to be able to pay.:D

I did go to RT once, I would sooner not have to pay a fee but 80 ped is no big concern anyway. RT content though is nothing special and I have higher frame lag so I can't really say I have a drive to go back at this point.

In all fairness, we are starting to see more planet-specific loot on RT now. I beleive planet-specific loot and economies have always been the goal. However, why RT was opened without that important factor already in place, I can't understand.

Once the blueprints using those materials start dropping, and the MU for those items begin to work themselves out, I think you'll see quite a turn around.

However, until then the biggest problem for any planet has been, and always will be, the lack of "loot incentive".

Cani Ostro's OP proves that, even if he may not see it. He pays the travel fee to CP and CND. Why? Because there are certain CP and CND specific loot incentives. In these cases, fast hitting skilling mobs and a wider swing in mining loot distribution.

Once the planet-specific loot incentives on RT coalesce more, you'll see much more activity up there.

[...]
Cani Ostro's OP proves that, even if he may not see it. He pays the travel fee to CP and CND. Why? Because there are certain CP and CND specific loot incentives. In these cases, fast hitting skilling mobs and a wider swing in mining loot distribution. [...]

[...]

Why, would you ask, you pay TP fee for CP and CND, no? Yes, I do.

But why would I pay those TP fees?

Because CP and CND have -special- things to offer for my gameplay. CP with fast hitting Aurlis kind of evade building and challenge my midlevel hunting "how do I do up there?". CND, pack up some amps for gamble mining and increased skill building. That is what I use those places for and why I pay the TP fee when I want to go there.
[...]

Thanks for underlining my point, however you didn't see it :lolup:

However, I still don't think that any other Planet that is to come, will have me go there regularly.

MA stated clearly that they hold the distribution of loot, items i.e. "the balance". Since I won't be able to loot my gear on Calypso, this won't be possible on any other Planet as well. Therefore any gear that will be introduced won't be any better that we are using now, because if they let that happen, that would mess up Planet Calypso. Therefore its no point in going there to loot and or use a different grafx model of a Korss, P5, Apis whatsoever. I need better, affordable gear, not the same gear I use now, just different looks on a different planet.

The only thing pushing someone going there is that gold rush feeling that we all felt when SGA was started. And after a few weeks of new looks and new textures, it will be the same thing as Planet Calypso.

RT is the new frontier, new items are slowly trickling into the loot pool as of late. RT will have its pioneers much the same as Calypso back in the day with new uber and other discoveries yet to come just as on Calypso in the early days and now. The incentives to go there and stay there are slowly happening now that they can concentrate on the finer details, with most of the big phases more or less out of the way.

I had a dislike for the place when it was launched. Now its slowly getting to where Calypso was back in the day with player numbers etc. Its just a new thing and we like familiar things or at least new things in a familiar place.

PoGo

Well.... Im in agreement with OP....

Im a crafter by trade, but a trader by nature :D.... so RT has a small resource pool for me to benefit in either area of focus... at least from what Ive heard....

On top of that.... 80ped round trip, which I know Ill have to come back to Calypso eventually.... is crazy expensive.

Im unsure how much MA loses from players who change planets.... but that could be the reason for the seperation.... then again they still win a bit with RT... just possibly not as much due to sharing decay profits.... of course unless ND makes profit on potentially lower TT returns (speculation, haven't seen or done any tests to prove this).

Anyways.... its hard for RT if MA is trying to limit traffic... because lets face it.... EU is a unique game not for the masses.... its taken a while for EU to get to hits highest participant level... and some would say its lost many due to CryEngine and changes in loot or other areas.... plus its harder for free players to play... (which Im not against...) but it certainly helped player base....

because in calypso per day exist 2000 globals while in rocktropia only 7 :(

Costs too much to get there and why should I go?

the TP fee problem is also stronlgy related to the auction fee when inter-planet trading. If the auction fees were removed, all the buiseness would be possible. As it is not, the fact is you have to pay to go RT, but then even if you want to go for prospecting, you wont have nobody to sell your mats to...if you go for hunting you will loose time mostly as nothing with high MU is droping constistantly, and even if you found it, again, nobody to buy it from you. As a crafter you could have potential buyers, but you wont be able to find your mats at AH...
I find these tp fees totally unjustified, but point is CND and CP indeed have particular things to offer. And i still think main problem is that we cannot trade between planets, if we were able, there would be a decent reason to accept for paying the fees as you would not be condamned to go back to calypso to get profit from your runs..... we would be able to stay on each planets for long periods, discover them and gently build up our activities.
this system of fees, sorry for the term, is stupidely concieved and achieved. And beeing charged 4$ to go from a MA plateform to another MA plateform, both in sillico entities so it is 1010010011 into a RJ-45 seriously i'm almost sure it's legal, but is it just a little bit decent?not to me.. If only something could justify that cost! 1 ped (0,1$) would be understandable.

For the moment the only reason I see to maintain such stupid systems as tp/auction fees is to have us concentrated in Calypso and having fast trips to another planet then get back immediately to Calypso. With this, we are mainly on Calypso and have the feeling of beeing plenty people. And tbh the envir is enough empty of ppl and boring and static like that, no need to add on that dispersed players on planets ;-)

In my opinion one of the main problem is the fact that they cannot create anything that would overcut Planet Calypso.

MA controls the "balancing", so ND cannot release for example weapons with huge dps or extremely eco, because they would be so superior compared to ones looted in Calypso.

This creates the situation where there is pretty much nothing in Rocktropia that is better then on Calypso, and when combined with the TP fee very few go there.

If the tp fee would be removed, or at least greatly reduced, people could go there for just one night for example, and perhaps stay. But with the 40ped oneway ticket, its just simply way too much for a short trip.

To make it short, until Rocktropia has something to offer that Calypso lacks, it will not be succesfull. I do not know how closely FPC and MA are connected at the moment, but I have a feeling MA will not be happy to release content to Rocktropia that would give it edge in relation to Calypso.

ND has a lot of work to do still....

He needs to map out RT with ore/enmatter mapping for people and get mob map out also... this would at least allow people to see fields and mob areas.... and also keep track of loot per mob, or release it on entropedia.

Not sure if those are done yet...

He also needs to get LA's for RT out or at least estates... if he has a plan for that.... LA would allow some people to at least get some pieces of land with advertising certain mobs or mining fields and then advertise that area for themselves.

I agree the fee is too high, but I disagree that RT hasn't got anything to offer. First time I went there I must admit, I wasn't too impressed. But as I'm running around now to update EntropiaPlanets wiki with tp's I have to say, it's really really cool up there. I got some pretty nice loot from Dragons inbetween - and the loot on the Motorheads are also quite ok!

The problem is, as stated, that the tp fee is too high. And at the same time some people complain about the loot. If RT is played on other servers, with a seperate loot pool, I can imagine there is a connection between the number of visitors(spenders) and the loot!

It would definitely be better if the fee was halfed or even set down to 10 peds. I know that for NEVERDIE it might sound rediculously low - BUT what matters is to get people UP there and to admit the consequenses in the long run of having a too high fee!

About the auction, I also agree. The fee in the auction is horrible. There should be a seperate RT section in the auction though (something to make it easier only to see things for sale on RT). Atm there's hardly anything there because people are afraid it wont sell exactly because of the lack of players.

Which is also why I believe RT should soon get some shopping boots up there to get the economy rolling!

But other than this, a trip up there now is definitely worth it! The distances on RT so reminds me of the US - it's more rough than Calypso, but also extremely beautiful (take a look at the pictures in the WIKI on the different RT teleporters. Some are still missing, but I'm working on that ;)

I need better, affordable gear, not the same gear I use now, just different looks on a different planet.

On calypso, you cannot loot [L] axes with the same reload as the 1x0 pr the 2x0. Those axes are unique for our universe and offer a way of skilling longblades never seen before.

On calypso the only eco way of skilling longblades is to use the tt-sword ( 22 attacks), then going to the cutter one (22 attacks), then the cutter two (24 attacks), then doing the embra (24 attacks) or the rutic slo (30 attacks), kil (32), blix (34)
With reloads like that skilling longblades is as exciting as watching the mating process of two nude slugs.

On rocktropia you can now start with the roadcrew axe classic ( 44 attacks), the brutal (40 attacks), rock'n roll (39 attacks), rock'n roll brutal (37 attacks)
This gives a whole new meaning and dimension to skilling longblades.

I think there will be more weapons on rocktropia that fill gaps that we currently have on calypso

Back