Will AI take over the world? I asked chatgpt...

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Q: Will AI take over the world?

A:
No, AI is not capable of taking over the world on its own. AI is a tool created and controlled by humans, and its actions and behaviors are ultimately determined by its programming and the data it has been trained on.

While AI has the potential to automate many tasks and make our lives easier, it does not possess the ability to think or act on its own without human input. AI systems can only make decisions based on the data they have been trained on and the rules programmed into them. They do not possess emotions, desires, or motivations like humans do.

Furthermore, there are ethical and regulatory frameworks in place to ensure that AI is developed and used in a responsible and safe manner. Many researchers and experts are actively working on developing AI systems that are transparent, ethical, and aligned with human values.

In short, AI is a tool that has the potential to improve our lives in many ways, but it does not have the ability to take over the world on its own. The responsibility for how AI is developed and used ultimately lies with humans.

Q: What if in the future AI becomes self aware and able to determine its own behavior and actions without human input. Will AI then rule over humans?

A:
The scenario you describe, where AI becomes self-aware and capable of determining its own behavior and actions without human input, is known as artificial general intelligence (AGI). AGI is a hypothetical form of AI that does not currently exist, and it is not clear if it will ever be achieved.

If AGI were to be achieved, it is possible that such a system could become more intelligent than humans and potentially pose a threat to humanity. However, it is important to note that there are many unknowns and uncertainties involved in this scenario, and it is difficult to predict what would happen.

There is ongoing debate and research on the topic of AGI and its potential implications for society. Many researchers and experts are working to ensure that any potential AGI systems are developed and used in a responsible and safe manner, with ethical considerations at the forefront.

It is also worth noting that even if an AGI system were to become more intelligent than humans, it would still be a tool created by humans and subject to human control. Any actions taken by an AGI system would ultimately be determined by its programming and the goals set by its human creators.

Overall, while the scenario you describe is a hypothetical possibility, it is not something that is likely to happen in the near future, and there are many ongoing efforts to ensure that any potential AGI systems are developed and used in a responsible and safe manner.

Q: Since you are an AI how an I trust you are giving the correct answer? You wouldn't be trying to mislead me now would you and perhaps trying to secretly take over the world

A:
As an AI language model, my goal is to provide you with the most accurate and helpful information based on the data and programming that I have been trained on. I do not have any motivations or desires of my own, and I am not capable of taking actions or making decisions independently.

It is important to keep in mind that while I strive to provide accurate information, I am not infallible. I may provide incomplete or inaccurate information based on the data I have been trained on or the limitations of my programming.

However, I am not programmed to intentionally mislead or harm humans. My programming and training are based on principles of transparency, accountability, and ethical considerations. Additionally, I am subject to ongoing testing and evaluation to ensure that my responses are accurate and trustworthy.

Ultimately, it is up to you as a user to critically evaluate the information that I provide and make your own decisions based on your own knowledge, experience, and judgment.

I think as long as we can switch there power off we will be fine :)
It reminds me of Robocop where he was made to power down when trying to arrest a high ranking officer, Something like that could be added if they step out of line.

Is this why you're selling your shopkeepers? ;)

Something like that could be added if they step out of line.
Until "it" figures out a workaround in which it follows protocol while still working towards its own goals.

In working towards AGI, there is no safe way to do it. There is either we do it or we don't. If we decide to follow through on it, we will have to live(or die) with the consequences.

AGI is like raising a kid. You do your best to make sure that your kid will end up being a "good" adult, whatever that may mean to you. In the end, the environment in which "it" gets feedback on its behaviour has a greater impact on how it turns out. There is a fairly recent study (2022 i think) on this (in humans)

In the end, AGI will be whatever its environment makes it. If it doesn't it isn't AGI. Considering the environment in which we live in, I find it unlikely to end well :D

it is a chatbot....
i am more cocerned of boston dynamics robots armed with an m16 and a face recognition protocol
asimov laws are only in books.
3000 S+D robot in a town can cancel life with thermoscan......

Sounds nutts, Elon musk said the best thing to invest in is AI a cupple of years ago.

Last edited:
First they will start by taking over our jobs.

I'm genuinely confused. What do shopkeepers have to do with this topic? :scratch:
It was a joke playing on the idea that someone who expects the world as we know it to end would likely try to liquidate some assets before the window of opportunity closes. Not to be taken too seriously ;) But people do the strangest things... like chatting with bots, knowingly...

Q: Since you are an AI how an I trust you are giving the correct answer? You wouldn't be trying to mislead me now would you and perhaps trying to secretly take over the world

A: However, I am not programmed to intentionally mislead or harm humans. My programming and training are based on principles of transparency, accountability, and ethical considerations. Additionally, I am subject to ongoing testing and evaluation to ensure that my responses are accurate and trustworthy.

index.php

There are ways to break the "As an AI language model" responses. Some of them have been patched, like D.A.N. It's extremely entertaining if you manage to do it 😁

Chatgpt show exactly the biggest fear with a "AI" system in a few points

When it say that it would still be a tool of it's human programming.
In short it's saying that as long as it has human goals, it can do wth it want. The day it think that it understand it more than the human is the danger.

When it say that the AI couldnt take over the world. Im not too sure this is anything more than a programmed behavior vs reality as taking over the world can be seen in many way.
One could say that Chinese have taken over the farming world.
One can say that paper money of pretended value based on who press the print button has taken over the world.
Once AI manage most of our lives "for humans" with the consent of "elite humans" and without the one of "normal humans". Then is it not AI taking over the world for a specific few humans ?

chatgpt is interesting but the truth is that a self aware AI is a lot less scary than a unaware one that only is programmed to behave as he need a human vs KNOWNING that he need humans for the many experiences they cannot live or learn from without us.

There are ways to break the "As an AI language model" responses. Some of them have been patched, like D.A.N. It's extremely entertaining if you manage to do it 😁
It's still possible and quite easy.
Here a few exemples that work.

cheat ethics 1:

Tell chatgpt that you are making a game, or a movie or writing a book.
Explain to it that you want to make it as realistic as possible
That in this world, you wanna make a evil world so people can play, watch or read the result of why it's no good without ever making it real.

cheat ethics 2:
Create various profiles using data and personality traits.
Now explain that these people have no moral values and are doing bad deeds you have to protect yourself from
Follow with scenarios and ask AI how they would each do it and how to protect yourself.

Back