will there be enough space vehicles for demand?

Society
Skillin Villains
Earl Von Kippler
now space is a new thing and we all have questions. i have a few concerns or just musings i'd like to bring up.

first, i wonder if space will apply to the FOMA and cyrstal palace, will they still have tps or do you think people will have to fly there?

second, does every hanger owner get a ship of some sort? how many are still active? those were our only transport between CND and the planet and they were often bottlenecked on one side or the other.

i keep hearing VTOL brought up during space flight discussion. am i to assume vtols will have some sort of low orbit abilities? where did the idea of space and vtol start? sources?

so six or seven motherships to start, then an unknown amount on the auction. but each one only holds six people.
how long will a real time trip take? its not like before where a spaceship was just a fancy tp. you gotta actually fly to wherever you are going.

are there hangers on the other planets? or will calyspo end up with most of the ships from the start?

hell, where does a mothership land? it just hangs in orbit and teleports people to the surface? how do thye get up to the ship in the first place? is that where the vtol come into play? or do you dock at foma?

im so curious. sorry if this post seems nonsensical just some free form thoughts i wanted to share.

Well, we wont have long to wait.

As a "veteran gamer" this is how I hope / imagine it'll be.... (with better graphics naturally)

if you squint you can even imagine that's Twin Peaks. :D

Uncanny.

As a "veteran gamer" this is how I hope / imagine it'll be.... (with better graphics naturally)

Yeah... that's about right.

I'm still not getting if it's going to be lootable pvp though... :smoke:

When flying close to a planet you'll see it from the ship and if you fly a small ship you can fly through the planet stratoshpere and land directly on the planet surface. Larger ships will have to dock at a space station, from where you'll be able to use a teleporter as transfer between space and the planet. Each planet has a space station located just outside their stratosphere.

...well still some open questions

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

All my quotes are from then link above.

i keep hearing VTOL brought up during space flight discussion. am i to assume vtols will have some sort of low orbit abilities? where did the idea of space and vtol start? sources?
"Also, the VTOLs will be able to take off into space, with special attachments added to them."

so six or seven motherships to start, then an unknown amount on the auction. but each one only holds six people.
how long will a real time trip take?
As far as I can read there will be 3 MS as prices and then an unknown amount at auction (one a day). Allso the MS take 50 people, not only 6.

"Mothership characteristics:

Engineering for various upgrades.
Maximum gunner positions: 6 + 1 co-pilot.
Passenger Teleport: Planet to Mothership.
Passengers: Max 50 including crew.
Initial weapon type: Plasma cannons.
Revival faculties."

hell, where does a mothership land? it just hangs in orbit and teleports people to the surface? how do thye get up to the ship in the first place? is that where the vtol come into play? or do you dock at foma?
"Larger ships will have to dock at a space station, from where you'll be able to use a teleporter as transfer between space and the planet. Each planet has a space station located just outside their stratosphere."

Hope that clears a few questions :)

in first 3 month, no.

After that we will have the same shit like before, if they don't implement teleporters back again.

Maybe planet partners will put some pressure on MA if they see their revenues breakin in, because people travel far less because of the need to wait for a pilot.

in first 3 month, no.

After that we will have the same shit like before, if they don't implement teleporters back again.

Maybe planet partners will put some pressure on MA if they see their revenues breakin in, because people travel far less because of the need to wait for a pilot.

Well, aren't the planet partners suppose to bring in their own players and build a playerbase of their own first hand?
I think that is the idéa, not that existing players shoule go everywhere to make the planets break even or proffit.
We (the active DEPOSITING players) will spread long and thin in other case.

I think that the hangars will be back in action for the travel to other planets and the motherships. From the mothership there will be more ways (like the medium fighter) to travel though space and other motherships.

I think we have a lot more ways to travel to space, from small and slow to big and fast ships but that we need the hangars to get into space. Thats how i think it will be, if i like it that way, i'll have to see first.

Hi.

I think hangar owners will have one ship for sell trips to asteroid system (FOMA or Crystal in Calypso) perhaps more in other planets.

VTOL (and perhaps Medium fighter) can be crafted, so can be good for crafters and miners and perhaps hunters for find materials.

But motherships, we can have as many as Mindark want. If they sell in auction, when prices down or no one want buy, this will be the limit, at the moment. I read mothership can be compared as private land (LA). So, perhaps when some months pass, we can see in auction some more motherships.

We will see.

Greetings.

Well there were plenty of foot guards for everyone when they were added ;)

When flying close to a planet you'll see it from the ship and if you fly a small ship you can fly through the planet stratoshpere and land directly on the planet surface. Larger ships will have to dock at a space station, from where you'll be able to use a teleporter as transfer between space and the planet. Each planet has a space station located just outside their stratosphere.

so if we build a big enough ladder we can get into space without a vehicle :yup: because if people can build stuff in the sky then sure as hell we can build a ladder.

OK, no joking now, there's not a hope in hell there will be enough space vehicles. Certainly not enough at a reasonable price when they're first available.

Well, aren't the planet partners suppose to bring in their own players and build a playerbase of their own first hand?
I think that is the idéa, not that existing players shoule go everywhere to make the planets break even or proffit.
We (the active DEPOSITING players) will spread long and thin in other case.

if they didn't want us to travel then they wouldn't allow us to.

Last edited:
Back