WoF 2011 and PK

Yquem

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Vintage Yquem Port
When will pk'ing be a part of WoF?

I'll hope never :)

WoF is a hunting tournament. If you think there should be a WoF styled PK tournament then by all means.... go ahead and start one up.

Menace

WoF is a hunting tournament. If you think there should be a WoF styled PK tournament then by all means.... go ahead and start one up.

Menace

PK is hunting to - target is just a little different from a mob

I think in 2009 there were mobs in the PvP zone for support. If i remember correctly a lot of PKing got done at the time. But also a lot of people really disliked it.

I do not think PKing will be a big part of WoF since it is tended to be avoided by 9 out of 10 players.

Let's hope LG is reintroduced soon.

Cheers
Siam

Since WoF 2008 we reached a new level in organizing, strategy and support. I'm pretty sure all teams would establish one or more support teams designated to "hunt" humans from their competitors allthough "humans" are not on the moblists. As I know from friends, WoF is just expensive enough. Not everybody likes the idea to burn more money with defending.

As stated above: Make your own event if you want a world championship in PK. Could become interesting by using armed vehicles and performing epic battles.

I would certainly want to watch a separate PKWoF event - with all the PK toys that are now available.

Get it organised Yquem :yay:

There is a plan for a PK Bonus to be available in one of the Stages, purely for variety of play and to include all kinds of hunting in some small way. We've moved away more and more from PvP mobs due to many comments and complaints about their inclusion; some mobs are of course found in pvp areas but the trend has been to avoid those that are exclusively found in danger zones, especially lootable ones, unless the moblist just won't work without them.

But the same people who complained before, do not worry.

There will still be very few PvP mobs on moblists.

The proposed bonus would be for locating and killing an impartial, armed and crafty 'Target' (a judge or similar) who will be driving or running around in radar-free pvp.

It would work like this; The match starts as normal, say at 16:00. One hour in, both Main teams are given a rough co-ordinate for the target in team chat at once. First one to reach, find and kill the target gets the bonus for their team. Whether they choose to kill each other on the way there is up to them. You could even choose not to bother. If not found for one hour (unlikely) the Target leaves the area. If killed, the Target tells the match judges who did it and points are awarded if that person is a valid Main Team member for that match.

The idea is that it's a 'send your best guy, possibly two, for five minutes of distraction that will possibly reward the team' kinda thing. Only Main Team can score on the Target. All evidence points to a comprehensive majority of Pk'ers being the kind of players who might find themselves on Main Teams, and most pk objectors are found in Support. That said, if I get requests for it, Support can go Judge-hunting next year maybe.
It seems the fairest way to ease in a bit of PvP to keep the Pk'ers happy; before anyone objects to this notion, remember, they are players and investors just like anyone, they're just a little more bloodthirsty:)

The way I see it, the closest guy to the given co-ords has as much chance to bag the bonus as the uber-pk demon with the tango and the rest. The target will be distinctly mid-range compared to many Main Team players. It won't be a huge bonus, probably 20 or 25 points, just a bit of fun in a later stage (possibly the last match of Stage 4). Everyone should get a chance to show off in the WoF:)

That said, any changes would be a result of public opinion, and that seems to hold a mostly no-pk stance.....

Hurrikane

Last edited:
There is a plan for a PK Bonus to be available in one of the Stages, purely for variety of play and to include all kinds of hunting in some small way. We've moved away more and more from PvP mobs due to many comments and complaints about their inclusion; some mobs are of course found in pvp areas but the trend has been to avoid those that are exclusively found in danger zones, especially lootable ones, unless the moblist just won't work without them.

But the same people who complained before, do not worry.

There will still be very few PvP mobs on moblists.

The proposed bonus would be for locating and killing an impartial, armed and crafty 'Target' (a judge or similar) who will be driving or running around in radar-free pvp.

It would work like this; The match starts as normal, say at 16:00. One hour in, both Main teams are given a rough co-ordinate for the target in team chat at once. First one to reach, find and kill the target gets the bonus for their team. Whether they choose to kill each other on the way there is up to them. You could even choose not to bother. If not found for one hour (unlikely) the Target leaves the area. If killed, the Target tells the match judges who did it and points are awarded if that person is a valid Main Team member for that match.

The idea is that it's a 'send your best guy, possibly two, for five minutes of distraction that will possibly reward the team' kinda thing. Only Main Team can score on the Target. All evidence points to a comprehensive majority of Pk'ers being the kind of players who might find themselves on Main Teams, and most pk objectors are found in Support. That said, if I get requests for it, Support can go Judge-hunting next year maybe.
It seems the fairest way to ease in a bit of PvP to keep the Pk'ers happy; before anyone objects to this notion, remember, they are players and investors just like anyone, they're just a little more bloodthirsty:)

The way I see it, the closest guy to the given co-ords has as much chance to bag the bonus as the uber-pk demon with the tango and the rest. The target will be distinctly mid-range compared to many Main Team players. It won't be a huge bonus, probably 20 or 25 points, just a bit of fun in a later stage (possibly the last match of Stage 4). Everyone should get a chance to show off in the WoF:)

Hurrikane

Sounds REALLY stupid to me. If this will happen I am not ready to be a judge again. I am not a bunny to be shot by a PK-wanker.

It would be strictly voluntary;)

Just one of a few proposals.

Hurrikane

I think in 2009 there were mobs in the PvP zone for support. If i remember correctly a lot of PKing got done at the time. But also a lot of people really disliked it.

I do not think PKing will be a big part of WoF since it is tended to be avoided by 9 out of 10 players.

Cheers
Siam

This is an important consideration. WoF is losing players due to rising costs and low loots.

Since WoF 2008 we reached a new level in organizing, strategy and support. I'm pretty sure all teams would establish one or more support teams designated to "hunt" humans from their competitors allthough "humans" are not on the moblists. As I know from friends, WoF is just expensive enough. Not everybody likes the idea to burn more money with defending.

As stated above: Make your own event if you want a world championship in PK. Could become interesting by using armed vehicles and performing epic battles.

This the way to go. A separate event :yay:

I would certainly want to watch a separate PKWoF event - with all the PK toys that are now available.
Get it organised Yquem :yay:

Sounds REALLY stupid to me. If this will happen I am not ready to be a judge again. I am not a bunny to be shot by a PK-wanker.

I agree there are enough complaints and loss of players now. PK is enjoyed by a relatively few players. If teams were disadvantaged by not wanting to PK it would be an unfair advantage to those who do.

And if the PK'ing was carried out in a PVP4 lootable zone I think it would increase the reluctance of players to participate.

I love WoF and am taking an active part in the Aussie WoF in 2011 ( I also pk a bit and have the resources and all to do it) however, if PK'ing was ever to become an active part in WoF, I for one would have to give a serious consideration in my continuing participation at this level.

Cheers Jung

That's why you call things proposals:)

It's obvious that a lot of folk don't like Pk in any form. Maybe it is best out of the WoF altogether, maybe not. Having optional excursions to PvP seemed a way to keep everyone happy, but no one clear idea has presented itself.

Expect very little to change from previous years, unless the public speak....

Hurrikane

I agree...

it was hard enough for support globaling on all the spawns... never mind adding a wild goose chase to it...

also thinking of the smaller teams who may not have members to devote to PK AND regular hunting

It would be strictly voluntary
Sure, how would you constrain me to do such things?

Another issue: Some teams don't like PK and won't participate. Some like PK and get additional points from doing that?

Sounds unfair to me. Ofcourse you may say: "Who don't like PK ... stay away from WoF." I can't believe that this is your attitude. Just make a poll about it! And if only one or three teams say "no PK please" you would tell them to go away?

Like I said, the 'hunt the target' idea has now been dismissed as a fanciful notion, it's gone, forget it was mentioned.

As for other PK in the WoF: the way the WoF has worked best (less complaints) has been with less PvP mobs in the lists. It will probably remain that way, but as always, some mobs that are found in PvP areas will have to be included for variety's sake. And if people get shot at in these areas, they get shot at. Some mobs are dangerous because they crit you for 600, some are dangerous because people shoot you when you hunt them. I will always steer away from making the more crucial mobs (the ones camped for points) the PvP ones.

As for the recent progression that Pk'ing has undergone with vehicles and better pk zones, yes, that cries out for it's own tournament. If no-one's started one by 2012 I'll have a go:)

Hurrikane

Back