***WoF 2011 RULES and Info***

Ever wondered why you get nowhere with complaining? It's the way you do it. Stop being rude and shouting about something I do for fun and we can talk.
Well said

The biggest, most important thing to me where the WoF is concerned is that as many people as possible take part every year. This is what makes it the biggest event in EU. It started as a free festival of firepower, and it's turned into an event that gets people together and enjoying themselves.
This is what it is all about

The only advantage argument I can see for a main team comprised of multiple country players would be: Each country in a multi-country team has 2-3 super strong players where apart they support their own country, but together the main team has 4,5, or 6 super strong players.
Maybe so but nothing to stop these players from forming together and participating under one countries name anyway. Same dog different leg,

I guess one thing Hurrikane could do is cap each support mob so teams don't cap with just one mob (plus the variety bonus globals).
For example (higher points probably better in later rounds):
Support,
4 points Sumima all Maturity - 120 point cap,
3 points Armax Guardian to Stalker - 90 point cap
2 points Argonaut all Maturity - 60 point cap
1 point Armax Young to Provider - 30 point cap
Round Support Cap - 300 points.

He could then provide a bonus to each support team capping a mob.

So really, what is the advantage of a larger multi country team? Fewer main/support players for your team? Split the multi country up, those players probably play for their own country anyway. Recruit those who don't support a country.

Could be a point but whilst support is an important issue it is the main team that builds the final scores. More simpler to disregard point scorers like the sweep bonus mobs etc that can really change the final scores. :D
As if :silly2:

Some interesting points and assumptions have been made.

Whilst I am in favour of Country V Country theme of WoF in the rl perspective however in reality the teams are country names only with many of them having supporters from all over the world'

If Wof begins to fade dont take it out on Hurrikane. The natural progression of events to lose the enthusiasm of players will always happen.

Wof has not been helped by what is happening with MA/FPC and all the new projects they have allowed as new lands Islands etc (Look at the failed Medusa sale) resulting the further deterioration of reasonable returns for ones investments.

Times have been tough all over the world for everyone the last 12 months. This may also have an effect on Wof participants.

However if the rules were to change you may please a couple but could have a major effect on the participants in WoF.

If you look at the posters on WoF pages they are a relative few compared to the actual WoF paricipants.

The majority out there couldnt care less about Dach or Benelux and just want to participate for the fun of it.

Time is running out Hurrikane:D I think you have been more than fair with your options

Now that the times have been stated I am sure we will see an influx of players:yay:

I have always been a strong proponent of reducing the support caps, just because I thought it would "level the playing field" somewhat. I was about to post this morning in support of it again, but I figured I'd crunch some numbers based on last year and see what difference it might have made to the end results. I was kind of surprised how little difference it really made in the end. Stage 3 and Stage 4 are pretty easy to evaluate. Beyond that the pairings depended on the previous results, so it's hard to say what the REAL end result would have been, but in the final head to head to head match it shows no change in the winner. Granted, I only evaluated 2010 using this method, and I don't have time or the numbers available to go back to 2007, 2008, or 2009, so not sure what they would show.

In the end, the exact same top 12 teams advanced to Stage 4 regardless of whether I set the support cap at 100 or even down as low as 50 during stage 3 (support cap was at 200 for stage 3).

In Stage 4, we run into the only interesting bit of it all and it comes down to that controversial first match with USA and DACH. In the original, USA eeked out a win by 2 points. If the support caps were set to 100, then DACH would have won that match. In the end DACH would have placed first in that group, USA second. This would have changed the pairings for the Semi-finals, so this is where it gets hard to continue a true evaluation. As both DACH and USA were triumphant in the Semis and both teams advanced to the finals, it doesn't seem to really matter.

In the final, the scores get a little closer, but USA remains on top.

SO...based on just last year's numbers, I guess I'm not in such a rush to lower the support cap any more. I do think you have more people involved with a higher cap, as there are some teams that would probably lose some support after hitting cap in less than an hour repeatedly. Hard to say if that is actually true or not, but at least from last year's numbers, it doesn't seem like lower caps necessarily do anything to "level the playing field" really. About the only way you could even things out more is to eliminate support all together, and that certainly wouldn't help Hurrikane's goal of getting as many as possible involved in the event.

Here is the data from 2010 showing original scores and then what would have happened if caps set at 100 (and 50 in stage 3). Mack

{EDIT} - I should rephrase as I'm sure someone will point it out, as the data below DOES show a leveling of the playing field...because the scores do in fact get closer. It doesn't show a difference in the end results though. Same 12 teams advance to stage 4, same winner in the final.

Last edited:
I have always been a strong proponent of reducing the support caps, just because I thought it would "level the playing field" somewhat. I was about to post this morning in support of it again, but I figured I'd crunch some numbers based on last year and see what difference it might have made to the end results. I was kind of surprised how little difference it really made in the end.

Can't beat facts and figures, nice one mate.

Looks like the caps stay as they are.

Hurrikane

Support’s scoring is capped in rising increments from Stage 1 onwards, apart from the Final which is uncapped. The capped score is the score before all bonuses are added, apart from HoF’s and Susans. More of bonuses below(*).

Just a question about the support cap. On Australia's last match (4.3) we were told by the judge that we had hit the cap, but according to my calculations we didn't unless the Bonus Mob (25 points) was included in Support's score, but the rule above says the cap is before the bonuses are added, does this include the Bonus MOB?

Gypsy

Australia did in fact cap. Only raw mob points are counted for the cap, it does not count any of the bonuses (variety or bonus mob). Make sure you got the "Letomie 2" team. They were missing the word "support" in their team name, so my scoring app missed them at first as well when I was checking up on this.

-Mack

Australia did in fact cap. Only raw mob points are counted for the cap, it does not count any of the bonuses (variety or bonus mob). Make sure you got the "Letomie 2" team. They were missing the word "support" in their team name, so my scoring app missed them at first as well when I was checking up on this.

-Mack

Thanks Mack, you solved my problem - non standard team name.

Late Entries - Rule Change/Amendment

Gday Hurri,

Have the changes to late entry been made for next year and can these please be made public well in advance so there are no tears from those who expect another cake walk through due to the fact that they cant get their shit squared away. :mad: I read through the rules but couldnt immediately see any rulings on this???
The event has been running for a few years now and to have those who know the timings of events and then seem to miss out only to get a back door in seems unfair. Its a loophole and it needs stitching up! :wise:

Your either in or out. Players know how to contact each other and the rule should stand if - no entry is forwarded and a major team for previous years then they are either left out and a bye is added to the draw or they are added and if they dont turn up then they forfeit but have the chance of approaching you with a solid reason as to why 12 hunters couldnt be forwarded to you before deadline. :cool:

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Bags

Back