Question: WoF 2013 - British and Irish Lions team?

Lardinho

Prowler
Society
Rising Potentials
Matt Lardinho Palmer
So now WoF is as famous as it is and its clear that countries are bumming each other in order to up the odds... As former Team England and Team Wales (and Team Scotland and Team Australia o_O;?) supports... why not lets have a LIONS team? Anyone from Britain and Ireland together, with a good first team and the awesome support of all 4 British countries, Ireland and any of the weird territories in the UK (Isle of Man, we mean you, and the Channel Islands) why not come together an honour the boys down under in Australia?

Its one of the few international sports where the historic, religious and personal differences in Ireland are put a side and no one cares which branch of Christianity you support; the 2 nations play as one and the Irish rugby fans are some of the finest sports fans in the world. The Lions is an extension of this. Let's have the same in WoF. There are many great Welsh, Scottish and Irish players about and I've met players from the Isle of Man personally so our support teams would be vast.

So in the words of alcoholic yellow-shirted football team owning chef, "Let's be 'aving you".

seriously, not one freaking British or Irish person interested in this collaboration?

:scratch2:

seriously, not one freaking British or Irish person interested in this collaboration?

:scratch2:

Pfffft, forget them, come join Team Africa :)

Crikey, Bog Trotters and Poms come to Team WoF OZ. :silly2:
Your may as well enjoy our multicultural+indigenous team and vicariously see the sights, hear the sounds of the southern hemispheres premium team. :laugh:

Crikey, Bog Trotters and Poms come to Team WoF OZ. :silly2:
Your may as well enjoy our multicultural+indigenous team and vicariously see the sights, hear the sounds of the southern hemispheres premium team. :laugh:

Team Africa has graciously decided to start accepting Australians too.

Maybe we all team up as Team Commonwealth? o_O;

hehe, I did enter support once for Team Australia during 2008.

Also British being in team Africa isn't so crazy, for some reason they let Azerbaijan and Israel into European football competitions and Eurovision song contest, despite being entirely in Asia. They are as European as Britain is African, so w/e, could work XD

Maybe we all team up as Team Commonwealth? o_O;

hehe, I did enter support once for Team Australia during 2008.

I don't mind a few 'colonials' on the team.....chuckle, chuckle.

On a serious note, last year was a good blast, met some amazing players of all skills. So assuming got some peds I'm in.

Rick

Team Africa has graciously decided to start accepting Australians too.

Oh God no not another :)

We might have too join the commonwealth :) :laugh:

I don't mind a few 'colonials' on the team.....chuckle, chuckle.

On a serious note, last year was a good blast, met some amazing players of all skills. So assuming got some peds I'm in.

Rick

Awesome =P well already a few big names interested in the idea. Of course, its not up to me, far more experienced players than I will no doubt organise a team, but I hope peoples like the good man Oleg and a few of the other England lads associated with Team England in WoF consider the beauty of a Lions squad. At least there's over 100 years of history and union in the Lions (albeit under varying different names in the very early days). I'm not sure how the Irish, the Welsh, the Scottish and any other territories would feel about it, but I think its a great idea.

Good to have your opinion and backing from one of the home nations, Rick, lets hope others are equally as up for it.

Oh God no not another :)

We might have too join the commonwealth :) :laugh:

haha brilliant, I had a feeling it was made in the UK, could tell by the houses and back gardens for some reason, then I recognised a dude from that pisswank TV show Hollyoaks that my ex used to watch. Respect to the Boks for their love of the Braai, as the Aussies for their barbies and I'm sure the Canadians too. You know all of those places are linked :O

Back