WoF Extra Dates and Poll

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Ignore this post.

Was originally a long-winded attempt to get democracy to do my thinking for me.

The dates were published months ago. Any complaints now are too late.
We all have things we'd rather do from time to time. Those who'd rather play EU are the ones who will prevail.

Hurrikane

thank you, Hurri, it makes the whole picture pretty clear

okay then we got to do it drunk!

I wish the choice really was between playing and getting drunk. But it's more of choosing between being a player and decent human because this is the first long weekend of the warm season and it's full of family obligations. You don't really tell your granny you are not coming to see them in their distant village and won't help them to get the soil ready for new season because you have that virtual match you absolutely have to attend. And you don't say your wife and kids you are not getting them out to get some sun and fresh air after long winter, so could they please just stare at Treasure Island on your computer screen.

I'm sure most people will not choose the game and rightly so. This is very unfortunate timing that will cost us bigger half of the team but can't be helped, I guess. Us, people without family obligations, social life and need for the sun and fresh air, will stay in this city and fight for everyone, trying to leave the team with chances to progress. Too bad it's England and what could possibly be the most interesting match in Group C.

See you on Saturday and let's do our best anyway. England, don't hurry to celebrate! And good luck :)

I wish the choice really was between playing and getting drunk. But it's more of choosing between being a player and decent human because this is the first long weekend of the warm season and it's full of family obligations. You don't really tell your granny you are not coming to see them in their distant village and won't help them to get the soil ready for new season because you have that virtual match you absolutely have to attend. And you don't say your wife and kids you are not getting them out to get some sun and fresh air after long winter, so could they please just stare at Treasure Island on your computer screen.

I'm sure most people will not choose the game and rightly so. This is very unfortunate timing that will cost us bigger half of the team but can't be helped, I guess. Us, people without family obligations, social life and need for the sun and fresh air, will stay in this city and fight for everyone, trying to leave the team with chances to progress. Too bad it's England and what could possibly be the most interesting match in Group C.

See you on Saturday and let's do our best anyway. England, don't hurry to celebrate! And good luck :)

I believe the Russian Calendar for 2010 came out around the same time as mine (January); I would have been happy to change things given more notice. I received no word until this week of any issues with the dates, and it's simply too late in the day to ask other teams and Judges to set aside a separate weekend on top of what they've already planned.

Good luck in your match.

Hurrikane

I believe the Russian Calendar for 2010 came out around the same time as mine (January); I would have been happy to change things given more notice. I received no word until this week of any issues with the dates, and it's simply too late in the day to ask other teams and Judges to set aside a separate weekend on top of what they've already planned.

Good luck in your match.

Hurrikane
We are new to this :ahh: When we entered WoF this year, it seemed like something big and scary with rules being set in stone and us being outsiders. We just wouldn't dare to ask you to change anything, especially the date of the round we were sure we'd struggle getting into :rolleyes:

I don't blame you for anythings, by the way. I'm sorry if my post above sounded like I do. I just said it was very unfortunate for us. First match of the post-qualification stage, former WoF champions as our opponent and probably the only holiday in a year (and we have tons of holidays hating work as much as we do) that is almost synonym of 'being out of the town'. Sometimes things just *click* :laugh:

We are new to this :ahh: When we entered WoF this year, it seemed like something big and scary with rules being set in stone and us being outsiders. We just wouldn't dare to ask you to change anything, especially the date of the round we were sure we'd struggle getting into :rolleyes:

I don't blame you for anythings, by the way. I'm sorry if my post above sounded like I do. I just said it was very unfortunate for us. First match of the post-qualification stage, former WoF champions as our opponent and probably the only holiday in a year (and we have tons of holidays hating work as much as we do) that is almost synonym of 'being out of the town'. Sometimes things just *click* :laugh:

Don't ever be thinking you can't dare to ask me anything. Most of the confusion of earlier WoFs was from me bending over backwards to try and keep everyone happy. It's a little stricter this year, and it's working out great; easier to manage, easier to judge, a little bit more required from the teams though...;)

Given your impressive run so far, I'd be very surprised if even with a team low on numbers you didn't put in a decent score on the day.

Hurrikane

:eek:You mean...in those other matches...the others...they were actually sober ?! :eek:
:ahh: I allways believed that one gets the biggest loot when being drunk, at least I do not remember the bad runs then that much :D

But Hurrikane is right, it's not like the 1.May is an holiday that changes every year and we have known it for months.
Next WoF he should really avoid that weekend, will be Sunday :D

1. May is perfect for WoF, I surely haven´t to work that day ;)

Don't ever be thinking you can't dare to ask me anything.

That goes for me as well. We are not looking at being iron-fisted dictators here, but we want to run a huting tournament without surprises. Predictability is something we all enjoy. Given that this can involve a fair amount of money, I feel many have planned their deposit activity based on the WoF schedule. Many may have already scheduled vacation days or asked a co-worker to cover a shift to allow for participation. It is not personal against any team or region or country. We are literally planning something that spans almost every time zone on Earth... that alone is hard enough.

Thank you mate and good luck to you and to Russia also! :)

And don't worry, we'll only be celebrating if and when we put in a good performance in our match on Saturday! ;)

I'm going to be sooooo wasted :D

Back